The BEST Pickles???

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 99
mikey1024
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 2:00 PM
I would have to say the best Pickles are made by a little company in Detroit called Topor's - Any other good Pickles out there anywhere?

Topor's Pickles
2850 Standish
Detroit, MI 48216
Tel: (313) 237-0288

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 2:06 PM
Ditto on the Topors! Even seen them on the Food Network a few weeks ago!

meowzart
  • Total Posts : 773
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 2:35 PM
My friend came back from visiting her family in Michigan and brought me a jar of "Bessinger's Ol' Fashioned Fresh Pack Little Dill Pickles." I think they are just fantastic. Could Michigan be a hidden pickle capital of the US?

cedwin
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 3:17 PM
My favorites are a brand called "Gedney's State Fair Norwegian Dills". Gedney's is a local pickling company in Minnesota that has taken award winning pickle recipes from the Minnesota State Fair and produced them. The Norwegian Dills are a spicy, quality pickle as good as any I've ever eaten.

UncleVic
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 3:31 PM
Thats 3 votes for Michigan Pickles, 1 for Minnesota...
So far so good Meowzart!

Bushie
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 7:04 PM
At Poverty Pete's suggestion, I've ordered from these guys, and everything so far has been yummy.

http://www.picklelicious.com/

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 7:21 PM
Dearfolk,
This is Roddenbery's, Cates, and Mt. Olive pickle country. I sincerely doubt that either Cairo, Georgia (Roddenbery's home), Mount Olive, North Carolina, or whatever small N. C. town Cates is located in have a local Rabbi to bless anything: I can just visualize the Cairo folks having to call on the Rabbi from either Bainbridge or Thomasville to come supervise a run of Kosher pickles; same with calling one in from Greenville or Fayetteville, North Carolina!
The best Kosher pickles I ever had were some a friend ran across in a Russian food store in Atlanta: they were either from Bulgaria or Romania, I forget which... I reeked of garlic for a week after eating only two or three! (I never refuse anything exotic foodwise that is offered to me, and this time my friend was right on!)
Ah, the memory of being nearly waist-deep in garlic....
Uncucumberedly Hardly In A Pickle But Gherkin Myself Back To Reality, Ort. Carlton in Lovely Athens, Georgia.

UncleVic
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 7:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

Originally posted by UncleVic

Thats 3 votes for Michigan Pickles, 1 for Minnesota...
So far so good Meowzart!

And one for Joisey + one for overseas now...

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 8:28 PM
I don't know where they originally come from, but my favorites are the half sours at Katz's Deli in NYC. They are one of my favorite things to wash down the corned beef sammich.

Steve

acer2x
  • Total Posts : 440
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/9/04 8:44 PM
Give me a break! The best, without a doubt, are not in a jar in a market but fresh from the barrel in the Lower East Side in NYC. Guss's formerly on Essex Street has moved to Orchard Street( as a result of a partnership dispute,I'm sure)(they ship nationwide-call 516-569-0909) while their old location is now The Pickle Guys- www.nycpickleguys.com/aboutus.html Both stores are closed Saturdays.

Katz's Deli must get their pickles from one of these places.

I prefer the sour, not the half sour. I also brought home pickled sweet peppers from Guss's.

If you like jar pickles, try Don Hermann's from Ohio or Batampte from Brooklyn.

Oneiron339
  • Total Posts : 2075
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 11/10/04 7:40 AM
Anybody know if Gus' Pickles is still open on the lower east side in Manhattan? They used to have the best, straight from the vat. I'd take a jar and snack on them during the day.

kozel
  • Total Posts : 810
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 11/10/04 8:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by acer2x

Give me a break! The best, without a doubt, are not in a jar in a market but fresh from the barrel in the Lower East Side in NYC. Guss's formerly on Essex Street has moved to Orchard Street( as a result of a partnership dispute,I'm sure)(they ship nationwide-call 516-569-0909) while their old location is now The Pickle Guys- www.nycpickleguys.com/aboutus.html Both stores are closed Saturdays.

It's not at the SAME location. It is on Essex a few doors north and is run by Allen who ran Guss's before the dispute. I hear that Guss's get's their product from a wholesaler in the Bronx. I go to Allen.

renfrew
  • Total Posts : 696
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 11/10/04 8:44 AM
sorry just have to chime in on the whole "blessing" reference that Ort mentioned. The kosher process is about supervision, not "blessing". A rabbi never blesses something to make it kosher, neither does it have to be a rabbi necessarily that does the supervision. Just so happens most of them are.

