Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
chittyb
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/02/24 01:47:15 (permalink)

jacksonhole burgers

Jackson Hole Burgers - Home of the 7 oz Burgers
Jackson Hole Restaurants and Catering Services in New York City has been serving up delicious meals and catering to the needs of discerning consumers since 1972. High quality food, sparkling clean restaurants, personalized service and unsurpassed value. Our Restaurant offers famous Bronco Chicken Sandwich, best and biggest 7-oz Burgers, pizza burger, Appetizers, South of the Border, Blue Plate Specials, Baked potatoes, Eggs & Omelettes. We also offer a variety of Burgers, Mexican dishes, Salads, Sandwiches. Visit our Locations (http://www.jacksonholeburgers.com/contactus.asp) & Menus (http://www.jacksonholeburgers.com/menus.asp) pages for directions to a specific location and menus. We'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. We also hope you'll take a few minutes to look around our Web site and learn more about our company and our great restaurants.

JACKSON HOLE Restaurants were voted "Best Burger" in the Time Out New York 1997 Eating and Drinking Awards.

Come on in and join us for a memorable dining experience

Thanks,

Jackson Hole Restaurants
http://www.jacksonholeburgers.com/

40 Replies Related Threads

kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 827
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 17:16:35 (permalink)
    Shameless plug, but you may get me to try your place. Don't let this be your only post.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 17:57:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kozel

Shameless plug, but you may get me to try your place. Don't let this be your only post.

They are quite good...but I agree about the shamelessness of the plug!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13481
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 18:09:35 (permalink)
    The Sundancer contacted the above regarding their plug. It sounds like a great place but I did suggest them contacting leadership of the forum. If they do not do so, we will further contact them or pull their post.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Rayme
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 18:28:33 (permalink)
    Now in Jackson Hole, Wyoming there is a really great burger place called Billy's Burgers. I'm not sure why they haven't made it on the Roadfood list of restaurants but worth a trip. Clinton called it the best burger he ever had and I'm sure he's had a few.
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 19:01:17 (permalink)
    At least it wasn't disguised as "HEY I found this great place - it's awesome I'm the owner)" like most of them are. Because they say who they are up front, I tend to read this as an "I didn't mean to offend, I do not understand the dynamics of the board" plug?? (then again I am a very forgiving person...) - I have been to the Englewood NJ location - years ago - and it was very good. I seem to remember awesome pancakes, though I hope the poster joins in our discussions in the future.
    hefried
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 23:43:21 (permalink)
    gee i thought i was good/ cool /interesting to check out their website and get ideas for yummy sounding burgers and chicken sandwiches and tons of whatever stuff.... 7 oz burgers sound huge!
    hefried
    Cheeseburger
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/24 23:46:51 (permalink)
    PS sorry but, what i mean is, i guess, if it's against road food rules or whatever to post " plugs", than that isn't cool, but i did like seeing their website
    i didnt mean to sound $%^#$%^y....
    hhawk
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 01:46:51 (permalink)
    It's interesting. They used to have 8 oz burgers i'm fairly sure... does any remember that?

I'm more happy with (my own) mini burger these days, but that might explain why they are down weighting their burgers...

As big burgers go, theirs has always been a great choice.
    kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 827
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 07:50:45 (permalink)
    Now if they'd say, 'mention that you heard about us on ROADFOOD and get a 10% discount', it wouldn't be so shameless.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7776
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 07:54:08 (permalink)
    I'd rather see a plug like this than a thread about Sludge in a Bucket Chicken Littles
    verysleepy
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 09:21:11 (permalink)
    Hm, there is a Jackson Hole across the street from me, and I too, seem to remember larger burgers. Sure- these burgers taste good if you are really, really hungry. But.... they are too reminiscent of the style that my mother used. (The world's worst cook) Because their burgers are/were large, they had started them on the grill, and then put a metal (hm... hard to describe) ice cream cup? over them, and they continued to cook on the grill- by almost steaming them. So- while many enjoy the big burgers- to me they are steamy messes. Their fries are the normal steak fries. I would rather see smaller, perfectly grilled burgers, and not have those childhood flashbacks!

Nadine

hhawk
    Junior Burger
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 09:28:54 (permalink)
    They grill them, and then they cover them with a mid size stainless steel "cover;" they make cover specificially for that purpose but I think they (Jacksonhole) uses something like a Ice Cream Sundae "bowl" or some such similar item.

Multiple cooking methods are common. At my place we will cover items (burgers (rarely), tuna melts (usually), etc. to get cheese to melt. We make a skillet Mac N Chz that starts on the stove top and finishes in the oven. In professional kitchens its come to move things around. E.g., take a par-baked 1/2 chicken, broil it for a few minutes under the Salamander (e.g., a professional broiler) -- basically to give it a nice color -- then pop the whole thing including the pan into the oven for 10 minutes (or so) to finish the cooking, put it on a plate, sauce it up and serve.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 09:56:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rayme

Now in Jackson Hole, Wyoming there is a really great burger place called Billy's Burgers. I'm not sure why they haven't made it on the Roadfood list of restaurants but worth a trip. Clinton called it the best burger he ever had and I'm sure he's had a few.

That is one fine burger...here was one I had there that vanished in short order...

