best breakfast in SF

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
BT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: best breakfast in SF 2005/07/09 23:58:04 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by The Fabulous Moolah

anyone know about Ella's for breakfast in SF ?
comments are appreciated.

Lots of reviews here: http://www.yelp.com/biz_details?biz_id=5pxRtqkoiFOxvbFmPyJEUndJ6t-ynCxF

Looks roadfoodie:
BT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: best breakfast in SF 2005/07/10 00:06:49 (permalink)
OK, I was going to mention Citizen Cake but the truth is I've never had breakfast there. I HAVE been there several times for a late afternoon snack (in Britain, they'd probably call it tea time) and it's a heck of a good bakery, so I thought you could probably put together a very good breakfast there. But it turns out they do it for you with eggs and pancakes and all the usual stuff, which I didn't realize they did, but it doesn't surprise me that if they do it, it's very good. Here's a glowing review: http://www.ballyhoo.us/restaurants/review.cfm?review=82
Bridgeman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: best breakfast in SF 2005/07/10 00:24:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by The Fabulous Moolah

anyone know about Ella's for breakfast in SF ?
comments are appreciated.

Buried here in the Breakfast Forum (actually at the top of page 6 of postings) is a piece I wrote on Ella's back in January of last year, entitled, "Fried Cornmeal and Eggs!" Search on that or on my name. The posting should tell you everything you need to know. After 16 years of regular (monthly, at least) business travel there, it was in my top 3 SF breakfast stops of all time. (And at least one of those, Doidge's, is no longer open.)

Good luck, and good eating. (PS: You can check, but you may find the Fried Cornmeal and Eggs are a weekday only item.)
Bridgeman
slackademic
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: best breakfast in SF 2005/08/16 13:34:51 (permalink)
It is a bit of a drive, but the best breakfast I had in the area is at the Ketch Joanne Restaurant & Bar in Princeton. The crab & cheese omelette is delicious as well as the shrimp benedict with cheese. For the Bay Area, they weren't too outrageous at $13.95. I wish I could go back tomorrow.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1