bun n' burger

Author
italian sausage
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 13
2005/02/27 21:28:54 (permalink)

bun n' burger

there's this new hotdog stand claiming to be the former owners of danny's drive-in. YEA!!!!! ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO!!! they USED to be partners with the present owners. they've got nothing on danny's. they are more like bun n' yuk. i hear they will be closing soon due to the lack of business. probably the same reason why heck of a hotdog and sdw didn't make it. why would you compete with the real "legend" of stratford? danny's rules! no one's got a better burger! went into bun & ? the other day for a chilidog and still trying to get the paste taste out of my mouth. anyone else feel the same way?

9 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18450
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/02/27 22:21:20 (permalink)
    I never liked Danny's hotdogs. Yjeuy couldn't comprare with Jimmy's, Turk's or Phyllis' hot dogs. Their hamburgers, though, were always pretty good.
    italian sausage
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/02/27 22:32:57 (permalink)
    Michael....you don't like a hummel's hot dog? Whats up with that? Is it the deep fried thing you dislike? You need it split and grilled?
    long dog
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/03/02 18:09:25 (permalink)
    Michael -

When was the last time you were back this way ?
    Phyllis' is now an Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

Personally, I've only been to Bun n' Burger once - so far.
    Had a long dog with the works.
    Will try the chili next time I go.

AMia0402
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/04/16 19:07:01 (permalink)
    Bigbite - the owners of Bun N' Burger sold Danny's in 1999. Six years ago! They then owned Legend's Drive in from 1999 - 2004. They now own Bun N' Burger and use the same food and suppliers they did back when they owned Danny's. The chili is superb and HOT!

Sadly however, the new owner's of Danny's saw fit to change everything that made Danny's such a success back in the day. And now they've done the same thing to Legend's. Such a pity....some people don't know a good thing when they see it.

BigBite - you're getting a little personal. Get your facts straight before you write.
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/04/17 07:31:28 (permalink)
    Sounds like a conflict in taste is brewing here
    Ramair31
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/04/17 23:49:59 (permalink)
    We went to paradise green the other day to walk the dog. I saw the new red sign of Bun N Burger. We tried it out and LOVED every bit of food they had. My wife and I had the lobster roll and the Scallops. PERFECT! My kids had hot dogs and hamburgers and had to ask me for more money to eat seconds. We got into talking with the owners and found out that they were the original owners of Legends Drive in in Milford...WOW!! We had been going there until my wife got seriously ill from uncooked chicken. We sure enough found out that they had sold the place 2 months earlier. NEVER AGAIN!! The place was dirty, and the staff was rude and disrespectful!! We will follow the Bun N Burger family wherever they go!!! Best of luck in Paradise Green!!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/04/18 02:09:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BigBite

Michael....you don't like a hummel's hot dog? Whats up with that? Is it the deep fried thing you dislike? You need it split and grilled?

I never liked Hummel's because I couldn't stand Claire Hummel. Of coourse, compared to any hot dogs other than Roessler's, Hummel's were always wonderful.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: bun n' burger 2005/04/18 02:11:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by long dog

Michael -

When was the last time you were back this way ?
    Phyllis' is now an Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

I haven't been to Phyliss' in years. The one I grew up not being a fan of closed many years ago when they basically shut down Savin Rock. I did get to the one they opened on New Haven Avenue in Milford, but it was a far cry from the glory days of the Rock.
    hrogers
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: bun n' burger 2006/06/15 00:28:07 (permalink)
    Just read Italian Sausage's post of 2/27/2005. Bun N' Burger is still around and I think doing pretty well. Why all the animosity? I thought the chili pretty good and nice n' chunky - the way I like it. And Bun N' Burger was just profiled in the CT Post as having one of the best burgers in CT. I agree - they're very good. Anyway, would love to hear from you little sausage and see if you've changed your mind because you were wrong.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1