The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

homemade flavored ice cream without the work

tartlett

• Total Posts: 20
homemade flavored ice cream without the work Wed, 10/12/05 10:41 PM (permalink)
to make the fancy creams that you pay big bucks for ,,I came up with my own concoctions.I always start with a 1/2 gallon of any brand vanilla as my base.then as follows,for pumpkin spice Ice cream mix in 1 151/2 oz can pumpkin pie filling ,1 can sweet and condensed milk,1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. real cinnamon oil (you have to ask at the pharmacy,they keep it back there)mix all up with softened vanilla ice cream and refreeze.you will have them coming back for seconds. And for STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICECREAM all you do is start with another 1/2 gallon softened vanilla , and add 2 small boxes jello instant cheesecake pudding mix and 1/2 cup strawberries mashed plus1 can sweet and condensed milk. You can almost make any flavor you want.

Rapunzll

• Total Posts: 314
    RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work Wed, 10/12/05 10:50 PM (permalink)
    Oh man, why did you have to post that pumpkin ice cream recipe? I'm dieting! LOL I think I'll make some for Thanksgiving. There's no such thing as a diet on Thanksgiving after all!

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
      RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work Wed, 10/12/05 10:57 PM (permalink)
      Ditto! I had cinnamon ice cream once and have looked for it ever since.

BigGlenn

RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work Thu, 10/13/05 12:28 AM (permalink)
        This thread is called

"Homeade Flavored Ice cream Without The Work..."

Huh?

See Below

Big Glenn

quote:
        Originally posted by tartlett

to make the fancy creams that you pay big bucks for ,,I came up with my own concoctions.I always start with a 1/2 gallon of any brand vanilla as my base.then as follows,for pumpkin spice Ice cream mix in 1 151/2 oz can pumpkin pie filling ,1 can sweet and condensed milk,1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. real cinnamon oil (you have to ask at the pharmacy,they keep it back there)mix all up with softened vanilla ice cream and refreeze.you will have them coming back for seconds. And for STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICECREAM all you do is start with another 1/2 gallon softened vanilla , and add 2 small boxes jello instant cheesecake pudding mix and 1/2 cup strawberries mashed plus1 can sweet and condensed milk. You can almost make any flavor you want.

Minns

• Total Posts: 8
          RE: homemade flavored ice cream without the work Wed, 11/30/05 4:23 PM (permalink)
          Sounds great, Tartlett... I love tricks like those. For pumpkin ice cream especially... YUM.

I've used a similar recipe for ice cream pie: mix half a pint of ice cream with whipped cream and a packet of Kool-Aid. (Who knew?) Pour into crust and freeze, and voila! I've made Pink Lemonade ice cream pie and a Lime pie... Very refreshing in the summer, and no one can guess that it's Kool-Aid. ;)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com