home rotisserie

Author
artchick
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2004/03/20 00:02:25 (permalink)

home rotisserie

Someone just gave me a big, beautiful Ronco Showtime rotisserie.

I've cooked one chicken in it so far.

I am looking for tips and recipes. The first time I stuffed it with rosemary and a lemon and slipped lots of garlic under the skin.

Any ideas?

1 Reply Related Threads

howard8
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 355
    RE: home rotisserie 2004/03/23 15:00:16 (permalink)
    artchick:
    I have been using my ronco off and on for a few years. I don't usually use a recipe for rotisserie-ing, since I usually like a simple rub or seasoning. I use S&P, a chicken seasoning mix, sometimes a rub of soy or kitchen bouquet, paprika, or whatever sort of hits my fancy at the time. I did a duck the other day after marinating in soy and honey. The duck came out perfectly cooked but the skin was turning dark due to the honey. So if you use any sugar in marinades watch for a burning on the outside.
    I have done chickens, cornish hens, pheasant, duck , beef and pork roasts. All turned out acceptable.
    I use an electronic instant read thermometer and take a reading when I feel it is close to being cooked to the way I like.
    I don't like the idea of being unable to control the temperature setting which is fixed.
    I do like the convenience and the clean up is quick, and the finished product is usually good, if not great.
    Have fun with that Ronco and remember "Set it and ..." I can't remember the rest of the quote.

edited by Howard
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1