great local seafood

Author
marky
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 104
2006/08/01 10:26:54 (permalink)

great local seafood

flying into logan august 25 and going to kittery maine. any local clam or lobster shacks close to the airport or on the drive up

3 Replies Related Threads

Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: great local seafood 2006/08/02 07:36:35 (permalink)
    Yes there are a few you might want to try, In Revere there is always the original Kelly's on the beach although a chain the fried clams are alright they also have lobster rolls, no seating and watch out for the flying rats. The Mt. Vernon Rest in Revere sit down dinning, twin lobster special and other fare, both the above are within 5 or 6 miles from Logan. Rt.1 in Peabody The Sea Witch Rest, nice spot I always got a fairly good meal there twin lobster for $16.95. The Hungry Traveler in Salisbury also very good, downtown Newburyport one of my favorites is the Starbord Galley right on the water and just a great spot to stop overall. There are many fine restaraunts in Newberyport also a week long festival in progress as I type. Moving further North, Newicks in the Portsmouth N.H. area. All the above are on your destination route and not 15 or 20 miles away. If you need further detailed directions feel free to e-mail me. Chow Jim
    Raquella
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: great local seafood 2006/08/04 11:48:38 (permalink)
    If you head toward Revere, my preference is Santorini's on Revere Beach Blvd. for fried clams, broiled haddock or fish & chips. It's an unassuming, less frantic, clean place with a great view, seating inside and outside. Homemade deserts.

Directions from Logan Airport: take 1A to Revere to Bell Circle. Stay to the right and take 2nd right to Revere Beach.
    ctrueder
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 104
    RE: great local seafood 2006/08/04 13:24:09 (permalink)
    The missus and I were in that area in early May, and the trip (adventure) was delightful. I snapped the following photo of a Weathervane restaurant where we dined in Plymouth, Massachusetts:

http://www.roadfood.com/Insider/photos/1097.jpg

Weathervane's "home office" is in Kittery. Although we didn't eat at the one in Kittery, it would likely be even BETTER than the one in Plymouth . . . which was OUTSTANDING!

Great selection of seafood, obviously prepared by real seafood EXPERTS!

We noted that a lot of "locals" seemed to be eating there, which is usually a good sign.

Their prices were reasonable and their beer was COLD!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1