Hot!is little caesar's still out there?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Kaileen
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 61
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/10/24 22:17:48 (permalink)
A Little Sneezers just reopened here in our sleepy little hamlet. All they have are the $5 always ready pizzas and crazy bread.

Husband says they aren't too bad. The night they got LC's, I got Captain D's. It's not Long John Silvers, but it will have to do. For a cheap pizza, I'll take Domino's or Mazzio's anyday. At least Domino's has good cinnamon bread...
konet
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/10/27 11:42:29 (permalink)
There are a handful of Little Ceasar's in Las Vegas. Most of the ones in the K-Marts here shut down about a year ago with the K-Mart restructuring, but all the others are still around. In fact, some of them are new.
PizzaGrl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/11 14:25:00 (permalink)
I've worked at LC since 94 - that big pizza you compared to the Hut's Bigfoot was called "Pizza by the Foot" - it was basically two deep dish square pizza pushed together in a long box.

It's been very interesting seeing all the comments on LC poor quality. The biggest problem I have had is with the quality of the toppings. There's nothing I can do to change that so I have just found what toppings I like best and stick with those. LC seems to switch its pepperoni brands around, I'm not sure why. Sometimes the pepperoni is very meaty and turns out quite nicely, other times it is very fatty and you end up with alot of grease in your cheese, making the pizza look, smell, and sometimes even taste, gross. I wouldn't go as far as to say the crust is equivalent to a pizza box, but it isn't quite fluffy either. I would say the closest other chain pizza crust to LC is Papa Johns.

Our local LC has specialty BBQ Meatsa and a Buffalo Chicken pizzas that are pretty good - like, I would purchase them even though I can eat free while working. I would also buy wings, a Hot 'n Ready Cheese pizza, Cheesebread, or Crazy Bread. That's about all I would spend my money on there - everything else I just don't care for. Like I said, the toppings are pretty mediocre. The cheese is real, I can vouch for that - it's a mixture of Muenster and Mozzarella. We receive them in big blocks and shred it in the store ourselves. Since it is fresh cheese, it tends to bubble a bit more than other chains and some people mistake that for bad quality - when really it's not.

I also agree the sauce is bland. I'm going to talk to our store manager about trying some pizzas with the crew that have more spices in the sauce and compare with the regular sauced pizzas to see if we can add more spice to the sauce. Not that this will help most of you all out there - as it would only affect this local store if it is decided to change. Just know your opinions do count and I'm glad I came across this.
karengs
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/12 11:44:52 (permalink)
We started eating at LC's when we lived in CA. My kids and I loved it. When we moved to TX, the only one we found was in a KMart which later closed down. However, in the past 6 months, TWO independant shops have opened near me. Maybe they are making a comeback!
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/12 15:19:10 (permalink)
PizzaGrl, thank you for the inside look at a LC store. I see why I've never been a fan. As far as why they keep changing the pepperoni around, it's most likely a bottom line bean counter move as the price amongst manufacturers fluctuates.
Paubaby
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/15 18:30:20 (permalink)
Arizona has them... My fiance used to work at one three years ago (temporary gig) in SoCal... I swear I have always disliked Little Caesar's pizza (at least since they took away the square pizza years ago), but when he worked there he knew exactly how I liked my pizza and cheesy bread and would make it perfect and it would taste wonderful... he also didn't follow their exact protocol when he would make it to bring home (he'd put the dough in with the sauce, cook it a little, take it out, add a little more sauce and seasoning, add the cheese, cook a little, then pull out and add toppings and cook again)... I've tried it a couple times since he moved on from working there and it is NOT by any means up to par, but my 5 year old loves it and it's a cheap quick meal if he just wants a snack... I guess it's all in WHO makes it!
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1962
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/16 09:49:16 (permalink)
Ours changed the name to just plain "Ceasars" a few years ago. No more 2 for 1. It is not that great, but it is in a good location next to the Big Y supermarket, so my wife brings home a pie now and then. I have mentioned to her that the Big Y pizza is better, but it is certainly not worth fighting about.

