Helpful Replycity wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit...

Author
jomarex
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2014/06/11 10:38:25 (permalink)

city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit...

Yeah, I can be a pill, but this is the biggest sticking point I've found in this process of starting up a little food-trailer biz.

The city here has a permit application for vendors and peddlers and whatever, door-to-door salespeople, etc. It makes it sound like it goes waaay beyond the "criminal background check" one city employee mentioned in leaving a message for me that they needed more forms.

This is Leander city, in Williamson county in Texas that is so corrupt, so vicious, so eager to project an image of being "tough on crime" that they imprison a guy for 25 years for murder when they didn't want to catch the guy who actually did the crime....

All of these things together just really got my back up, and I don't know how I'm going to work through it without just going elsewhere.  I like where I have the food trailer situated now....

Is it just this stupid little town, or do other locales collect these massive amounts of "personal and confidential" data about everybody, in order to sell hamburgers, ya know... ??
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2107
Re:city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit.. 2014/06/11 10:54:24 (permalink)
Don't know ...???...   Go see an Attorney for advice and ask him if you can do anything about not giving irrelevant personal info requested.
jomarex
Junior Burger
Re:city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit.. 2014/06/11 10:59:09 (permalink)
say, that's a good idea... shoulda thought of that.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4634
Re:city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit.. 2014/06/11 11:08:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
Texas-home of manly men like Ted Cruz, and lots of frightened sheep.
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2107
Re:city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit.. 2014/06/11 12:53:21 (permalink)
jomarex

say, that's a good idea... shoulda thought of that.

Take a copy of the application/questionnaire with you and be able to state why the requested info is irreverent and personally intrusive.
jomarex
Junior Burger
Re:city wants massive amounts of "personal and confidential information" to issue permit.. 2014/06/11 15:35:25 (permalink)
I think I'll just stick a note on there for them to send me a copy of every bit of this massive amount of irrelevant "personal and confidential information" they collect. Make me feel better. It's all BS anyway; they'll do what they want, whether or not they have any signed form.

And I will not be at all surprised if some little wanna-be denies my permit 'cause they don't like my attitude. This flat-out statement that they think they have the right to collect all this PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL stuff just really got me. They can do what they like. I do not kiss up to bullies.
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1