hot-dog eating competition at Coney Island

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
sandiahead
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: hot-dog eating competition at Coney Island 2008/07/12 00:22:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jmckee

I find the idea of these competitions kind of disgusting in country where one in six children goes to bed hungry each night.

Wow, what a downer.

Also for some fun with math 6 million hungry kids = 12 million parents not doing their job.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10329
RE: hot-dog eating competition at Coney Island 2008/07/12 00:33:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by sandiahead

I find the idea of these competitions kind of disgusting in country where one in six children goes to bed hungry each night.

Wow, what a downer.

Also for some fun with math 6 million hungry kids = 12 million parents not doing their job.
[/quot

Your math is flawed. In reality 6 million kids probably don't have 12 million parents on hand to care for them. Most of them are from single parent households where the father has skipped. They're on welfare and food stamps which the single parent squanders. Maybe both parents skipped, on drugs or are in jail and Grandmama is taking care of them. The problem is not hungry kids, the problem is a breakdown in the family structure of our culture and welfare society.
sandiahead
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: hot-dog eating competition at Coney Island 2008/07/12 00:57:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:
Originally posted by sandiahead

quote:

Wow, what a downer.

Your math is flawed. In reality 6 million kids probably don't have 12 million parents on hand to care for them. Most of them are from single parent households where the father has skipped. They're on welfare and food stamps which the single parent squanders. Maybe both parents skipped, on drugs or are in jail and Grandmama is taking care of them. The problem is not hungry kids, the problem is a breakdown in the family structure of our culture and welfare society.
Actually it makes perfect sense. It takes two people to make a child, not one. My point was exactly the same as yours. Regardless of whether or not some idiot ran off or is on drugs he or she still is a mother or father and their failure to support their children as they should've is why there is 6 million hungry kids.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1