hot dog cart manufacturer

Author
djtomatoe
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
  • Location: santa cruz, calif
  • Status: offline
2005/09/18 18:03:50 (permalink)

hot dog cart manufacturer

any feed back about this cart company
ALL AMERICAN HOT DOG CART COMPANY?

or any suggeations on a good company to contact for hd carts-trailers and stand in trailers?
#1

15 Replies Related Threads

    jojobeans
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    • Joined: 2005/04/06 14:52:00
    • Location: New Port Richey, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/10/30 23:34:58 (permalink)
    Have you ever sold hot dogs before? Before even looking at doing this you should look into "Can you do it in your area"? In Fl. it is very hard to get a location to stand at every day, it’s just not allowed! You have to find events that are over 6,000 people and the coordinators don’t charge you an arm and leg or percentage! Never pay percentages if you can help it!!! Call Joel at http://www.americandreamvendingcarts.com. He will talk to you and give you advice. His carts are top of the line and the best price I have found anywhere in the US. I know this first hand, I have the Hummer
    #2
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
    • Location: santa cruz, calif
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/10/30 23:43:42 (permalink)
    thanks jojo.....
    i have been talking to the health dept peeps and as far as that end of this,,,,it's lookin good
    so now it is trying to decide the cart.
    what is your opinion of ALL AMERICAN CART CO"
    i have talked to joel, he is a good guy and VERY helpful and he lived here in the same city as i am now, portland oregon.
    and will from worlds best.
    alsop been looking at cart from precision carts.
    just trying to get the right cart at the best price
    #3
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
    • Location: santa cruz, calif
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/10/30 23:46:55 (permalink)

    i talked to joel about the hummer,,,,seems to be a well equipped cart and the one he suggested. tell me what you think of the hummer....pros/cons.
    i was also looking at the A101...any thouths on this one.....why did you decide on the hummer?
    #4
    jojobeans
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    • Joined: 2005/04/06 14:52:00
    • Location: New Port Richey, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/10/31 23:41:49 (permalink)
    I took the hummer because it is a production cart and still small enough to do back yard parties. The 101 to me does not warrant the extra cost unless you are working very big events with 2 or 3 people. I just don’t see the value in the 101. You do however get a 5th compartment for more things like chili and cheese if you want to do that. But at big events you would be filling it ever half hour. I have a real small generator that I can run a pair of crock pots and a few fans. Honda makes a good one that’s real small and so quite you don’t even hear it.
    If you call him again please tell him Bob Egbert sent you? I get a free hot dog. LOL
    #5
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
    • Location: santa cruz, calif
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/10/31 23:52:27 (permalink)
    thanks for the input.
    i will probebly end up witht the hummer.

    also been looking at the dogger2 from american hot dog cart .

    the next issue is getting inspected, and the health dept is being a bit sticky. they want cart to be nsf certified here in oregon. have my work cut out.
    i want to be sure to pruchase a cart that will pass the inspectors.
    #6
    jojobeans
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    • Joined: 2005/04/06 14:52:00
    • Location: New Port Richey, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/11/02 15:02:24 (permalink)
    The Hummer is NSF. All you need is a lay out drawing and the health Department should come right to you for the inspection. Here in Florida they do a spot check every month to see if you are handling food correctly. You may not even notice them but be aware they do check! The county here also comes around and looks at who is where and if where you are in an area zoned for what you do. Big fine if you are set up where the zoning doesn’t allow it! Even with permission of the property owner! I’m not happy with the Florida government because they are to nit picky! You would think they would be happy to get there 7% tax! Be aware you will more then likely need to use a commissary. I was lucky because Joel is a certified kitchen and for $180.00 a year we use his commissary and he got the cart inspected by Florida and helped with all the requirements for here. You would be better off in the long run if you went through someone local to you that could sell you a cart and help with the law. Joel even delivers your dogs and supplies to your business here, nice set up.
    quote:
    Originally posted by djtomatoe

    thanks for the input.
    i will probebly end up witht the hummer.

    also been looking at the dogger2 from american hot dog cart .

    the next issue is getting inspected, and the health dept is being a bit sticky. they want cart to be nsf certified here in oregon. have my work cut out.
    i want to be sure to pruchase a cart that will pass the inspectors.
    #7
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
    • Location: santa cruz, calif
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/11/02 16:07:57 (permalink)
    i talked to 'WILL" at worlds best hd carts, he says he is the manufacturer, in canada, and that at this time the hummer is NOT nsf, but will be soon.

    i have also talked to joel, and he seems to be areally good guy[he lived here in portland]
    he mentioned about him being a commisary for people. nice !
    joel is, according to will, a distributor for his hummer.

    been looking locally,,,,nothing yet.
    #8
    djtomatoe
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    • Joined: 2005/09/13 20:03:00
    • Location: santa cruz, calif
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/11/02 18:32:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jojobeans

