??? about adding electrical outlet in food trailer, for gas stove electronics

Author
jomarex
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2014/06/29 23:29:17 (permalink)

??? about adding electrical outlet in food trailer, for gas stove electronics

I've decided to put in a propane stove where a propane fryer used to be, in my food trailer. Got to have the electronic timer and ignition and all that, so will have to figure out how to safely add an outlet there in the corner by the door. This space and the propane flat-grill beside it are under the vent hood.

It appears that the wiring for the vent hood switch / GFCI outlet goes over the door and all around the corner behind some little plastic shielding at the ceiling. So if I pull that wire out of the 15-amp breaker (adding another piece back to the breaker, of course) and bring it down into the corner for an outlet for the stove, at what height should the outlet be? and should the conduit and wiring be back in the corner or right by the door opening? Seems like that back corner would be farthest from the heat of the stove, but would that still be too much heat?

2 Replies Related Threads

roadkillgrill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 179
    Re: ??? about adding electrical outlet in food trailer, for gas stove electronics 2014/07/03 18:52:11 (permalink)
    personally I would pick another fryer. there is so many problems with event electricity I would rather have a manual pilot, thus not putting you out of business. I love when folks are dependent and lose electricity, cause I'm still selling... :) 

jomarex
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: ??? about adding electrical outlet in food trailer, for gas stove electronics 2014/07/03 22:51:35 (permalink)
    yeah, I'm starting to think having the electronic timer and everything wouldn't be *that* nice...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1