Hot!is little caesar's still out there?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/07/25 20:09:21 (permalink)
My community ran them out of business in less than eight months. HORRIBLE pizza. No wonder they offered 2-4-1 deals. The last time I went (a long time ago), I actually had to show the DM how to make my pizza. THAT pizza, was good...

Rt66Mike
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 155
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/03 22:37:05 (permalink)
Little Ceasars had great pizza, when they largely pulled out of the St. Louis area several years ago. The Square Pizza! Pizzas! were a staple of my teenage diet. When they pulled out, you could still get it at the few remaining area K-Marts, but it just wasn't the same.

About three years ago, they opened a new Little Ceasar's in O'Fallon, MO, and it is the only one in the St. Louis area that I know of since the chain largely folded in around '94, and the pizza is not the same. I ordered food from them soon afer they opened, and was very excited when they opened the new store, as it was in delivery range from where I was living at the time. I was very disappointed, it wasn't anything like the Little Ceasar's that I remembered. The cheeze was gluey, the sauce was funky, and I didn't bother with again.

Recently, though, where I am now living in Bowling Green, MO (Northeast part of the state), there was a portable wagon selling them at the local grocery store, I picked one up, and it was exactly as I remembered.

I have seen the Little Ceasar's Pizza Wagon in several small towns around the area, and there is always a line whenever its in town.
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/11 10:50:13 (permalink)
I think the quality has deteriorated since the late 80's. That was a family staple on saturday nights (not ALL Saturdays, just sometimes) and at parties (pizza pizza). And we ate it up. And we had real pizzarias which were better too, but it was a great party food.
I had it recently (a party of course) and it was TERRIBLE. Just not the same as it was.

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually choose pizza hut, little caesars, papa johns, etc. over their local pizzaria to save a dollar or two. But most people do it, and that's why the chains are the most popular...sad as it is.

kidlightning
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/19 23:23:33 (permalink)

for anyone who is still interested, i got my hands on some crazy bread this week. It was actually better than i remembered it to be. The pizza was still pretty mediocre, but the crazy bread more than made up for it. I still have some in my refrigerator.
fablerox
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/24 12:34:56 (permalink)
As I recall, the box tasted better than their crust.

I remember their ads saying they gave you a free pizza when you bought one. Double punishment.
slackademic
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/24 13:03:02 (permalink)
Unfortunately, they are still just about everywhere with more than 5,000 people. My girlfriend grew up eating Little Caesar's and swears it is the best pizza she's ever had. I have taken her to the best pizza places I know of and she still prefer's it. Because of her, wherever we are, we have to find a Little Caesars. From this painful experience, I know that they are still going strong in CA, TX, and IL. They just won't go away and will continue to serve that awful crap they claim is pizza.
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2413
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/24 13:26:11 (permalink)
All of the ones in Gainesville closed but when visiting in Crystal River I saw some poor souls standing out on the sidewalk with their "sandwich" sign on advertising for them.
boojig1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/08/29 04:24:21 (permalink)
This has been driving me mad, back in like '93 or so little caesar's had this massive pizza and I cant recall what the name was. I know Pizza hutt's answer was the bigfoot but I cant for the life of me recall what the name of caesar's was. Help would be appreciated.
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 755
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/02 22:38:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by boojig1

This has been driving me mad, back in like '93 or so little caesar's had this massive pizza and I cant recall what the name was. I know Pizza hutt's answer was the bigfoot but I cant for the life of me recall what the name of caesar's was. Help would be appreciated.

I think it was called The Big Piece of Crap. Or the Colossal.
Rev.Bucky
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/03 03:40:04 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Route 11

quote:
Originally posted by boojig1

I think it was called The Big Piece of Crap. Or the Colossal.

I think you're wrong, I think it was the Colossal Piece of Crap!!

They have a deal now where for five dollars you can carryout a cheese or pepperoni. It's edible when hot, but after two days in the fridge, I tried to eat a slice, and GAG, crunch, Gag, Gag, TOSS IT!! My Mom, who jokingly calls herself a garbage can. She really can eat stuff there is no way I would, due to age (the food, not her or my age,lol). She said throw it away, one of the first times I've ever heard her say that!!

