ate at Texas Lunch formerly of Newburgh New York

Author
tjosephb
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/07/07 14:35:39 (permalink)

ate at Texas Lunch formerly of Newburgh New York

Was just up in New York from Philly this holiday weekend and drove out to Wallkill, New York to the newest home of the "original" "Texas Lunch" formerly of the City of Newburgh.
The owners son tells me his father was there for 25 years after having bought the place, they moved sometime ago, i don't know when.

I, of course had 3 with everything.....They were not quite as I remembered them to be.

The place is not as busy as the old one in the city and the sauce was just a bit blander than I remember.

Of course if you aren't pushing them out the door at record speed the recipe tends to get old a bit, i suppose.

I will go back on a return trip i'm sure.

Anyone else been there?

3 Replies Related Threads

seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    Re:ate at Texas Lunch formerly of Newburgh New York 2010/07/07 15:15:00 (permalink)
    They moved to Walkill about 3 or 4 years ago - in fact, I think there was a hiatus of a year or so when they had no place at all, having closed in Newburgh. We were there for hot dogs a month or so after they had opened in Walkill and the sauce seemed fine to me - very much like the sauce at Dallas hot Weiners in Kingston, and somewhat less nutmeg than at Coney Island in Middletown. 

We try to get down there at least once a year - in fact a visit is overdue so I guess we'll be there before this month is over. 

Cheers, John  
    Benzee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1878
    Re:ate at Texas Lunch formerly of Newburgh New York 2010/08/04 23:05:40 (permalink)
    Hello all ,

A few yrs ago we stopped there on our Hudson Valley Hot Dog Tour . Nice family , good dogs , quiet area .
    Would make a good spot for a mini meet in the near future

Benzee
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    Re:ate at Texas Lunch formerly of Newburgh New York 2010/08/05 08:13:44 (permalink)
    I wonder about the ours they keep. Gail and I stopped there about 4pm on a Friday and they were closed...

Cheers, John 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1