Here's one I have in my collection from www.pizzatoday.com
- Though she does not say anything about freezing them, I've heard several times thats the proper way to avoid a mess in the fryer (as mentioned above).
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
16 ounces of mozzarella cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup corn starch
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 cup of pizza sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
- Mix together the eggs and water and set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another separate container, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- Cut your mozzarella into any desired shape: squares, rectangles, or sticks.
- One at a time, dip each piece of mozzarella into the egg mixture, then bread crumbs, then flour.
- Fry the sticks until they are golden brown, and serve with desired dipping sauce.
Meredith Johnston is managing editor at PIZZA TODAY.