jack's, north adams mass

Author
gremlin
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 15
2006/11/30 19:11:38 (permalink)

jack's, north adams mass

anybody ever been there?

they have burgers for 85 cents, cheeseburgers for 95 cents, and bacon cheeseburgers for $1.05. hot dogs are something like 80 cents. fries and onion rings are about another dollar. all wrapped in greasy wax paper to go, unless you snag one of the 6 seats at the counter. and if you want condiments like ketchup, tell them when you order because there is none to add after it is cooked and wrapped.

we brought our friends from michigan there, and they were in heaven. by far the best burger joint i have ever known. very local and everything is cooked in front of you on a little grill. so it may take 10 or 15 minutes to get your grub, but well worth the wait. they even have a monthly contest, whoever eats the most at one sitting wins a t-shirt. i haven't tried yet, but the tally is usually 10-20 burgers or hotdogs (there's a small college nearby).

stop if you get a chance, it'll be the best $2 you ever spent on a burger and fries.

barrett

3 Replies Related Threads

billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2462
    RE: jack's, north adams mass 2006/12/01 04:12:11 (permalink)
    No, but it reminds me of a great BBQ/burger shack in Yorkville, NY called Voss BBQ. Its reviewed in the BBQ section here. I used to eat there all the time when I was in college. During the summer, the line would get pretty long and one time this guy in front of me turned around and just hemmed and hawed about how long the wait was. I said, "You're new here, aren't you"? It was soooo worth the wait. They don't do any heat lamp/microwave stuff. Its all cooked to order. Mmmmmm good.
    caratzas
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: jack's, north adams mass 2006/12/02 16:45:32 (permalink)
    Jack's rocks. Everything they do is perfect, and unbelievably inexpensive; you walk in for the first time, see the prices and think "what's the catch?" But there's no catch - the burgers are always tasty and the fries are world-class. It's definitely a Roadfood-caliber joint. Whenever I'm in the area, I plan the itinerary around a stop there.

hefried
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: jack's, north adams mass 2006/12/02 23:11:00 (permalink)
    ISN'T jACK'S THE PLACE THAT HAS(HAD??) HOTDOG EATING CONTESTS? i WENT TO nORTH aDAMS sTATE COLLEGE IN THE 80'S AND I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHERE WE WENT TO WATCH THOSE! FUNNY!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1