Thanksgiving dinner

danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
  • Reward points : 0
Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 2:28 PM
I posted this on the chicken forum, but no one is responding, so here I go again:

What restaurant serves the best Thanksgiving dinner? Preferably I'd like to hear about restaurants that serve this every day of the year, because sometimes even in May there's nothing like turkey and stuffing. I used to like the Strongbow Inn in Valparaiso, Ind., but it's been 10 years since my last visit so I can't vouch for its quality these days.

Thanks,

Dan

emsmom
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 2:34 PM
We have a cafeteria here in our town that has turkey and dressing with gravy and cranberry sauce on their serving line just about every day.
They ususally have sweet potatoes and alot of other choices of vegis and starches. No pumpkin pie though, except during November and December.

Donna Douglass
  • Total Posts : 508
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 2:39 PM
Danimal15, if you live in Indiana, go to the Amish area of Indiana as their restaurants usually have Thanksgiving foods pretty much the year around. We live near Plain City in Ohio and the good restaurants there have wonderful meals including Thanksgiving foods.

Good luck.

Donna

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 4:20 PM
Dan, you're going to owe me big for this one! Go to www.metromix.com and under "Find IT Fast" enter "Thanksgiving." Take your pick of the various well known Chicago restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner. Want to eat at home? Heaven on Seven is offering a Cajun Turkey dinner that can be picked up at 4 different locations. Want to stay close to home? The Weber Grill in Wheeling is a short ride for you. I'm doing Thanksgiving this year at my bro's house in Skokie. When you gonna come to my hot dog stand?

CSD

CarolinaBill
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 4:48 PM
Well, if you can find a place that does deep-fried turkey, I can't recommend it enough.

It seems to defy all laws of physics and chemistry that you can take an 18-pound bird, immerse it in 5 gallons of 375 degree peanut oil for 60 minutes and not get, well a charcoaled or fossilized bird. But it is WONDERFUL and, if done properly (aka, keeping oil sufficiently hot) not at all greasy!

You will tend to find this dish more often at barbecue-oriented places.

Rapunzll
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Wed, 11/3/04 4:53 PM
I've never been, but I hear this place is good. It's in Marshall, MI, a lovely little town! http://www.turkeyville.com/restaurant.htm

danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Thu, 11/4/04 1:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by chicagostyledog

Dan, you're going to owe me big for this one! Go to www.metromix.com and under "Find IT Fast" enter "Thanksgiving." Take your pick of the various well known Chicago restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner. Want to eat at home? Heaven on Seven is offering a Cajun Turkey dinner that can be picked up at 4 different locations. Want to stay close to home? The Weber Grill in Wheeling is a short ride for you. I'm doing Thanksgiving this year at my bro's house in Skokie. When you gonna come to my hot dog stand?

CSD

Thanks for the advice. I'd love to try your stand. Where is it?

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
RE: Thanksgiving dinner - Thu, 11/4/04 8:03 PM
Dan, our cart is located at the Prime Outlets Mall aka Lakeside Mall in Kenosha. The mall is located on the east side of I94 immediately after entering Wisconsin. Exit Mall Drive aka HWY165 and turn right to Mall Drive. There are two buildings (north & south). We're located at the south building in front of the Atrium. Hours are Saturdays from 12-5 May-December and Sundays June-August from 12-5. During the winter months, if Saturday's weather is extremely windy, rainy, or snowy, we switch to Sunday.

Mark aka chicagostyledog