The comments in this thread would bother me if I owned a LC franchise. The whole idea of a franchise is the system and the uniform product. For better or worse, all LC pizza should taste the same. A manager who wants to do it his own way should quit and open an independent shop. I have not been to them all, but every independent shop around here is better than any of the chains with the possible exception of Pappa Ginos.
Leania_1stone
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 208
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/19 20:38:26 (permalink)
My husband and I love little caesar's pizza and for 5 dollars for someone on a tight budget it's a good deal and good pizza. There is only one non chain pizza place in our area and it's way too expensive for us. Great pizza I'm sure but when you have very little money that means nothing.

Papa Johns actually got put out of business here because of terrible pizza I HATE their pizza and Pizza Pro SO nasty and Pizza Hut is far too greasy!

I usually get a cheese pizza with chicken and mushrooms from LC and it's great everytime hot and fresh from the oven.

Crystal
Z66 Butch
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 199
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/11/20 00:24:08 (permalink)
I have had a few good pizzas from LC but a lot of the time they are very skimpy and bland. If we are feeding a lot of folks and on a budget that is the first place that I think of.

Butch

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/03 00:31:59 (permalink)
They still exist, there is one up the street from my mother. It is also right around the corner from the HS I graduated from, they do an ok business. They must, because they have enough money for a kid to stand on a corner w/a sandwich board on him during warmer months (it is currently 19 degrees outside) and advertise their $5 pizzas. My mother & stepfather like them for a quick meal, but I would rather eat bread & water. I don't mind a Rosati's or Mama Mia's pizza, but Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesar's et al are insulting.
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/06 12:27:04 (permalink)
There's LCs all over the place in Richmond. People love their pizzas, but I grew up in Jersey with excellent local pizzerias and fortunately have found a couple of good local ones here so I guess I'll just remain ignorant.
scott_partyguy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/08 08:21:45 (permalink)
I live in Penticton BC, in Canada. We've got a little Caesars up here. They have those $5 Hot and Ready carry out pizzas. They're only available in Pepporoni or Hawiian. I hear that in the states, the hot and ready Hawiian is replaced with a Cheese pizza. Are our cultures really that different? Do we really need a different pizza? I guess there are alot of men down there too tough to eat fruit on a pizza. That's just how I picture it. I don't get out much.
scott_partyguy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/08 08:35:14 (permalink)
After reading a few of these threads I'm real confused. "Pizza by the Foot"? I thought it was called the "Big Big Party" or something like that. Did they really get rid of it in '94? Has it been that long?
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/10 08:57:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by scott_partyguy

Do we really need a different pizza? I guess there are alot of men down there too tough to eat fruit on a pizza.
Being an American I don't have to guess, I know. What there is alot of are men and WOmen who flat don't like pineapple on their pizza, hence they are dropping it in favor of a topping that their research tells them will sell. It's all about pleasing the customer.
jerseygirl127
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 454
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2005/12/11 21:37:23 (permalink)
yes they are.. there is one that's about 10-15 minutes from my house (depending on notre dame traffic). they have the hottest chicken wings of any pizza place i've ever tried and their crazy bread is awesome too. also you can't beat the price $5.00 for ANY one topping large (yes dominos has the 555 deal but that's on mediums).. check out this link -- it will help you find the one nearest you. also - to get a free order of crazy bread go to the kids page link and print out one of the color pages- there's a free coupon on the bottom of each of the pages ( i think they expire 12/05 but they might have more once the new year starts)
the only draw back about little ceasars is that they don't deliver ( at least not in this area) so we have to time our pick up just right when ND is playing home. it's the only pizza we eat during ND football games!!!
good luck and enjoy
~~jerseygirl~~

www.littlecaesars.com

WingLover
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 145
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/10 15:40:57 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by collections4today

They're still around and headquartered in Detroit. Seems like the aren't as many as there were at on time in the Motor City though. Their latest sales gimmick is to offer a large pepperoni & cheese pizza for $5 and it's always ready. No ordering. Just walk in and get yours, although as most have said, I don't know why you would considering the abismal quality.

