The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc

jann1033

• Total Posts: 5
bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Tue, 09/25/07 10:36 AM (permalink)
so basically rts 95 and 26..last time we went to shelby but this time it's already 10 hrs so we can't really make any detours..so any ideas? don't care for the mustard based..
also decent bbq around sebastian..anyone go to Bono's in vero beach?
or any around charlotte nc, on 77, BBq king is closed sundays when we will be there
Thanks...

ayersian

RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Tue, 09/25/07 10:47 AM (permalink)
    Spoon's BBQ on South Blvd. (take the Tyvola Rd. exit off I-77) in Charlotte is quite noteworthy for Eastern NC 'q, though it may not be open on Sunday. Call ahead to make sure!

Jim in NC

• Total Posts: 186
      RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Wed, 09/26/07 10:41 AM (permalink)
      Burk's BBQ in Rock Hill MIGHT be open Sundays. Not great, but it'll do in a pinch.

Burk's BBQ
      2012 Cherry Rd. (Off I-77)
      Rock Hill, SC
      803-980-4444

kruckman

• Total Posts: 1
        RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Sat, 10/6/07 11:27 AM (permalink)
        try 12 bones in Asheville. Not open sunday but great stuff.

porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2201
          RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Sat, 10/6/07 1:07 PM (permalink)
          I lived in Vero Beach from 1979-2006. Recommending any the local choices can be tricky due to differences in taste and degrees of expectation. Bono's, some folks love it. I thought it was inconsistent. Anyone who thinks fall-off-the-bone ribs are perfectly cooked will probably enjoy Norris's Place for Ribs (south of Vero on US1). Personally, when I had a hankerin' for bbq (usually ribs, sometimes pulled pork) and was too lazy to cook it myself, I chose the local incarnation of Sonny's on Rt60 just west of downtown. I know, I know,....most of the "experts" think Sonny's is crap, but I never had a bad meal there. The price is right, you get plenty to eat, good beans, and choice of sauces. I will admit that, since moving to Georgia last summer, I haven't set foot in a chain bbq joint and don't cook as much of it myself. If I'm jonesin', there's lots of real thing to be had locally. One in particular is The Hickory Wind in Braselton; they even offer beef brisket as a regular item. pb

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
            RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Mon, 10/8/07 8:06 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by porkbeaks

I lived in Vero Beach from 1979-2006. Recommending any the local choices can be tricky due to differences in taste and degrees of expectation. Bono's, some folks love it. I thought it was inconsistent. Anyone who thinks fall-off-the-bone ribs are perfectly cooked will probably enjoy Norris's Place for Ribs (south of Vero on US1). Personally, when I had a hankerin' for bbq (usually ribs, sometimes pulled pork) and was too lazy to cook it myself, I chose the local incarnation of Sonny's on Rt60 just west of downtown. I know, I know,....most of the "experts" think Sonny's is crap, but I never had a bad meal there. The price is right, you get plenty to eat, good beans, and choice of sauces. I will admit that, since moving to Georgia last summer, I haven't set foot in a chain bbq joint and don't cook as much of it myself. If I'm jonesin', there's lots of real thing to be had locally. One in particular is The Hickory Wind in Braselton; they even offer beef brisket as a regular item. pb

PB,

I have been Q'ing for many years and have never had anything but raves about my BBQ from friends and family. Problem is that anymore after cooking all day I usually have no appetite and pick at a little just to be social. All leftovers go home with folks. When I feel like eating some BBQ I too head for the local Sonny's. Like you, I have not had a bad meal, it's clean, and I did not have to cook it.

Big Kahuna Kooks

• Total Posts: 490
              RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Sat, 01/12/08 12:05 PM (permalink)
              i too agree with Sonny's and I lived in Houston for 3 years and KC for a couple as well and have had BBQ in every type "shack" immaginable. Sonny's is right up there in consistancy and flavor. Was sorry to see the Boynton Beach store fold up.

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
                RE: bbq from sebastian fl to asheville nc Wed, 01/16/08 11:13 PM (permalink)
                Jann1033 - I95 in Ormond Beach, FL - You'll see exit sign for US 1 Bunnell - You'll see huge Harley Superstore and Daytona Pig Heaven is right there..Get their St. Louis ribs not those foo foo baby backs! Get sides of mac and cheese and the slaw....this place is very, very good. I happen to like Sonny's, Dustin's etc. But, this place is in another league.

I found if you are demanding with the chains, you can get a good product. I always ask that my ribs not be dried out and I ask for center cut ribs. I think Sonny's does a good job for a chain.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com