first post might be da best bbq in ga

Author
UNCLE TEDDY
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/01/14 22:30:45 (permalink)

first post might be da best bbq in ga

i have a home in fla west coast and blairsville ga ,and always in my 71 years have sought out great barb-b-q  there is not a state east of the mighty miss i havent tried ,WELL low and behold aa guy named popie opens up ,i tried it along with a bunch od my barbq luvin kin fron tenn fla ga and swore best ever b far ,well have not been back but my friends i have told about it thank me all the time got back to blairsville on tues last week and had to go to the bigger place he had moved WELL i think it was even better than i remember,i have not yet used his sauce which is mighty tasty afraid to ruin the crystalizing as popie calls it    smoked is crystallized   grilled is charred  beans ,slaw to die for sweet potooe fries wow stuffed tater big as your head   rib eyes only on fri-sat (popie wants fresh)catfish sat tell him uncle teddy sent ya      its worth a big detour for this winner  

3 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15185
    Re:first post might be da best bbq in ga 2010/01/15 09:49:32 (permalink)
    Uncle Teddy, Are you connected in any business way to this BBQ Stand?  It would help us make sense of your recommendation if you would take the time to break up that complex paragraph into smaller groups. Please answer these questions for me...
      What is the name of the BBQ Business?  What is it's street address? Can you give some 'directions' to help folks find it?  Do they have a web-site?

I am willing to avoid labeling this 'plug' as a SPAM notice for now, but you need to clear up some details about the place, please.
    Gumbo191
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:first post might be da best bbq in ga 2010/02/19 23:13:03 (permalink)
    What?
    ibmikeb
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:first post might be da best bbq in ga 2010/02/25 21:41:04 (permalink)
    I have been coming to Blairsville / Georgia mountains since I was a kid. Have seen may BBQ places come and go. Early on Bubba's was great, not quite the same now. On our last trip there June 09 stumbled on Poppie's BBQ on Murphy Hwy in converted gas station and wound up eating there twice. Brisket and pulled pork was great as was the fried catfish. Brunswick stew was unique. I thought too much vinegar, poppie visited the table, explained his recipe was the recipe from the old UGA mountain experiment station and he cut down the vinegar! Stiil too much vinegar for me. Not a week ago my parents who live in Athens tried to go back and told me it was closed. This post and a quick search reveald they have moved to just outside the square in Blairsville.  Definitely can recommend and plan to go back. Per google search moved into old panther pub, : 53 Blue Ridge St Blairsville, GA 30512 though I have not been to the new location.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1