any Sabrett franks in Maine?

Author
canadave
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2009/03/12 19:43:37 (permalink)

any Sabrett franks in Maine?

Hi,

I have celiac disease and have been searching for a gluten-free hot dog I can eat.  I love Sabretts, which are GF, but I live in Nova Scotia, Canada now and they're not sold here.

However, I'm willing to make a road trip to Maine in a month to go buy a summer's worth of them if I can find them.  Does anyone know if Sabrett is sold anywhere in Maine, preferably close to I-95 and the Houlton border?  If I can be picky, I like the natural casing franks best ;)

Alternatively, does anyone know a good GF hot dog that would be available in Maine?  I've seen some Hebrew National dogs there, and I could buy those I suppose, but I'm curious what else is out there.

Thanks all!

3 Replies Related Threads

John Fox
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2334
    Re:any Sabrett franks in Maine? 2009/03/12 19:57:43 (permalink)
    I don't know if Sabrett's are available in Maine, but you might try ordering from them.

http://www.sabrett.com/onlineorders.cfm
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1650
    Re:any Sabrett franks in Maine? 2009/03/12 21:02:28 (permalink)
    You might check with Kayem to see if their franks are gluten free.  I used to buy Schonland hotdogs in NH (where we lived) and Maine all the time and loved the taste of them. Natural casings. Don't know about the gluten in them.  Kayem bought them out a while back
    canadave
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re:any Sabrett franks in Maine? 2009/03/12 21:26:37 (permalink)
    Thanks...

@John: Yeah, that'd be simplest, and I looked at their site a while back...the problem is, they don't ship to Canada :(  It's almost impossible to get stuff up here (and I'm spoiled, coming from NYC originally, where I could get ANYTHING!).

@FCF: Thanks for the tip.  Their website doesn't seem to say either way.  I'll check them out.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1