looking for good pasta sauce

Author
iliketoeat2012
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/01/22 05:48:15 (permalink)

looking for good pasta sauce

the pasta sauces at my local supermarket just suck. i'm tired of the tomato tasting type. 

can somebody recommend recipes for some good ones?

the Stouffer brand, Swedish meatball pasta tv dinner is pretty good, leaves you wanting more.

anyone know how to make the sour cream sauce like that?

1 Reply Related Threads

pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2455
    Re:looking for good pasta sauce 2012/01/22 10:55:02 (permalink)
    iliketoeat2012

the pasta sauces at my local supermarket just suck. i'm tired of the tomato tasting type. 

can somebody recommend recipes for some good ones?

the Stouffer brand, Swedish meatball pasta tv dinner is pretty good, leaves you wanting more.

anyone know how to make the sour cream sauce like that?

[/quote
    Welcome to Roadfood......To me a good red sauce is a process of reducing the water from the tomatoes. I start with sauting chopped onions and as much garlic as you like. Season with italian seasoning and parsley, I also add clam juice as the tomato liquid reduces. The whole point is to reduce the tomatoes down into a thick sauce. I use tomatoes from the garden that I use fresh during the summer, and freeze for winter use. If I use a can tomato, it will be whole plum tomatoes that I squeeze into a pan and break down into a sauce.........when the sauce is done, cook the pasta to your liking, toss into your sauce with out rinsing and add some of the pasta water. blend the pasta sauce and pasta together, top with a good grated parmesan cheese.................

The Swedish meatballs can be made with a beef gravy adding sourcream to thin the sauce/gravy. The sour cream adds a nice richness to the sauce, you could also use a chicken gravy if you like. You could also use a heavy cream in the gravy.............hope this helps...........pnwc
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1