Pizza starts with a crust, if thats bad, there's nowhere to go. Little Ceasars is nowhere to go! Freschetta is bettah!! And when a frozen pie beats a pizzeria, YIKES!!!
stormycat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 102
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/03 07:14:28 (permalink)
We still have LC here in Lexington, KY and as of ~1 year ago there were still two in the Chicago area...Naperville and Woodridge.
johno
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/05 14:23:54 (permalink)
As far as I know (I'm pretty sure), the Little Caesars that are in KMarts are not real Little Caesars any more. Little Caesars wanted out of that contract, and KMart wanted to keep them, so KMart "licensed" the name for some period. The Little Caesars in KMarts are now "run" and supplied totally separately from actual Little Caesars stores.

BarbC793
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/06 15:58:09 (permalink)
They are now part of school fund raisers - along with summer sausage and cheese logs. They have "kits" with the ingredients. I can't vouch for the quality - I couldn't be talked into buying one!
Sandy Eggo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/11 23:41:09 (permalink)
Little Caesar, Kmart, we are talking road food. Blue light special! 5 Pizza's for a buck on aisle 3.
aah04
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/14 15:29:47 (permalink)
I actually think that a Little Caesar's pizza, IF it's hot and fresh, is one of the best of the national chains. If it's been sitting under a heat lamp, it's worse than the worst frozen brand out there. And it doesn't reheat well at all.

That makes their $5 ready to pick up deal a real crapshoot. If you go during a busy period, you can generally get a fresh one, but there are no guarantees. Don't bother going during an off hour because you'll get something that's been sitting under a heat lamp and not even worth the 5 bucks. And they get really snippy now if you try to place a traditional order for a large pepperoni or cheese instead of taking one of their ready to go ones. I tried it once, late on a Tuesday night when I knew there was little chance I'd get a fresh one if I just walked in. I was informed, with some attitude, that if I wanted a large pepperoni I should come take one of the already baked ones. No thanks.
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/16 09:42:40 (permalink)
My husband brought home a Little Caesar's Supreme pizza last night because we were both too exhausted to cook and didn't want to go out. With our limited pizza places here, it was the best value because it was $5.00 cheaper than what the Papa John's had. It was edible.

Andrea
Burger Bob
Junior Burger
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 14:43:01 (permalink)
Little Ceasers has $5 pizza's full large pizza with pepperoni just $5, only thing is. It taste like it is only worth $2. The owner of Little Ceasers, Mike Illitch owns the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Redwings. Detroit is pizza capital of the world. Little Ceasers is the parent company of Chuck E Cheese also.
porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2216
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 15:34:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Burger Bob

Detroit is pizza capital of the world.

Based on the fact that they have more Little Caesars than anywhere else??
Burger Bob
Junior Burger
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 17:32:59 (permalink)
No based on the fact we are home to Domino's, Hungry Howies and Little Ceasers. All 3 are national powerhouses
quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:

Detroit is pizza capital of the world.

Based on the fact that they have more Little Caesars than anywhere else??
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 17:50:36 (permalink)
Burger,
As most of the country hasn't seen a Hungry Howie's much less the far better Cottage Inn from A squared or Buddys or Jets it's hard to call HH's a national chain.

And once you get outside HockeyTown you'll find the pizza offerings from other areas (CT, NY & Chicago) far outclass the mediocre offerings from the Monihan & Illitch chains.

Now if you're talking Koegel viennas or Kowalski Stadium Kilebasas or Paczki's you're talking my language but the pizza offerings (outside of Cottage Inn) in Michigan in general suck.
Burger Bob
Junior Burger
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 18:23:21 (permalink)
Sausage Dude, Hungry Howies is #10 national, and are in all 48 states, do your research before you babble goobrish gobe
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

Burger,
As most of the country hasn't seen a Hungry Howie's much less the far better Cottage Inn from A squared or Buddys or Jets it's hard to call HH's a national chain.

And once you get outside HockeyTown you'll find the pizza offerings from other areas (CT, NY & Chicago) far outclass the mediocre offerings from the Monihan & Illitch chains.

