kosher and non-kosher hot dogs

Author
taliassteakhouse
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
2013/07/06 02:05:10 (permalink)

kosher and non-kosher hot dogs

What is the difference between kosher and non-kosher hot dogs?

27 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3968
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/06 02:23:06 (permalink)
    taliassteakhouse

Non-kosher hot dogs can be all beef or beef and pork. They can be made in a place that processes pork. Kosher hot dogs have to be made a certain way. They can only be beef, the beef has to be slaughtered in a ritual fashion and no pork or dairy products can be made there. A regular inspection by a Rabbi versed in the requirements for kosher food happens regularly. Besides the inspection, blessings are made.
    That's it in a nutshell.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18390
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/06 04:10:37 (permalink)
    taliassteakhouse

When someone who identifies himself or herself as a kosher restaurant asks what the difference is between a kosher and non-kosher hot dog it is clear the poster is a troll. 

top^dog
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/06 04:31:34 (permalink)
    Kosher beef dogs are cured with mostly garlic as the main flavor most all kosher dogs tastes the same ....pork/beef dogs are more complexe and represent the original franks brought to this country fron europe...a common misconception is that beef or kosher dogs are better qualty than pork/beef which is totaly false ....chicken blend dogs are low qualty
    edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2087
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/06 07:30:58 (permalink)
    price and market being catered to    ... and the Rabbi said so (Jewish meat inspector) ...
    more detail at http://www.growandbehold.com/index.php?page=kosher

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10220
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/07 04:26:31 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman
    taliassteakhouse

When someone who identifies himself or herself as a kosher restaurant asks what the difference is between a kosher and non-kosher hot dog it is clear the poster is a troll. 

He/She list NYC as their address and they ask a question like that????
    Give us a break!
    bartl
    • Total Posts : 1299
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/07 10:04:56 (permalink)
    Let's talk about kosher hot dogs from a marketing perspective. The reason why kosher hot dogs have a reputation of higher quality is because they have a guarantee of being closely inspected. Especially considering that hot dogs often have a reputation of all sorts of weird fillers being added (or at least weird from most Americans' points of view), knowing that there is someone looking over the process with what is believed to be a religious obligation to make sure that everything is, well, kosher, adds to customer confidence.

Bart
    top^dog
    Hamburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/07 10:50:28 (permalink)
    Sorrry but you are wrong...from a marketing point or not....kosher is not a quality issue it is a religious issue
    chefbuba
    • Total Posts : 1991
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/07 11:12:59 (permalink)
    Quit feeding the troll.
    top^dog
    Hamburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/07 12:04:03 (permalink)
    for all i care the troll can serve and eat bar s chicken franks at his or her restuarant
    bartl
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/08 12:05:38 (permalink)
    top^dog Sorrry but you are wrong...from a marketing point or not....kosher is not a quality issue it is a religious issue

Since when does marketing have anything to do with reality?

Bart
    brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 330
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/08 13:06:46 (permalink)
    Since when does marketing have anything to do with reality?  
    Bart
    Amen!!!!
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7846
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/08 13:34:33 (permalink)
    The tip is cut off of the Kosher dog.

I reported this person many times.

PLEASE AVOID TALIA'S!  Never eat there.  They are using you!

top^dog
    Hamburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/08 18:15:30 (permalink)
    Im in and out of nyc frequently....not much of a chance i would stop a a place thats asking the difference between kosher and non kosher....they might not know the difference btween hambuger and porterhouse
    bartl
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/08 18:21:31 (permalink)
    mar52 I reported this person many times.

PLEASE AVOID TALIA'S!  Never eat there.  They are using you!

Oh, the moderators are aware of Ephraim, and have even given him a public head's up. That doesn't mean that the topic isn't interesting.

Bart
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2087
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 12:35:29 (permalink)
    top^dog

Sorrry but you are wrong...from a marketing point or not....kosher is not a quality issue it is a religious issue

It is BOTH!   ... These are food safety rules from a time when refrigeration and testing animals for disease was unknown.  The basic guidelines (rules) were supposed to be from God, telling the Israelites which foods were safe to eat.  The Rabbis became the 'food inspectors'.    The courtyard of King Salomon's Temple was a essentially a slaughter house feeding the population of Jerusalem with blessed and inspected food.
    The religious aspects of the rules dealt with the proper and humane treatment of the animal before slaughter which in turn keeps the food/meat safe and pure to be consumed or sacrificial offerings.

