krystal and white castles

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/22 21:54:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Recently I had cause to pickup half/dozen WC Burgers and some fries in Louisville. Both McDuff and i enjoyed the consumption and the after effects of the wonderful little Burgers. We enjoyed each others company all day, . Belly Bombers and Yellow-Sliders Rule !!

ROFLMAO: Al:

"but others felt that we shared an unusual amount of "extra-atmoshere""

Been there; done that... Looking forward to my next "atmospheric anomoly"
ZekeTheCat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 128
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/22 21:55:46 (permalink)
I've had White Castle's in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky and Minnesota and have never seen them made with anything other then onions and a thin pickle slice - NEVER mustard or ketchup. I've eaten Krystals in Tennessee and Kentucky and they come with onions and mustard.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13475
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/27 18:51:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeTheCat

I've had White Castle's in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky and Minnesota and have never seen them made with anything other then onions and a thin pickle slice - NEVER mustard or ketchup. I've eaten Krystals in Tennessee and Kentucky and they come with onions and mustard.

You are correct when you order a WC as it only comes with onions and pickle. When you want to compare the two and you ask for mustard at the WC, it is the spicy mustard from WC vs. the regular mustard from Krystal. That is one of the ways you can tell the difference.

The Sundancer still gives the edge to the Krystal.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 642
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/27 22:53:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by rmcielwain

Adjudicator, Royal Castle was probably a separate chain: they
did put out a set of trading cards back in 1967 for the expansion
Miami Dolphins (anyone remember Rick Petrick as the starting QB?);
but they'll live on in "Goldfinger" with the scene where Oddjob
is driving to the scrapyard (passes by a Royal Castle, and I think
that particular scene was filmed in Miami....)

Back in the early/mid 60''s White Castle opened a few outlets in FL--mostly in the Miami area. Seems there was a family member of the original owners who wanted to retire down there and have something to do. They didn''t do all that well and in light of WC''s traditional conservative expansion philosophy (they are closely held and finance all their capital growth internally) they eventually closed the handful of units in S Florida. I believe they may have turned into "Royal" Castles for a short period of time and then eventually went the way of Burger Chef, Biff Burger and a lot of the other early FF burger chains.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/27 23:42:51 (permalink)
We had a little bit of snow in the Cincinnati area just before Christmas, and on Christmas Eve I took orders and went out to treat all of the people in my area to some stomach distress delivered via White Castle. I drove to four of the local stores, only to find them all closed due to the supposed "Snow Emergency". Some days I just don't know what this world is coming to.
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/28 08:51:30 (permalink)
What is it with WC? I thought thye had the same dedication as the USPS-- "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow,,,,,". They must be slipping.
CarolinaBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: krystal and white castles 2004/12/28 15:33:45 (permalink)
In a pinch, the frozen ones that you microwave, while certainly not up to par with those from restaurant, aren't that bad as a snack! Will take Krystal over White Castles - WC's go a little overboard with the onions. Krystal also offers Krystal Chik, mini chicken sandwich that goes well with a few of the burgers for variety.
tomm009
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/01/07 14:33:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by QFan

quote:
Originally posted by rmcielwain

Adjudicator, Royal Castle was probably a separate chain: they
did put out a set of trading cards back in 1967 for the expansion
Miami Dolphins (anyone remember Rick Petrick as the starting QB?);
but they'll live on in "Goldfinger" with the scene where Oddjob
is driving to the scrapyard (passes by a Royal Castle, and I think
that particular scene was filmed in Miami....)

Back in the early/mid 60''s White Castle opened a few outlets in FL--mostly in the Miami area. Seems there was a family member of the original owners who wanted to retire down there and have something to do. They didn''t do all that well and in light of WC''s traditional conservative expansion philosophy (they are closely held and finance all their capital growth internally) they eventually closed the handful of units in S Florida. I believe they may have turned into "Royal" Castles for a short period of time and then eventually went the way of Burger Chef, Biff Burger and a lot of the other early FF burger chains.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
smokie
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/01/11 13:50:45 (permalink)
i remember the white catles as a little girl. i believe,then they had mustard on them. a lot of people may not like mustard,is why they stopped,and gave a person the option for ketchup and mustard. i've tried the krystall burgers,too. there's no comparison to the two. white catles burgers are my favorite
Beer Belly
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/01/11 14:45:13 (permalink)
I've had both, but WC is my favorite. When I lived in NC imissed them badly. Every time I came home for a visit WC would be the first and last placed I stopped. Now I'm back in KY and live within 2 blocks of one. Which is either a curse or a blessing, depending on who you ask.
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/01/30 05:03:45 (permalink)
I had WC's in Columbus OH about 2 weeks ago. I don't recall ever being asked previously if I wanted mustard or ketchup at a WC. I, of course, said, "neither".
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/01/30 09:48:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer Belly

I've had both, but WC is my favorite. When I lived in NC imissed them badly. Every time I came home for a visit WC would be the first and last placed I stopped. Now I'm back in KY and live within 2 blocks of one. Which is either a curse or a blessing, depending on who you ask.

Very GOOD analogy, BB
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 642
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/05/16 20:11:25 (permalink)
I have been reading w/ interest the recent posts on Krystals, and the inevitable debate that follows on whether krystals or White Castles are best. I had my first whitey in 1960 on Dana Ave in Cincinnati and my first Krystal in the French Qtr, N.O. in 1968. I've eaten hundreds (maybe thousands) since then and God I love em both! I get so tired of the debate about which one is better than the other. They are both wonderful when that's what you crave and you happen to be in the right geographic location for either one or the other. Who cares whether they aren't exactly the same! I'm finally waking up to the fact that the "debate" is more about whether you cut your teeth in Yankee-land or NASCAR-land than it is about the merits of that little square piece of heaven.

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
BBQ Barney
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 161
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/05/16 20:48:12 (permalink)
Sorry--it's hard to say which is best among an inedible twosome--I've tried each once only and can't decide!!
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: krystal and white castles 2005/05/16 23:26:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by QFan
I had my first whitey in 1960 on Dana Ave in Cincinnati

Been there. Done that. Several times, in fact, but you beat me by a few years.

God I love em both!

Preach on, brother! I'll take either in a pinch. Both of them have something unique about them that I love and I can swing from both sides of that plate. You're a small burger lover after my own heart.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1