Now if you're talking Koegel viennas or Kowalski Stadium Kilebasas or Paczki's you're talking my language but the pizza offerings (outside of Cottage Inn) in Michigan in general suck.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 19:20:57 (permalink)
Burger Dude,
I guess you better do your research. As one who has a son working in the Bloomfield Hills Howies and in my travels across the country each week, I'll attest to the fact that HH's are not even close to being in all 48 states.

In fact, here's a link to an industry site Pizzatoday article of Sept 2005 that states that they have 485 stores in 15 states (second paragraph down) http://pizzatoday.com/features_articles.shtml?article=MjUwMHN1cGVyMjQ5N3NlY3JldDI1MDQ=
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18343
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 22:10:40 (permalink)
quote:

Sausage Dude, Hungry Howies is #10 national, and are in all 48 states, do your research before you babble goobrish gobe.

And here I thought a culinary arts honors grad of the CIA would know something about tomato pies. I'll bet you didn't even know that the CIA originally was located near Sally's and Frank Pepe's. You are, of course, familiar with those esteemed purveyors of apizza.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/17 23:30:49 (permalink)
quote:

Sausage Dude, Hungry Howies is #10 national, and are in all 48 states, do your research before you babble goobrish gobe.
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

Burger,

Speaking of babbling, Hungry Howie's is in 16 of the states. By the way, there are 50 states now, not 48. It's been that way for a while now.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/18 13:03:57 (permalink)
What a shame. Now I'm never going to get a chance to learn about real tomato pies and American geography from an honors graduate of the Culinary Institute of America.
dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/18 15:21:38 (permalink)
quote:

Little Ceasers has $5 pizza's full large pizza with pepperoni just $5, only thing is. It taste like it is only worth $2. The owner of Little Ceasers, Mike Illitch owns the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Redwings. Detroit is pizza capital of the world. Little Ceasers is the parent company of Chuck E Cheese also.Little Ceasers has $5 pizza's full large pizza with pepperoni just $5, only thing is. It taste like it is only worth $2. The owner of Little Ceasers, Mike Illitch owns the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Redwings. Detroit is pizza capital of the world. Little Ceasers is the parent company of Chuck E Cheese also.
this is something to brag about?? a plethora of barely palitable chain pizza shops? Perhaps if BB would quantify his statements with IMHO he wouldn't come off so obnoxiously but then he IS an HONOR grad of cia which IMHO is to being a chef as a CNA is to an M.D.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/18 18:27:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dreamzpainter

quote:

Little Ceasers has $5 pizza's full large pizza with pepperoni just $5, only thing is. It taste like it is only worth $2. The owner of Little Ceasers, Mike Illitch owns the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Redwings. Detroit is pizza capital of the world. Little Ceasers is the parent company of Chuck E Cheese also.Little Ceasers has $5 pizza's full large pizza with pepperoni just $5, only thing is. It taste like it is only worth $2. The owner of Little Ceasers, Mike Illitch owns the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Redwings. Detroit is pizza capital of the world. Little Ceasers is the parent company of Chuck E Cheese also.
this is something to brag about?? a plethora of barely palitable chain pizza shops? Perhaps if BB would quantify his statements with IMHO he wouldn't come off so obnoxiously but then he IS an HONOR grad of cia which IMHO is to being a chef as a CNA is to an M.D.

The chef stuff aside. I'll gladly take a CNA over an MD. In fact, that's what you'll normally get in the best ORs. The anesthesiologist supervises.
dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/19 02:08:33 (permalink)
CNA..certified nurses aid..
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/19 10:31:09 (permalink)
Whoops! I thought you were talking about CNA, Certified Nurse Anesthetist, even though it's really CRNA, or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.

So, were you actually expecting me to be paying attention?
Sandy Eggo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/09/19 20:52:30 (permalink)
My mother (the thrifty person she is) used to buy their pizza on the special night. The place near her closed for business. They are apparently losing traction here in San Diego because therer are only 10 LC's franchises in the entire county. Maybe people are eating more burritos? I have boticed that Kmart has Little Ceasars inside their stores.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1