The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors?

junebughed

• Total Posts: 6
anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Sun, 07/23/06 9:33 PM (permalink)
like this summer has to be the weakest in recent memory for new flavors from the big chip companies. does anyone know any info on when we might be seeing some new flavors of ruffles, cheetos, lays, jays, etc?

garden

• Total Posts: 3
    RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/2/06 5:25 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by junebughed

like this summer has to be the weakest in recent memory for new flavors from the big chip companies. does anyone know any info on when we might be seeing some new flavors of ruffles, cheetos, lays, jays, etc?

365 Whole Foods "Sweet Potato Chips". This product is co-branded by Whole Foods and made vby a bakery. At least thats what I'm told. Used to be a bit sea saltier and a thad less baked, but nevertheless still good.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
      RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/3/06 5:25 AM (permalink)
      Mike-Sells has a flavor called "Bold Bahama BBQ" --- my husband brought it home a few days ago and it was good.

Andrea

RC51Mike

• Total Posts: 443
        RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/3/06 2:24 PM (permalink)
        http://www.taquitos.net/

For all your up to the minute snack news.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
          RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/3/06 3:11 PM (permalink)
          Saw Salt and Pepper chips in the store yesterday (new?) and have a bag of Golden Flake Gulf Coast style Kettle Cooked (40% less fat) chips in my desk. Can't really tell the difference between Gulf Coast Kettle Cooked and regular and why they are called Gulf Coast style.

RibRater

• Total Posts: 1862
            RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/3/06 3:17 PM (permalink)
            Kettle chips from kettle foods is about all the chips I eat these days (http://www.kettlefoods.com/). Excellent chips and they are always coming out with new flavors. If you dont have them in your local area you can buy them online at snackaisle.com

aako

• Total Posts: 23
              RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Mon, 08/14/06 4:56 PM (permalink)
              I just picked up a bag of Kettle Brand "Thai Spice" kettle chips.
              First time I had seen them in the store.

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
                RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Mon, 08/14/06 5:57 PM (permalink)
                I'm reluctant to say this (since I'm adverterous) but I like the 'plain' chips the best - the hard, crunchy, kettle-style. I do my own 'doctoring' like shaking Texas Pete Hot Sause on them or dipping them in a sourcream and sliced green onion dip that I've concoted.

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
                  RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Mon, 08/14/06 6:00 PM (permalink)
                  Excuse me, please...
                  I didn't read the posts carefully...
                  No, I don't have information regarding any new flavors.
                  Sorry!

cybele

• Total Posts: 74
                    RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Tue, 08/15/06 12:50 AM (permalink)
                    Steve at www.junkfoodblog.com does a great job of posting about all the new products coming out.

junebughed

• Total Posts: 6
                      RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 3:30 AM (permalink)
                      thanks for all the info on all the new potato chip flavors, i appreciate it...keep em'comin'!

oltheimmer

• Total Posts: 214
                        RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 3:46 AM (permalink)
                        I saw some wasabi flavored chips on a trip to the store yesterday, Tim's was the brand, I think. Never heard of the brand or the flavor. It was a big $4 bag so I passed on them. I like wasabi peas but I've generally found I don't like flavored chips and expect that to be the case with these. If there had been a snack size bag available, I probably would have tried them.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                          RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 4:02 AM (permalink)
                          This is part of my post from another thread:
                          [url='http://www.zapps.com/']Zapp's[/url] are good, though the regular chips seem undersalted to me. Oddly, they make about the only "flavored" chips I like: what they describe as "CRACKED PEPPER AND SEA SALT - More than just salt and pepper, you get the great taste of onion, garlic, and a few other surprises, too."

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
                            RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 6:34 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by aako

I just picked up a bag of Kettle Brand "Thai Spice" kettle chips.
                            First time I had seen them in the store.

I have been looking for those in my store for some time. I read a review in taquitos.com which is mentioned elsewhere. They loved them. I am going to request that my supermarket stock them.

