building a hot dog cart

Author
djtomatoe
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 197
2006/05/22 21:03:48 (permalink)

building a hot dog cart

does anyone have an idea where i can get plans to build a STAND IN HOT DOG CART?

I am thinking about building a cart, and could use some construction info

5 Replies Related Threads

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: building a hot dog cart 2006/05/23 10:43:52 (permalink)
    I've pictured that project myself. I think the only plans are the ones you would layout on paper. As for the construction angle, make sure you have everything squared and secured. Be a shame going down the highway and watching the 55mph winds tear it apart! One thing that I have seriously considered, if I ever was to do it, is use those new metal studs. They are extremely light, once screwed together they are stronger then 2x4's. Price wise, they are comparable to lumber. Most expensive part would be having the stainless steel fabricated (cut, bent, etc) for the interior. I'd probably start off by contacting the health department for all your electrical, plumbing, flooring, walls, you name it requirements. I dont know if it pertains to a mobile food cart, but a Chef freind of mine told me any new food establishment needs to submit a site plan, right down to the shelving before one can build. I haven't investigated this, but something worth checking into.

A good base to start would be a low profile, 2 or 4 wheel trailer, or trailer frame. These are actually pretty cheap new, and even cheaper used. (Get an old popup camper and strip everything off the frame).

Hope some of my rambling here helped you out.

Tiger
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: building a hot dog cart 2006/05/23 23:57:55 (permalink)
    Hi,all!
    It's an interesting topic.I'm in China and I'm going to start my own hotdog business.I got many plans from internet.But it seems I can't post pictures here.My Email: tiger70@tom.com .Hoping I can discuss with you.
    BTW, UncleVic,I can't mail you by vic_vicm@hotmail.com
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: building a hot dog cart 2006/05/24 00:40:21 (permalink)
    Tiger, Welcome to Roadfood.. Wow, China! Hows the weather there?
    Just click on the user name in the forums on the left, it will link you to Roadfoods mail system to send out an email. Just sent you an email with my actuall email addy. The Hotmail address is for MSN messanger which I hardly ever use anymore. You'll find me on the Yahoo account (IM), which is always on.
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    RE: building a hot dog cart 2006/05/24 11:35:00 (permalink)
    hi tigar..
    by chance have we met?
    i am from portland oregon
    Tiger
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: building a hot dog cart 2006/05/24 23:46:08 (permalink)
    Nice to meet you.The weather here is fine.And I have a cheerful mood.Because I got my startup money yesterday.All you talking about will be helpful to me.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1