The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

help- corn casserole-anyone out there?

californyguy

• Total Posts: 513
help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Sun, 07/24/11 11:48 AM (permalink)
please help- am making  corn casserole for church lunch today- I tripeled the recipe,original called for 30 minutes baking...how much should I increase the baking time...thanks roadfooders!! 

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
    Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Sun, 07/24/11 12:47 PM (permalink)
    Don't sweat it.  Cook it until the top is lightly browned.  Test the temperature inside with something like a wood skewer to make sure that it was heated all the way through.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
      Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Sun, 07/24/11 2:32 PM (permalink)
      The only reason it would take long to cook, is the casserole is deeper (thicker).  It will take more time for the center to come to temperature.     ... I cook by smell.  When the food starts smelling good and my mouth is watering to taste; I know it is done.   Check temp, to insure it is done.

californyguy

Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Sun, 07/24/11 6:06 PM (permalink)
        tHANKS .. ENDED UP COOKING IT AT 375 FOR ABOUIT 50 MINUTES INSTEAD OF THE THIRTY- THEN IT WAS IN A WARMING OVEN AT 250 FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS..PERFECTO- DEEP RICH DARK BROWN AND CRUSTY..V GOOD!! 

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
          Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Tue, 07/26/11 10:15 PM (permalink)
          Sooo, are you going to give us the recipe for the corn casserole?

californyguy

Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Tue, 07/26/11 10:59 PM (permalink)
            okee doke here ya go   3 boxesjiffy cornbread, 6 egss, 2/14 stick butter,11/2 cups chopped onion , 3 cans corn , 3cans creamed corn, 2 jars pimento , 2can diced chile, 2 pounds shredded cheese cheddar jack combo
            melt butter..empty mix in bowl and add butter.beat eggs in seperate bowland add everything else except save a good amount of cheese for topping.pour into greased pan and cook at 375 for 50 minutes,then cover with foil and put ijn oven at 250 for about 2 hours...don't know how it worked so well, but it did!! 

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9552
              Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Wed, 07/27/11 12:52 AM (permalink)
              I assume the recipe is the tripled amounts???

californyguy

Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Wed, 07/27/11 2:33 AM (permalink)
                yes..these are the 3 x amounts..now have been thinking how to get it back to the original which served ten and  what about the baking times then? also have talked to a pal who was a sous chef once in fancy places  and he said it is important that I cooked the thirty version in a stainless steel hotel pan- may be different in a standard 9/13 pyrex...

jajarino68

• Total Posts: 152
                  Re:help- corn casserole-anyone out there? Wed, 07/27/11 8:23 AM (permalink)
                  Is corn casserole similar to corn pudding? The ingredients almost match except when my wife makes corn pudding, she adds cream cheese. No onion, pimento, or chiles though.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com