    The Hummer is NSF. All you need is a lay out drawing and the health Department should come right to you for the inspection. Here in Florida they do a spot check every month to see if you are handling food correctly. You may not even notice them but be aware they do check! The county here also comes around and looks at who is where and if where you are in an area zoned for what you do. Big fine if you are set up where the zoning doesn’t allow it! Even with permission of the property owner! I’m not happy with the Florida government because they are to nit picky! You would think they would be happy to get there 7% tax! Be aware you will more then likely need to use a commissary. I was lucky because Joel is a certified kitchen and for $180.00 a year we use his commissary and he got the cart inspected by Florida and helped with all the requirements for here. You would be better off in the long run if you went through someone local to you that could sell you a cart and help with the law. Joel even delivers your dogs and supplies to your business here, nice set up.
    quote:
    Originally posted by djtomatoe

    thanks for the input.
    i will probebly end up witht the hummer.

    also been looking at the dogger2 from american hot dog cart .

    the next issue is getting inspected, and the health dept is being a bit sticky. they want cart to be nsf certified here in oregon. have my work cut out.
    i want to be sure to pruchase a cart that will pass the inspectors.



    hey jo jo...
    as suggested, i went to craigs list after reading your suggestion,,,,and guess what........i just bought a cart!!!!!
    a creative mobile systems cart model 325 for 3 grand fully loaded in great condition.
    this was the first cart i was looking at about a month ago, and the problem at that time was the base price of $5350 and then $1000 shipping, which was way too much for me. but this cart i just got, at that price is well woth it.
    2 propane tanks, s/s steam table cover and a custom waterproof cover.
    so the first major step is out of the way. it has been previously registered in my county, so that will make things easier....yahoooooo
    #9
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3308
    • Joined: 2003/09/10 16:13:00
    • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/11/02 18:46:19 (permalink)
    Good for you! The 325 was one of three carts I selected for my business. Unfortunately, our local health department wouldn't approve it because it lacked the specific water capacity required by Wisconsin law. I believe you made an excellent choice. The best of luck to you on your new business venture.

    CSD
    #10
    kruz
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 13
    • Joined: 2005/12/08 10:46:00
    • Location: dunnellon, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/13 10:48:33 (permalink)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7571977400
    this is a test
    #11
    Napolean
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Joined: 2002/11/19 21:30:00
    • Location: Northampton, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/22 23:56:43 (permalink)
    Hey djtomatoe -
    I've always been interested in the hot dog cart / lunch cart trade! Good for you & good luck to ya! I was in Vancouver & noticed the carts served up veggie hot dogs too. I thought it was a great idea...my husband's a vegetarian and I'm not, but with a cart like that, we could both eat there. What are you planning on serving?

    #12
    ohman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 262
    • Joined: 2004/06/19 18:54:00
    • Location: Worcester, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/23 09:53:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by djtomatoe

    i talked to 'WILL" at worlds best hd carts, he says he is the manufacturer, in canada, and that at this time the hummer is NOT nsf, but will be soon.

    i have also talked to joel, and he seems to be areally good guy[he lived here in portland]
    he mentioned about him being a commisary for people. nice !
    joel is, according to will, a distributor for his hummer.

    been looking locally,,,,nothing yet.
    #13
    ohman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 262
    • Joined: 2004/06/19 18:54:00
    • Location: Worcester, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/23 10:04:40 (permalink)
    Wil is from http://www.worldsbesthotdogcarts.com/ and he makes the hummer and all of those carts. I went to Canada and picked up my new yorker with grill/griddle and 4 sinks from him. I had to replace all of the plumbing in it because I never could get it to stop leaking. Other than that it is a good cart. I sell dogs and bbq 5 days a week and can tell you to get the biggest cart you can afford, you will never have enough steam pans! It depends on where you are selling but if you have room for a concession trailer buy it and forget the cart, you will not be sorry. I wish I had. I removed the wheels and mounted mine to a small trailer to get some shelter and it is workiing out pretty well so far, not what I wanted but it works.
    #14
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    • Joined: 2005/02/06 12:44:00
    • Location: jacksonville, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/25 11:17:27 (permalink)
    aaahhhh american ingenuity at its finest! I'm not 100% behind the wood blocks however. I'll put on my thinking cap N see what I can come up with, but right off the bat I think some retaining chains for the gate. A local welder could probably make something up rather in-exspensively.
    #15
    ohman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 262
    • Joined: 2004/06/19 18:54:00
    • Location: Worcester, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: hot dog cart manufacturer 2005/12/25 11:21:34 (permalink)
    I dont use the blocks, that was the first day I was sewtting the trailer up. It was just a idea, and to tell you the truth they work great I just dont like the step up so I leave it on the ground. Merry Christmas by the way!
    #16
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1