I have a friend whose family buys the $5 LC pizza's every single week. That is their pizza of choice because it is the cheapest.

I've eaten it more than I'd like. There are certainly better pizza chains out there. LC is near the bottom (if not AT the bottom) on my list.

~Jessica
HollyDolly
  • Total Posts : 1069
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/19 12:23:31 (permalink)
They just recently opened one up here in Schertz on FarmRoad 3009
and they moved the one on Pat Booker in Universal City to Kittyhawk Rd. next to the new H.E.B. Their pizza is alright,but i prefer Papa John's which we also have.
H.E.B. stands for Herman E.Butt,who founded the grocery chain with headquaters in San Antonio,for you folks not from Texas.
Godfather's Pizza is still around,but not here anymore.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/19 17:09:15 (permalink)
Are the Butts big in Schertz?
Billfish
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 397
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/19 18:31:49 (permalink)
As I recall,Herman had a couple of sisters.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/19 20:24:58 (permalink)
Pizza Pizza....
I like their subs better....
shortchef
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/19 21:08:43 (permalink)
If Little Caesar's had been the first pizza I had ever tasted, I would have sworn off pizza forever. If they are still around, good luck. If they are not, rest in peace. The only thing they had going for them is that they were cheap. And they tasted like it. Yuck.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/01/21 21:16:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

Are the Butts big in Schertz?

Tsk Tsk...
LMAO..
stevencarry
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 359
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/02/24 01:52:14 (permalink)
Little Caesars closed many years ago in my city but I remember the only times I went there was when I was funding a kid's party. You could feed dozens of them for $20 and no one complained!
Niagara
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 983
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/02/28 17:17:49 (permalink)
The LC's here in Topeka, KS all closed about 5 years ago. We rarely ate their pizza - it was crappy, even for Topeka.

My daughter and her buddies went to LC's all the time when she was in high schoo, though, because it was close and they could get lunch for about $2.
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/03/21 07:46:15 (permalink)
Well, for those that are looking for a budget pizza, there's more locations comming:

DETROIT -- The Ilitch family's Little Caesar Enterprises Inc. says it plans to add hundreds of pizza outlets around the country, reversing a shrinkage that has reduced the number of stores from 5,000 in the early 1990s to 2,000 today.

The privately held company says it will open outlets in areas that include Georgia, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Washington, D.C.

Rest of the story: http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4659381
baughman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 116
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/04/19 18:50:40 (permalink)
man Little ceasars takes me back. In the 80s they actually made a pretty good pie. Then all closed near me in north west ohio. I moved to Middletown ohio in 92 and there was one there and Lebanon. I took the management position at the one in Lebanon. Part of why they had a hard time keeping up is alot of locations dont deliver or have dine in. All the ones down here are now closed. Wierd to see they still a part of the big 4, When i havent seen one in prob 2 years.
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 879
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/04/20 03:34:56 (permalink)
We have about 10 of them here in Birmingham but for the life of me I don't see how they are still open. We order Papa Johns, they deliver and they have chicken fingers that are pretty good. I hate pizza as I worked my way through college at a joint called Papa Joes, delivery only. I have to admit, we kicked out some great pie! Nothing like a chain, which is why it was so derned good! But now the smell of any pizza is not so hot.
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2006/04/22 00:49:08 (permalink)
The one's I've seen left seem to be in K-Marts, both in southern California, and NJ...... they look pretty sad to me...

good perhaps for an 8 year old kid who does'nt know any better;

Boring , bland pizza.........

HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 665
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2009/04/29 13:18:56 (permalink)
Their Crazy Bread is really good.  The pizza is somewhat bland but it's not bad.  Personally, I like them.
SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: is little caesar's still out there? 2009/04/29 17:07:56 (permalink)
We have three here in the Huntsville area. The grandkids like them so for $5.00 I can go to the drive-thru and get a "Hot and Ready". Not a bad deal.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1