indian naan bread source

Author
mayfield74
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/07/28 22:22:42 (permalink)

indian naan bread source

I am looking for a source for Indian Naan Bread or the same type of bread that is used for Gyros. Looking for a commercial source please thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10353
    Re: indian naan bread source 2014/07/29 00:51:22 (permalink)
    I see it in any number of local supermarkets.
    Not that uncommon.
    OzdogsOfPhoenix
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re: indian naan bread source 2014/08/01 13:34:44 (permalink)
    really?

Nan along with poolis and pooris are kinda assumed to be made that day perhaps on the spot. I guess you could freeze nan but forget about the other fry breads. And I guess if you can freeze a bagel you can freeze nan.

i think the move in this situation is to partner with a local indian restaurant for a wholesale deal and you can get some extra juice by co-branding and cross-promoting.

That's one thing I haven't actually done yet, always though about it but most of our carts are large steam trays and we could partner with restaruants to sell curry or whatever.

The incentives for the restauranteur are obvious: wholesaling food out the back door cuts out all the overhead of the dining floor and all it's staff. Plus they can plan ahead and bake your nan ahead of time or work it into the schedule so it's efficient for them.

My wife gets mad at me when I throw advice like this around but we didn't get to where we are without some help.

Know what bums me out? I really wanna serve fallafel but there is absolutely positively no way to do fallafel frozen or even held in a steam tray. Gyro on the other hand we should try. Same deal, do a deal with the local Greek place.
    post edited by OzdogsOfPhoenix - 2014/08/01 13:36:39
    OzdogsOfPhoenix
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re: indian naan bread source 2014/08/29 15:21:13 (permalink)
    Another little thing that might help coming from native America,

have you ever had fry bread? How about blue corn fry bread?

It's a niche but everybody at powwow loves buffalo sausage.

Have you ever had buffalo? I call them yummalo because it's not chicken, it's not beef, it's not venison, it has this kind of blue  flavor and it's lean and packed with protein and it's simply delicious.

I want to point out that to date there is no suck thing as a native american hot dog but now that i think of it, it would be  a yummalo sausage wrapped in blue corn fry bread and I'm not sure it needs condiments, you don't wanna cover up the taste.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1