fort myers florida

Author
legman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2003/08/06 07:15:54 (permalink)

fort myers florida

looking for places that have southern food around ft.myers like fried green tomatoes or fried okra or something that is found in the south, all suggestions will be taken.

3 Replies Related Threads

bjmilam
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: fort myers florida 2003/08/06 15:04:00 (permalink)
    I checked to make sure the State Farmer's Market Restaurant was still around before recommending it, and it is. It's been years since I ate there, but I'm Southern and it was very good. Can't promise they'll have green tomatoes though. Fried green tomatoes are kind of hard to come by, although you see them more often on menus since the movie. They are a tricky item for a restaurant to do well.

If you don't find any at a restaurant on your trip, just buy some green tomatoes and email me when you get back home and I'll tell you how to fry them yourself. Just write me at bjmilam@aol.com and be sure to mention fried green tomatoes in the subject line.

Happy Eating!
    Rusty246
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2414
    RE: fort myers florida 2003/08/06 16:18:21 (permalink)
    I went to the Ft. Myers Chamber of Commerce website and viewed many restaurant listings. I didn't see anything that even sounded southern! More seafood that anything else. I sent an email. If they answer anytime soon I'll let you know.
    Amen on the fried green tomtatoes! I'm fortunate that my husband works for a produce company, we're both crazy about em'.All I have to do is mention green tomatoes and he brings them. We have one and only one place that sells them here, they're good(if you get them hot), but I prefer my own.
    SpicyJenny
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: fort myers florida 2003/09/16 21:12:51 (permalink)
    If you have a car, drive to LaBelle from Ft. Myers and dine at Flora & Ella's. It's about as country as you can get, with a line of rocking chairs on a long, broad porch. I've only been there for breakfast, though, so you may want to call ahead to find out hours, etc. (863) 675-2891. The breakfasts we've had were wonderful, with some of the best biscuits and sausage gravy around.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1