burger king

Author
food10
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
2006/05/29 16:44:04 (permalink)

burger king

What was the experience like when going for burgers at this restaurant?

18 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: burger king 2006/05/29 17:12:04 (permalink)
    When I first read this, my reaction was . Surely sometime in your life you've eaten there. I checked to see if maybe you lived in Kazakhstan of somewhere, but you live in Orlando where I once lived and where I know there are plenty of BK's. So hard as it may be, I'll take your question seriously.

I happen to like BK as a place to sit and read the newspaper. As is the case with other such places, the burgers are nothing like a real hand-patted, cooked on a grill hamburger, but they don't make me wretch or anything and the Whopper has lots of ketchup and mayo so you don't much taste the meat (probably a good thing). But the thing I like about the BK in my little town in AZ (where I go in the winter) is that the people who run it are real nice and they keep the soda machine out where you can get all the free refills you want. The McDonald's in town doesn't do that and the BK is a sunny, pleasant space whereas the McD's is a little dingy. I also like a few of the condiments at BK, especially the "onion ring sauce" and "taco sauce". They are good enough to get me to order onion rings and/or taco's occasionally, but not as often as I would if they would stop frying in oil that's loaded with transfats.
    Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 210
    RE: burger king 2006/06/01 12:13:59 (permalink)
    If you want to see something truly strange, go to www.epinions.com and look up the restaurant reviews....people will do long, elaborate reviews of chain restaurants like McD's and Burger King.
    Bob in Cary
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    RE: burger king 2006/06/01 12:55:25 (permalink)
    The last time I ate at one they nuked the burger, lettuce, tomato and all. To say it reeked when opened is putting it mildly.
    Fieldthistle
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: burger king 2006/06/01 13:30:27 (permalink)
    Hello All,
    Much of the quality has to do with the local managers and workers.
    Locally, we have a good Burger King. I have fallen in love
    with their EXTREME CHICKEN Sandwich. And I like the price
    of their Whooper Jr. at 99 cents, but who knows how long
    that price will last.
    And I have a co-worker that demands I pick up onion ring sauce
    everytime I go to BK.
    I like BK, but the way they put mayo and mustard on my burger
    is a pain. They glob it on the burger in away that when you bite into it
    it squirts out on the opposite side that you bite. It's a mess.
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle
    tmiles
    • Total Posts : 1968
    RE: burger king 2006/06/01 13:32:43 (permalink)
    I used a coupon last night and got a Whopper w cheez, small fries and a small (free refills) drink for 2.10 incl tax. The staff was friendly, the restaurant clean, and the food not bad. The "new" BK is going to be tough competition.
    Tastytoo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 271
    RE: burger king 2006/06/01 13:51:52 (permalink)
    I used to go there a lot after work. I worked late and they were open 24 hours. It was still busy after 11pm but still quiet enough to read. I like the cheeseburgers but there seem to be no decent ff fries. I also enjoy the onion rings and chicken sandwiches.

Since they were open all night we would go there after drinking. BK was 2 blocks from work and 3 from the bar. No nearby White Castle unfortunately. Now that BK serves tacos those would have been a good thing to have after drinking.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 10:51:02 (permalink)
    and this isn't in the FFF forum because....?

V960
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 11:23:50 (permalink)
    Haven't seem one in years in NC. Guess they pulled out of this market or I'm simply not seeing a place I wouldn't visit.
    essvee
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 11:36:43 (permalink)
    I burp charcoal for hours after BK so I haven't been for years. Methinks there is some nasty old chemical additive named "charcoal flavor" they spray on them thongs. Yuk. Plus their fries are just nasty. When I have to eat fast food burger "food", McD's is the only one I can stomach, as like many people, I was trained at a very early age to salivate at a mere glimpse of the Golden Arches.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4207
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 11:40:02 (permalink)
    Hmmm...new poster with only 31 posts, asking for opinions about the food at Burger King?!? Gee whillikers folks, do ya think this maybe, possibly, just might be a troller looking for a good laugh??? The sad thing is all the long time, experienced members who took the bait.

Buddy

P.S. Hey folks, I got some swampland in Florida that's for sale real cheap. Well, of course it's been drained, why do you ask?

B.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 12:28:48 (permalink)
    thanks admins!
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 12:31:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Much of the quality has to do with the local managers and workers.
    Locally, we have a good Burger King.

Yeah, and I forgot to mention that some of them offer regional touches. Mine in AZ puts a big bucket of pickled jalapeno slices out on the counter with the other condiments. I load my $1 cheeseburger up with them and some ketchup--firey!
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 12:36:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

Hmmm...new poster with only 31 posts, asking for opinions about the food at Burger King?!? Gee whillikers folks, do ya think this maybe, possibly, just might be a troller looking for a good laugh??? The sad thing is all the long time, experienced members who took the bait.

Buddy

P.S. Hey folks, I got some swampland in Florida that's for sale real cheap. Well, of course it's been drained, why do you ask?

B.

Of course it "might" be, but on the other hand I've seen a number of new posters here ridiculed and alienated right off on the assumption that a first post not properly reeking of Roadfood groupthink was "trolling" when, in fact it wasn't, so I chose, as I said, in spite of the odds, to take it seriously.

I'm still waiting for food10 to say "Gotcha!". It won't ruin my day at all.
    Pwingsx
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 15:40:38 (permalink)
    I don't really see any of the trolls jumping out and saying gotcha. What I'd be more interested in is when food10 raises his head again and whether the next post is as unsubstantial as this was. Or is it insubstantial? Nonsubstantial?
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 16:22:40 (permalink)
    I used to love 99c Whopers. I would buy two and combine them and feed the extra buns to the birds. Not the same now!

In the Dallas area it's Kellers and Joe Willy's for me.
    Joe
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4207
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 20:11:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

Buddy

B.

Of course it "might" be, but on the other hand I've seen a number of new posters here ridiculed and alienated right off on the assumption that a first post not properly reeking of Roadfood groupthink was "trolling" when, in fact it wasn't, so I chose, as I said, in spite of the odds, to take it seriously.

I'm still waiting for food10 to say "Gotcha!". It won't ruin my day at all.
    Tell ya what Buckaroo, you run a profile on food10 and read some of his/her other posts. Then you come back and tell me honestly that this isn't a troller looking to make a monkey out of you. In fact, let me help you out:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13296
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13126
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13102

Do ya need more cause there are 27 more I can offer as evidence.

Buddy

P.S. Just to set the record straight, I got snookered too, responding to a thread about British Ice Cream. Of course, that was back in January, more toward the beginning of food10's career. We should all know better by now.

B.

p.p.s. And, it would seem, again in a thread about european ice cream. Silly me.

b.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: burger king 2006/06/02 23:43:15 (permalink)
    Buddy--the thing is, I don't care if it isn't serious. I'm willing to take anything seriously and if the person who started it isn't serious, no great loss. I only spend my time typing here when I've got nothing much better to do anyway.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: burger king 2006/06/03 03:01:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

Buddy--the thing is, I don't care if it isn't serious. I'm willing to take anything seriously and if the person who started it isn't serious, no great loss. I only spend my time typing here when I've got nothing much better to do anyway.

Amen BT....
    But I guess sometimes when we joke back, and play along with the troll's the "real" posters always get fingers pointed at them.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1