krystal burger

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
wilewil
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 99
RE: krystal burger 2006/03/08 15:30:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by mbrookes

Try breakfast a Krystal. The bacon is crisp and good. They have a full list of eggs (scrambled or fried) bacon, sausage, grits, biscuit, toast. There is one just down from my office, so I pick up breakfast there often. Really cheap, too.

That's how my NYC born wife was introduced to grits. Krystal used to have the best waffles around (they even sold many, many little single serving cups of the batter). Of course they once had really good homemade style chili, and banana and coconut cream pies too! My best memory of Krystal was when they dropped the price of a Krystal from 12 cents to a dime (we used to stop in at the one across from the neighborhood theatre before the mantinee on Saturdays - the movie was maybe a quarter for kids like us).

Of course, here in the DC area we have neither Krystal nor WC. I call it the "Slider gap".
pcdiva
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 591
RE: krystal burger 2006/03/08 17:24:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy

I like both too,because they're not the same.We don't have Krystal up here in Chicago but i've eaten plenty of them in Memphis and SC.I asked this question long ago.Does anyone remember the Krystal King?It was a full sized double cheeseburger with shredded lettuce and secret sauce like a Big Mac or Big Boy.This was in the early 70's.I've searched but no results.I do see Steak N Shake has moved into Myrtle Beach but they're way up N near Barefoot Landing.So i probably won't visit.We're in Pawleys Island.

Yes, I remember the Krystal King. But it didn't last long in my area of middle Georgia. I also remember when you got real plates and silverware when you stayed in to eat breakfast and twirling on the little stools at the counter when my folks would let us sit there instead of a booth. My brother didn't like the bottom buns of his Krystals because the steam made them too soggy for his tastes, so I would take them and put a little salt on YUM!

Wish there was a Krystal closer to me than London KY now.

Alice
Butch E. Man
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: krystal burger 2006/03/26 10:25:42 (permalink)
[:(Found a K-Burger in Burlington NC on the way to work in Greensboro. I would stop, only when I felt I could splurge on the calories & throughly enjoyed them. Not White Castle, But hey you take what you can get. Much to my surprise I stopped a few days ago & the place had all it's windows papered up, & a sign saying "Coming soon Subway" Great another SUB-Par sandwich place ...W.T.F ???
How could a place with such a unique menu item go belly up ???
It will be missed. Anyone have any info on this great buger loss????
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: krystal burger 2006/03/28 18:42:33 (permalink)
I had a craving for some the other day and I had heartburn so bad afterwards, and not much gives me heartburn, unless it is too much Vino. They werent nearly as good as the frozen WHITE CASTLE ones in the grocery store.
I was disappointed, to say the least.
tryasackful
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: krystal burger 2006/04/19 00:02:33 (permalink)
Hello, I love Krystal burgers. My friend and I travel to Orlando each year to spend a week with Mickey and friends. And on our way down we stop in TN, Georgia and Florida for a great Krystal burger.

Does anyone know where you can buy the Krystal burger Frozen?
I would love to get my hands on some so I don't have to travel 11 plus hours to enjoy that great taste...
backfrmIraq
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 73
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/09 14:57:01 (permalink)
I used to eat cheese Krystals after Mobile Mysticks Hockey Games, but as someone already posted, they're much better if you've had a few beers.....I stopped in for some after i got back from Iraq and for some reason they tasted very salty...haven't had any in over a year....WC and Krystals taste different...WC seems to have a little stronger onion taste........
tryasackful
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/09 21:47:04 (permalink)
Great to have you back! I still would like to know if anyone out there could tell me where to get the Krystal burgers Fozen?

It would be a miracle to find someone out there that would be willing to mail order them to me.
Please let a Krystal lover know....
curried bluebonnet
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 108
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/09 22:22:15 (permalink)
tryasack--I am not sure where to get krystal burgers frozen, though I can get frozen white castles here in Texas. Not sure where you are from--I am sure it is all a regional supply thing. For those of you who have suffered thru the krystal stuff before--it is somewhat overwhelming for us newbies to fond the topics we are searching for. Sorry if this causes you some pain. For those of you veterans out there sharing on these threads a heartfelt thank you--I really enjoy this site and hope to keep enjoying it. A lot of us are new here and there is a ton of material to sift thru--thanks for letting us play along.
backfrmIraq
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 73
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/10 12:59:36 (permalink)
If I'm not mistaken Winn Dixies around Mobile used to carry frozen Krystals...but this was before 2003 (when I was deployed) I can't recall seeing them since I've been back....I did try a package of the cheese Krystals....they were not as good as frozen WC...IMHO....
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/10 15:56:15 (permalink)
We have quite a few Krystal's here in Huntsville, AL. I have one less than a 1/4 mile from my house (lucky me). I had breakfast to go there this AM. They always fix me a egg sandwich on plain bread and a double side order of crisp bacon (4 big slices) for less than $2. You can't beat that. Every once in a while I get their grits which are 57 cents for a large cup swimming in butter (I know, I know), but we do fall of the wagon every once in a while. I also have to have my Krystal fix with 2-3 Krystal cheeseburgers with extra mustard. Love them!
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: krystal burger 2006/05/11 12:03:34 (permalink)
WC or Crystal, about the same. We have a Crystal near the Charlotte a/p that provides my carry lunch. If it is close to five pm theen the Ranch House provides my carry on shrimp cocktail, even the front of the bus has crap food on US Error.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1