full service or counter service

Author
aztlan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/08/08 19:32:50 (permalink)

full service or counter service

I currently have a full service mexican restaurant but have been tossing the idea of changing my service structure.  Dinners are great but lunch has been very slow.  I feel that customers want a faster lunch because of time constraints.  My idea was changing lunch to counter service and keeping dinner at full service.  This way I can accommodate the lunch crowd as well.  I will have a hostess all day directing customers so that there wont be any confusion.  
My question is how many people prefer a counter service lunch rather than a full service lunch?

2 Replies Related Threads

daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:full service or counter service 2013/08/09 21:04:20 (permalink)
    do you mean take out?if so yes take out is better for the working joe on a 1/2 hr lunch and it needs to be cheap.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10408
    Re:full service or counter service 2013/08/10 03:10:18 (permalink)
    aztlan
    I currently have a full service mexican restaurant but have been tossing the idea of changing my service structure.  Dinners are great but lunch has been very slow.  I feel that customers want a faster lunch because of time constraints.  My idea was changing lunch to counter service and keeping dinner at full service.  This way I can accommodate the lunch crowd as well.  I will have a hostess all day directing customers so that there wont be any confusion.  
    My question is how many people prefer a counter service lunch rather than a full service lunch?

Are you using SOCIAL MEDIA?
    Do a Limited item Lunch menu and put it on Facebook, Twitter etc.
    Rotate several items on the menu but only do things you can do quickly. Publish the Daily Specials on Social Media.
    If you can do it, give an "In & Out in 30 Minutes' Guarantee.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1