Helpful ReplyHot!is little caesar's still out there?

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
mlm
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 385
Re:is little caesar's still out there? 2014/06/11 11:52:05 (permalink)
Do you suppose the instructions on the container were meant as a joke?
I'm about as culinarily backward as they come, but I think even I would have figured it out. More to the point, for me, would have been 'How to get the  lid off?' Maybe the instructions were for the benefit of those who have to warned that it's dangerous to smoke while gassing up and that football on skis is a bad idea (I understand the Kennedys' were upset that the ski resort had not warned them about that..)" />
WarToad
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1970
Re:is little caesar's still out there? 2014/06/12 08:32:34 (permalink)
THere's a Little Caesar's in the corner of K-Mart near me.  For $5 it's a cheap snack for the kids to split, and they enjoy it.  Better and cheaper than nearly all of the frozen grocery store pizzas.
SeamusD
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1094
Re:is little caesar's still out there? 2014/06/12 14:21:33 (permalink)
I got their $5 Deep Deep Dish combo for lunch the other day, and the deep dish crust is better than the regular. I know it's the same dough, but I think the fact it's a lot thicker helps it out. And the crusty caramelized cheese around the edge helps out also.

♫ ♪Bite bite, sip sip, do the deep deep dish combo mambo! ♪ ♫
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 488
Re:is little caesar's still out there? 2014/06/19 08:50:29 (permalink)
Returned to the same LC's location yesterday for a plain cheese Hot-'n-Ready.  As you can see, it wasn't made with quite the same care as the pepperoni I got a while ago:

Nor was it quite as fresh, but that's a risk with ready-made anything.  Still very satisfactory!  Sausage will come next, because that was what I always got back in the day and I'm curious to see how it's changed (as I'm sure it has).
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 639
Re:is little caesar's still out there? 2014/06/20 01:41:15 (permalink)
Ketteract 

Nor was it quite as fresh, but that's a risk with ready-made anything.  Still very satisfactory!  Sausage will come next, because that was what I always got back in the day and I'm curious to see how it's changed (as I'm sure it has).

For convenience and price, this 5.00 pizza is hard to beat, and for us it's two meals each.  We'll do it every four - six weeks or so.  It's "kids" pizza, bland and mild, but the crust is good and it's a cheesy chew.

My wife is a fanatic for all food to be as hot as it possibly can from the kitchen, so any time we take any pizza home her favorite pieces are in the car.

She will avoid the "old and cold" problem by telling the counter person that she'll just wait for the next hot one.  And she always pays right away, and includes a two buck tip right up front.  They always give her a good one.

Agree with Seamus, we also like the deep dish for the crusty edges and corners.
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 05:45:16 (permalink)
Was feeling down tonight and LC's seemed like a good option.

The Crazy Bread was a little overcooked, but the sauce was surprisingly good - better than anything in those tiny tubs from other chains.  Decent enough that I think they should consider selling it by the quart or something.

This particular location really does seem have decent QA with the pepperoni pizzas.  
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6677
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 11:01:15 (permalink)
Look at that preformed dough...just perfect for a conveyor belt oven...hey any sugar in that sauce...is it real Italian cheese...hell at $5, my mom would say, you get what you pay for!!!!!I'd skip this imatation pizza, and put the $5 in my pocket, and wait 'til I passed a real Pizzaria....and STOP enabling these places......"Pizza. Pizza"....NO,NO!!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9222
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 11:02:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby flyseye 2015/05/18 19:29:55
We like Little Ceasars. Its quick, cheap and better than any frozen pizza out there.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5664
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 11:18:17 (permalink)
I can't remember where I read or heard it, but having the pizza make an extra pass through the oven is a definite improvement for me as I generally like pizza on the well-done side.  If I call the local LC from my office and make a special request it's usually ready within a minute or 2 of my arrival, so it doesn't add any significant extra time.
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 11:38:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ThanksfortheCrepes 2015/05/20 06:49:46
leethebard
Look at that preformed dough...

Actually the dough is made fresh in the store.

leethebard
hey any sugar in that sauce...

Part of why I don't mind LC's from time to time is that their sauce isn't the sugar-bomb that you see at other chains (notably Papa John's).  What was supplied with the Crazy Bread was surprisingly decent - like I said, good enough I think they should consider selling it in larger quantities.

leethebard
is it real Italian cheese...

LC's uses a blend of mozzarella and, oddly, Muenster.  I doubt it's "real Italian cheese" (which honestly isn't a prerequisite for my pizza unless I'm going to a very specific kind of place), but it's definitely different from the other chains.

leethebard
and STOP enabling these places......

I really don't see why chains / fast food and real restaurants can't coexist.  Sometimes I just feel like being cheap, or I irrationally want a specific chain (when I want a Big Mac from McD's, or a Meximelt from Taco Bell, nothing else will do).  
leethebard
Sirloin
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 17:13:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ThanksfortheCrepes 2015/05/20 06:50:31
I understand...chains and "roadfood" can co-exist as far as I'm concerned. I'm just a little protective of my Italian heritage.....and so much fast food pizza is bad, not even close to regular pizza (but hell,even I have eaten a slice of Costco pizza when shopping!)And I too have been mocked here on road food for eating at chains like Bubba Gump, and Cracker Barrel. I guess one person's junk food is another person's "I don't mind it for the price". So yes, fine, live and let live...taste is in the tastebuds of the beholder. Enjoy.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/09 21:42:13 (permalink)
Excuse me subsailer...we don't talk like that here.....so maybe you should read what I said....live and let live....and take your 6 posts and leave!!!!!!!!
flyseye
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 475
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/18 19:34:35 (permalink)
If I could get a five dollar LC pizza from the location near me that looked like the one in Ketteracts post, I would probably get one every so often. Unfortunately I cannot. The pizzas from the LC near me are not even worth five dollars.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9222
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/18 21:14:17 (permalink)
Well, the one we frequent is really busy, so its always really fresh. I, too have bad ones...
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6840
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/19 16:34:24 (permalink)
hmmmmmm bacon wrapped pizza
ThanksfortheCrepes
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: is little caesar's still out there? 2015/05/20 07:18:34 (permalink)
The Little Caesar's in Memphis, TN, where I lived until 1986 was okay for what it was for a while. Then the quality tanked hard, so much so that they all went out of business well before I left Memphis.

We've have one in Cary, NC, where I've lived since, and we used to eat there all the time. It only came in about five years ago. I would always ask if they had any "Hot and Ready" available, and if they did, I would order something else so I could get a fresh pizza. As others have said, IF you are at a decent franchise, AND order it freshly made, it's better than frozen and cheaper than many frozen brands.

What stopped us eating there was the last time we picked up a couple pizzas is that a roach ran out of the second box upon opening it after polishing off the first pizza. (I'll forgo the green gagging icon, because I find it off-putting in a post about food.) The second pizza was fed to our raccoons in the woods, and we haven't been back to Little Caesar's since.

I make my own pizza, currently with King Arthur's Quick Beer Crust recipe. I have even tried to replicate Pepe's white clam pizza from descriptions on this website with results that I and everyone who has eaten it like a lot.

Little Caesar's was quite satisfactory in a pinch for a while, and probably cheaper than I can make it unless my time is worth about a quarter an hour. I just haven't been able to get over the "extra protein" addition, and it's been 2-1/2 years ago.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1
-->