homemade flavored ice cream without the work

Author
tartlett
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 20
2005/10/12 22:41:35 (permalink)

homemade flavored ice cream without the work

to make the fancy creams that you pay big bucks for ,,I came up with my own concoctions.I always start with a 1/2 gallon of any brand vanilla as my base.then as follows,for pumpkin spice Ice cream mix in 1 151/2 oz can pumpkin pie filling ,1 can sweet and condensed milk,1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. real cinnamon oil (you have to ask at the pharmacy,they keep it back there)mix all up with softened vanilla ice cream and refreeze.you will have them coming back for seconds. And for STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICECREAM all you do is start with another 1/2 gallon softened vanilla , and add 2 small boxes jello instant cheesecake pudding mix and 1/2 cup strawberries mashed plus1 can sweet and condensed milk. You can almost make any flavor you want.

4 Replies Related Threads

Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work 2005/10/12 22:50:42 (permalink)
    Oh man, why did you have to post that pumpkin ice cream recipe? I'm dieting! LOL I think I'll make some for Thanksgiving. There's no such thing as a diet on Thanksgiving after all!
    Rick F.
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1736
    RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work 2005/10/12 22:57:53 (permalink)
    Ditto! I had cinnamon ice cream once and have looked for it ever since.
    BigGlenn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 461
    RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work 2005/10/13 00:28:02 (permalink)
    This thread is called

"Homeade Flavored Ice cream Without The Work..."

Huh?

See Below

Big Glenn

quote:
    Originally posted by tartlett

to make the fancy creams that you pay big bucks for ,,I came up with my own concoctions.I always start with a 1/2 gallon of any brand vanilla as my base.then as follows,for pumpkin spice Ice cream mix in 1 151/2 oz can pumpkin pie filling ,1 can sweet and condensed milk,1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. real cinnamon oil (you have to ask at the pharmacy,they keep it back there)mix all up with softened vanilla ice cream and refreeze.you will have them coming back for seconds. And for STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICECREAM all you do is start with another 1/2 gallon softened vanilla , and add 2 small boxes jello instant cheesecake pudding mix and 1/2 cup strawberries mashed plus1 can sweet and condensed milk. You can almost make any flavor you want.
    Minns
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work 2005/11/30 16:23:14 (permalink)
    Sounds great, Tartlett... I love tricks like those. For pumpkin ice cream especially... YUM.

I've used a similar recipe for ice cream pie: mix half a pint of ice cream with whipped cream and a packet of Kool-Aid. (Who knew?) Pour into crust and freeze, and voila! I've made Pink Lemonade ice cream pie and a Lime pie... Very refreshing in the summer, and no one can guess that it's Kool-Aid. ;)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1