cash register till sheet...

Author
GoTTi
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 106
2009/03/02 00:26:45 (permalink)

cash register till sheet...

im looking for a cash register sheet template. the paper that has columns with denominations of the papers and how many we write are in the register. im looking for something like that.

thanks

8 Replies Related Threads

GoTTi
    Cheeseburger
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/03 12:00:07 (permalink)
    so no1 has any information on this???
    pdxyyz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 411
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/03 12:18:58 (permalink)
    I have  a spreadsheet that you enter each denomination and it calculates the totals.

Enter the float you want to keep in the till and it will calculate your nightly deposit.

Unfortunately the file attachment function in the forum only allows gif and jpg files of 25K or less so the attached picture may be a bit small.

Attached Image(s)

konnie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 334
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/03 14:15:39 (permalink)
    GoTTi

im looking for a cash register sheet template. the paper that has columns with denominations of the papers and how many we write are in the register. im looking for something like that.

thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.  I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that I built.  It lists all the products I sell and the food cost on each.  At the end of the day I plug in the # sold and the Gross amounts.  It then gives me a average sale per unit and the gross profit per menu item.  Of course I still have other fixed expenses but it takes them into account also.  It is far too large to post on here but if you have Microsoft Excel on Windows XP and would like a copy, PM me with your email address and I will attach a copy for you.  You will need to modify it to fit your products and food cost but if it will work, I'll be glad to send it to you.

Mike S.
    edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2070
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/03 14:20:51 (permalink)
    A spreadsheet is easy to build.    …..But, it needs to track and report sales & taxes in the same manner as recorded by the cash register, as these should be your weekly, monthly and yearly sales & tax summary.     ……. A good cash register ($200 -$300) can give a close-of-day report, totaling the number of sales; average amount of sales; and break down of sales by each product category; as well as total cash & checks collected and sales taxes collected to be paid to the gov.  Some of these cash registers can connect to a computer system to make a complete inventory system.

For those that may be interested, here is a POS/cash register program that can run on a computer.   This might make a laptop ideal for use in trailer concessions or hot dog cart (??).  It's free.
    http://pages.prodigy.net/daleharris/pos.htm

post edited by edwmax - 2009/03/03 14:46:45
    JayL
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 223
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/03 14:40:11 (permalink)
    Most registers can be programmed for different departments (at least I think that's what you call them).  You can program each department for different items such as appetizers, entrees, drinks, alcohol/wine, desserts, take-out, or anything else you want to calculate separately.  Your X and Z will give you this information at the end of the shift/day.

I did not do that in my business, but I did do a very simple Excel spreadsheet that totaled my daily lunch, dinner, credit cards, cash & checks, and take out.  All I did was input the sales figures and my daily totals and monthly total was automatically updated in the spreadsheet.

I've never gotten into the daily "profit" reports as food costs are continually changing.  Unless you're willing to update your entire food cost list once or twice a week you aren't going to get a true profit report.  I believe food cost/profit reports are more accurately looked at on a monthly basis.  But that's only my opinion.  Do what works best for your business.
    GoTTi
    Cheeseburger
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/05 23:12:08 (permalink)
    ya thats not what im looking for. i use quickbooks POS to process my orders, i input them at the end of each day.

what im looking for is:

i count the money i have on me. 1,5,10,20,50,100 bills and my quarters.

if i have 95-$1, 150-$5, etc,....i write that in the field/line on the piece of paper in each column you know...

then at the bottom it has a total line where i figure out the total after im done counting the cash and writing the values.

then it has another line for the amount i started the day with, the cash i started with so i write that in and deduct that from the total cash and another line has the actual amount of cash i should have compared to the sales i had.

thats what im looking for    
    edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2070
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/06 13:25:19 (permalink)
    Like this:

Currency        Count                Total

$100’s          ______        =    _____
    $50’s            ______        =    _____
    $20’s            ______        =    _____
    $10’s            ______        =    _____
    $ 5’s             ______        =    _____
    $  1’s            ______        =    _____

Coins

50               ______        =    _____
    25               ______        =    _____
    10               ______        =    _____
    5                 ______        =    _____
    1                 ______        =    _____

TOTAL Cash        =    ______

Total Checks       =    ______

TOTAL Drawer        =    ______

A spreadsheet is still easy to build. I did this with pencil as I counted down the drawer.

BigSlicks
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 235
    Re:cash register till sheet... 2009/03/06 20:24:41 (permalink)
    My wife is a Payroll manager and does all my spread sheets and uses excel if there is anyone that would like a template let me now I can email one to you.

Big Slick
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1