Example:  Madcow disease ... Animals which ate other animals were forbidden to be eaten.    Modern madcow disease was (is ) transmitted by beef eating feed containing blood from other sick animals (beef).  ... A 3000 year old 'kosher' rule has foretold of this problem.  
    post edited by edwmax - 2013/07/09 12:39:08
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 439
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 14:30:18 (permalink)
    yep. modern man is a pig, they will eat anything that smells good. and then some. even all the animals that god said to leave alone. asians eat stuff that would make a american barf. everytime I take my rats out for a walk I am scared some asian will ask me how much per pound they are. "ah, beautiful rat, sweet sweet rat."

post edited by BpCBlake - 2013/07/09 14:32:16
    C2CD
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 189
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 17:46:22 (permalink)
    BpCBlake

yep. modern man is a pig, they will eat anything that smells good. and then some. even all the animals that god said to leave alone. asians eat stuff that would make a american barf. everytime I take my rats out for a walk I am scared some asian will ask me how much per pound they are. "ah, beautiful rat, sweet sweet rat."

When I was in China I ate fried rat on a stick. It was at a highly recommended Restaurant that served only rat, 99 different ways. Now most people hear Rat and think they go scout the streets and serve them that evening, this is not the case. these rats are farmed and bred to be eaten. And before anyone asks No they do not taste like chicken, kinda like a cross between duck and rabbit, but they are very very greasy little things. 
    brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 18:45:01 (permalink)
    Man can this be true? What do you think? 
    DO NOT EAT TILAPIA
    Greetings and Salutations...

I read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China. Also, I had just
    returned home from buying Publix & Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, "China".

I recently saw a Food inspector on TV... He said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their Fish on Fish Farms are fed Raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends. Imported food we eat and the junk we buy

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China , and so are most of Europe's Best.
    Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world U.S. is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware. If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". I don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce. The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. or Canada?

FOR EXAMPLE
    THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM
    CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND. GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA. THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t. If you search the Internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries:
    Vietnam,
    China,
    Philippines.

Check this out personally. I did. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia.

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S.

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted.

C2CD
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 19:28:08 (permalink)
    @Boo I guess we all have a choice to make, Grow our own, eat something from another country, or eat the GMO crap that is grown in America.
    Japan Has banned the import of wheat from USA due to GMO's and Russia has suspended all food trade from USA cause of GMO's the UK as well, however the UK has made mandatory on all GMO labeling on products coming out of the USA
    The lesson to be learned here, Trust no one especially the FDA.
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 20:46:17 (permalink)
    for the holidays I make beer filled rat.
    after the partys i give the flat beer to my rat. she will drink until she passes out. I can get her to do tricks for a rumball too. little fuzzy booser.
    brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 21:16:38 (permalink)
    Okay, change the subject to hot dogs, but don't tell me how they are made or whats in them OK guys?
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 21:20:09 (permalink)
    sometimes there is nothing like a good beak and snout dog.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6383
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 21:55:44 (permalink)
    BpCBlake

a piece of tail is always nice too.

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 22:14:23 (permalink)
    CajunKing

BpCBlake

I like oxtails
    hmm, maybe a tail on a stick cart?
    C2CD
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 23:38:10 (permalink)
    BpCBlake

CajunKing

BpCBlake

I like oxtails

Nobody does OxTail like the Jamaicans. curry Oxtail mmmmmmmmmmm :)
    BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/09 23:48:09 (permalink)
    HotDogMafia

BpCBlake

CajunKing

BpCBlake

I like oxtails

dont let em' jerk your tail mon
    C2CD
    Cheeseburger
    Re:kosher and non-kosher hot dogs 2013/07/10 00:21:39 (permalink)
    BpCBlake

HotDogMafia

BpCBlake

CajunKing

BpCBlake

I like oxtails

dont let em' jerk your tail mon

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1