...and following it up with a shake at Jackson Drug across the square is a good idea as well.
    hefried
    Cheeseburger
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 11:27:02 (permalink)
    very nice! mmmm billy's burgers do loook goood, now that's roadfood!
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 12:19:48 (permalink)
    I am so tempted to not post this, because I don't want to be mean to the original poster. But...in my opinion and those of many, many people I know, Jackson Hole's burgers in NYC... well, let's say they leave something to be desired. If you come to NYC and want a burger, I'd highly recommend other places which have been discussed on this site. I'll leave it at that.
    Rayme
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 14:25:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:
    Originally posted by Rayme

That is one fine burger...here was one I had there that vanished in short order...

...and following it up with a shake at Jackson Drug across the square is a good idea as well.

Hey he-fried, that almost made me buy a ticket to Wyoming but, actually, I think Billy's is closed right now. Definitely belongs on the Roadfood Restaurant list; got to get Michael and Jane out there.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 15:12:14 (permalink)
    quote:

Hey he-fried, that almost made me buy a ticket to Wyoming but, actually, I think Billy's is closed right now. Definitely belongs on the Roadfood Restaurant list; got to get Michael and Jane out there.

Here is more info

http://www.cadillac-grille.com/Billys.html

It is a great place. I was there for a week and had lunch there 4 times.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15245
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 15:21:17 (permalink)
    This thread is a bit to much of an ad for me. I prefer folks who talk about the process they use etc etc instead of just pounding us with the ad. But it stays because some of you seem to feel it's ok. Those who don't can ignore it anyway.
    Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 15:29:52 (permalink)
    Ok, no offense to you Tony, after all, it's not your website, but jeez! Doesn't anyone ever proofread anything anymore??? I'm speaking of the Billy's website to which you posted a link.

Eligant? Dinning room? And they are not typos because they're misspelled there multiple times. I'm sorry, but if the owners won't do the most rudimentary look-through and QA on something they're using to ADVERTISE their business, where they make their FIRST impression, then I have no desire to patronize their establishment. Sloppy work like that indicates a lack of concern, that quite frankly, I find hard to believe wouldn't bleed over into other aspects of the business.

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but I see this more and more all the time.

Edited because I had my own problems, hypocrite that I guess I am now. *Sigh*
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 15:57:35 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pwingsx

Ok, no offense to you Tony, after all, it's not your website, but jeez! Doesn't anyone ever proofread anything anymore??? I'm speaking of the Billy's website to which you posted a link.

Bad spelling is a rampant disease, but in all honesty, I never got past that picture of the burger!
    Salty
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 16:08:27 (permalink)
    First off, I agree with the initial responders to this post in that this is a blatant advertisement that should be pulled.

For those who haven't been to a JacksonHole yet, you aren't missing much. The burgers are average, the prices are high for what it is, and my experience with the service has ranged from mediocre to poor.
    Pwingsx
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 16:16:51 (permalink)
    Oh, it's not the spelling -- everyone makes spelling errors. It's the fact that they didn't take the steps to fix it -- it's so simple. A second pair of eyes, spellcheck -- there's just no excuse for it. First impressions can never be re-made.

It was a good-looking burger. But it wasn't enough to sell me on the company.

Man, I never realized what an awful snob I am.
    Oneiron339
    • Total Posts : 2075
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 16:38:33 (permalink)
    This place in Queens BTW was highlighted on Al Roker's show about diners on the Food Channel a few weeks ago. The burgers looked huge (much bigger than 8 oz.). The diner is on Astoria Blvd near LaGuardia and we wanted to stop on the way from the airport after seeing the burgers, but didn't get the chance.
    hhawk
    Junior Burger
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 17:19:01 (permalink)
    I still perfer my burgers (Schnackies)

Very off topic here.. Some of us are dyslexic; others just rushed. If the SITE, wanted good spelling they would integrate a spelling checker into the forum software. Still you should read your posts a few times before actually posting... My problem is even with that, well.. I still make mistakes..
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15245
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 19:31:08 (permalink)
    Hawk,
    I work with a dictionary beside me and reread my posts and I too, still make errors...and not just simple ones. I make those "draw a bunch of snickers from the group" screwups !
    AL
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4618
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 20:10:13 (permalink)
    I would invoke my general rule #1: Eat places named after locales in which they are not located are verboten, off limits, out of bounds....I learned this after living in a place named after a pickup truck- Scottsdale-and the fact that nobody in Scottsdale was a farmer inclined to use said pickup. This of course, applies to Tacomas, Tahoes, Santa Fes, Sedonas, etc. Have you noticed no one names their trucks after say, East St. Louis, or Staten Island, or South Side of Chicago? I think it's a case of Pickup bed envy. That said, what Jackson Hole and hamburgers have in common, whether in Wyoming or NY, is beyond me.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/25 23:18:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by bill voss

Are you paying the server bills? Mr. Jackson Hole stands to make $1000.00's off of a bogus post on Roadfood.com, and you're yelling at the guy with the most integrity on here?
    Get lost, little boy.

Well said. The moderator actually dared to "moderate". He didn't flip his lid or unilaterally pull the post; he gave the initial poster the benefit of the doubt that he/she wasn't familiar with the way this site works.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time I've seen an honest-to-goodness, hard-core curse word on this site. That pretty much eliminated any possibility I'd see any credibility in that particular post.
    carlton pierre
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/26 04:33:46 (permalink)
    Seriously, we need some jerk-detecting software for this site.
    signman
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: jacksonhole burgers 2005/02/26 10:31:56 (permalink)
    What have I missed here?
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1