I will sometimes go to Odd Lots or Ocean State Job Lots and check their food aisle to see what is unique. I went to Odd Lots yesterday and picked up a bag of Dinosaur BBQ Mojito tortilla chips. The bag has lemons, limes and orange pictured on the side. $1.50 for a large bag of those. I figure that they will be great with some of the salsas that are in my cupboard.
                            I also picked up something called Pizzarias Zesty Pepperoni from Poore Bros., which seems to be a company located in Arizona. They are not potato chips but some kind of flour and corn based concoction. Those cost $1.00.

I cannot report on how these chips taste as I am currently eating a bag of pretzel rods that opened badly, exposing them to air. They accompany some gourmet dips that I have purchased recently. I have one jar of Tailgating Dip Cheesy Horseradish and another of Raspberry Wasabi Dipping Mustard.

mark

RibRater

RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 6:58 AM (permalink)
                              the kettle thai are good. maybe my favorite of all their chips. kroger carries them or you can order online from snackaisle.com - also, there is a list of online vendors that sell them at the kettle site (link above).

one last note...amazon recently went live (instead of beta) with their groceries section. they sell in bulk but the selection is decent and if you use amazon prime which is a GREAT deal if you order from amazon more than a handful of times each year, 2 day shipping is free.

my point in posting that is they sell some different brands of chips and kettle cooked chips.

digger

• Total Posts: 15
                                RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 8:29 AM (permalink)
                                Cape Cod has a flavor that was new to me anyway, "bold russet". Who would have thought there would be a potato flavored potato chip.

blinky193

• Total Posts: 97
                                  RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Wed, 08/16/06 8:46 AM (permalink)
                                  I believe Lay's potato chips has Loaded Baked Potato flavored potato chips in a canister,........and they are delicious!

sinkiller

• Total Posts: 57
                                    RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Fri, 08/18/06 10:14 AM (permalink)
                                    Herrs has a new flavor called Steak and Worchester, they are incredibly good.

RibRater

RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Sat, 08/19/06 12:38 PM (permalink)
                                      I picked up a bag of Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese Kettle Chips this morning. Not sure if they are new but they are certainly new here.

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                                        RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/24/06 12:11 PM (permalink)
                                        Just had some "limited time only" Lay's Salt & Pepper chips. I believe they are new, because I didn't see them reviewed on Taquitos (and not only do they have the pulse of the snack market, they are in the same area as me so they get the same stuff in their stores).

Anyway, nothing to write home about. Typical Lay's chip, very similar in oiliness and base flavor to a Wise onion & garlic without the tang. A good amount of visible cracked pepper, but not much pepper flavor. Utz Salt & Black Pepper are far superior.

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
                                          RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 08/24/06 1:23 PM (permalink)
                                          Lays Masterpiece Hot'N Spicy BBQ chips. Thay got good reviews from tha grandzillas! They ate em plain and also diped them in sour cream onion dip. I tried both ways, not bad. A sweet flovor from the Masterpiece yet hot.

I want to try all the flovors mentioned earlier!
                                          Joe

arianej

• Total Posts: 205
                                            RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Sat, 08/26/06 6:39 PM (permalink)
                                            I'm not sure the U.S. quite measures up to other countries in the flavored chips department! On a recent trip to New Zealand this past spring, they had tons of different flavors. Our favorites were Tzatziki (Greek yogurt sauce w/dill and garlic), Thai satay, lamb and mint, parma ham w/sundried tomato, feta w/roasted garlic... And there's more I'm forgetting, I know.

And in France, they had shallot and vinegar. Yum...

tigerborn

• Total Posts: 52
                                              RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 09/7/06 12:28 AM (permalink)
                                              Check out Kettle Chips' Spicy Thai potato chips. It's interesting.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                                                RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 09/7/06 2:03 PM (permalink)
                                                Yesterday at Kroger's I saw "Sweets and Beets". I like sweet potato chips, but BEETS? I passed. Has anyone tried them. I don't remember the brand name.

xannie_01

• Total Posts: 1481
                                                  RE: anyone have any info on new potato chip flavors? Thu, 09/7/06 2:06 PM (permalink)
                                                  bought the haberno doritos for the hubster.
                                                  he said they weren't bad.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                    • No New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                    • Read Message
                                                    • Post New Thread
                                                    • Reply to message
                                                    • Post New Poll
                                                    • Submit Vote
                                                    • Post reward post
                                                    • Delete my own posts
                                                    • Delete my own threads
                                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com