Originally posted by greyson
saw on food network one time a sandwich they dip before they serve it to you and i believe it was in new york...
I'm guessing that you are referring to Phillipes (spelling?) French Dip, which is located in LA, not NYC. It's been featured on about 50 different food network shows.
also looking for best sandwich in new york this will be my third time there and i love food road food best just grab and go...
This is obviously a matter of opinion. My opinion is that the best sandwich in NY goes like this:
1. Pastrami in rye at Katz's
2. Bagel, lox, tomato, onion from Ess-A-Bagel
3. Roast Pork and fresh mozz at Leo's Latticini (Corona, Queens)
4. Veal Parm at Manganerro's Hero Boy
5. Philly Cheesesteak from Carl's (I know, it's not NY food, but it's really, really good)
6. Shwarma/Falafel combo from Murray's
7. Roast Beef at Roll-N-Roaster in Brooklyn
do they have a sandwich that is served with fries on it???
The only one I've ever seen in NY is a "Chip Butty" at Salt & Battery Fish and Chips