Hungry in Columbus Ohio

bxphoto79
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 5:03 PM
HELP!!! My fiance will be in Columbus, Ohio for a week on business. He's dreading the trip big time, so I wanted to make his stomach happy with some down right good eats. Any roadfood suggestions would be sooooooooo very appreciated. Thank You Thank You!!
-Cristina

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7407
RE: Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 5:20 PM
Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village.

Freelion
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 8:44 PM
Will he have a car? Here are some good places. Nancy's Home Cooking on North High Street. It's a little hole in the wall restaurant with incredible food, especially the chicken and noodles on Mondays and Thursdays. Very reasonable. TAT Italian family restaurant on the corner of East Livingston and James Rd. They've been in business since the 20's and have a great early bird special menu (4-6pm). It's $7.95 and includes hot bread, soup, salad, entree, side dish and dessert. The Top Steak house on East Main has been around since the 50's or so. Or the Clarmont downtown. Excellent steaks at steak house prices. Also the pies at Henry's in West Jefferson are worth a short road trip (30 minutes or so) if he wants to hit the road. For a touch of nostalgia, the original Wendy's restaurant still serves hamburgers downtown on Broad Street. For more ideas, he might want to check out the food section of the local paper, "The Colubus Dispatch".

Freelion
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 8:45 PM
Oops, that's the "Columbus Dispatch."

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17850
RE: Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 8:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bxphoto79

HELP!!! My fiance will be in Columbus, Ohio for a week on business. He's dreading the trip big time, so I wanted to make his stomach happy with some down right good eats. Any roadfood suggestions would be sooooooooo very appreciated. Thank You Thank You!!
-Cristina

Cap City Diner on Olentangy Road and in Stoneridge Plaza in Gahanna. Both excellent. The Top Steakhouse on East Main Street and the Clarmont on South High Street, as well as Mitchell's on Third. The Ocean Club at Easton Town center, Cameron's on Dublin-Granville Road in Worthington (Linworth). Phillips Coney Island on West Broad Street, the very first Wendy's on East Broad Street, and the Refectory on Bethel Road (noted nationally for it's extraordinary wine cellar).

pigface
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Hungry in Columbus Ohio - Wed, 04/30/03 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village.

I'll Salute that recommendation !