Favorite pickles are Gus's or Paterson.

tmiles
  • Total Posts : 1909
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/11/04 3:17 PM
Caines is our local brand. They used to be made in Deerfield, Mass. Caines, based in Ayer Mass sold the pickle biz a few years ago. The pickles still have the same Caines trademark, but are not related to the mayonise of the same name. They also once made a decent potato chip. I think that some of their pickles are now imported. I am not a big pickle fan, but when I eat them I prefer a fresh refrigerated half sour deli type. Trader Joes are not bad, but variable in quality. During the growing season, I often "recharge" a half empty jar with fresh cukes. The fresh cukes are ready after a day or two in the solution, and they are nice and crisp.

fcbaldwin
  • Total Posts : 388
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/11/04 3:43 PM

I have ordered from both The Pickle Guys at http://www.nycpickleguys.com and also Picklelicious at http://www.picklelicious.com , and with the exception of both being expensive to ship, they are the real thing.

I agree with the above posters that they are excellent.

Frank

Route 11
  • Total Posts : 752
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/11/04 3:45 PM
Referring to the M*A*S*H party post, we ordered Packo's Pickles from Toledo and they were great!

Wallyum
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/11/04 5:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Route 11

Referring to the M*A*S*H party post, we ordered Packo's Pickles from Toledo and they were great!

They have one kind that I think they call "Sweet Hots". Excellent! Several times a year I'll go out on payday and load up on pickles, peppers, cheeses, crackers, and salami for the guys on my crew. (We work nights. We don't have many choices except for White Castle and chili.) The Packo's pickles have always been among the best.

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6232
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 11/12/04 1:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Uncucumberedly Hardly In A Pickle But Gherkin Myself Back To Reality, Ort. Carlton in Lovely Athens, Georgia.

Now, THAT is BRILLIANT!!

tkitna
  • Total Posts : 620
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 11/12/04 5:13 AM
I realize that the conversation is directed towards the more commercial pickles, but I just have to give kudos to my best friends mothers homemade pickles. They are so good that I request a jar full for my birthdays and christmas. I've knocked down many a mason jar full with a few cold beers.

kozel
  • Total Posts : 810
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 11/14/04 4:28 PM
For those that extol the praises of Gus's Pickles, they have a storefront on Orchard Street a block south of Delancy and I see there is also an outlet on Central Ave in Cedarhust (Long Island) New York.

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 11/14/04 6:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by renfrew

sorry just have to chime in on the whole "blessing" reference that Ort mentioned. The kosher process is about supervision, not "blessing". A rabbi never blesses something to make it kosher, neither does it have to be a rabbi necessarily that does the supervision. Just so happens most of them are.

Favorite pickles are Gus's or Paterson.

renfrew,
That was my attempt at a joke-of-sorts rather than my trying to be accurate. I guess, spiritually speaking, though, it IS sort of a "blessing" situation, even if by extension - sort of like the priest blessing the fishing boats when they leave port. (In Tarpon Springs, Florida, it's a Greek Orthodox priest.)
My thought was that some rural Southern rabbi (and there are more of those than you might think) would kvetch one day "Ach, I gotta go bless some pickles today!" And then he or she would trundle off to some teensy-town pickle factory where they were preparing to package Kosher dills or some such... just a humorous, ironic thought.
Not Trying To Get Into A Pickle, Ort. Carlton in Chunchy Athens, Georgia.

marky
  • Total Posts : 104
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 11/14/04 8:06 PM
GUSS PICLES ARE INCREDIBLE I LIKE THE SOUR DILL THIS SUCKER WILL PUCKER YOUR MOUTH BEYOND BELIEF. THEY ARE AGED IN BARRELS AND GIVE A KICK 5 STARS

wheregreggeats.com
  • Total Posts : 4530
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 11/14/04 9:35 PM
I travel alot ... quite often by car and have meandered into the occasional gas station that has pickles in a hermetically sealed plastic bag for sale -- most often right at the cash resister as if it were a big impulse-item.

I have bought one or two -- but as I recall have never dared eat them.

What is the deal with these southern-roadside-gas-station-single-serve-plastic-bag-pickles?

Are there good brands? Better flavors? Warnings from the initiated?

CheeseWit
  • Total Posts : 1393
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 11/14/04 10:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by fcbaldwin

I have ordered from both The Pickle Guys at http://www.nycpickleguys.com and also Picklelicious at http://www.picklelicious.com , and with the exception of both being expensive to ship, they are the real thing.

I agree with the above posters that they are excellent.

Frank

I concur with the posters regarding these NYC pickle purveyors!

mikey1024
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/25/04 11:42 AM
Yes Don Hermann's are very good also! They make them under their own name as well as make all the Nathan's brand pickles including the soon to be famous "Horseradish Pickles" Mmmmm gotta try em if you haven't yet!!

Sounds weird but tastes sooooo good!

MacTAC
  • Total Posts : 425
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 03/9/05 1:51 AM
"Mr. Pickle" in the Tri-County Flea Market on Hempstead Tpk, Levittown, NY. Terrific sour garlic pickles. Only open Fri/Sat/Sun, I thinkā€¦

Wallyum
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 03/9/05 1:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

I travel alot ... quite often by car and have meandered into the occasional gas station that has pickles in a hermetically sealed plastic bag for sale -- most often right at the cash resister as if it were a big impulse-item.

I have bought one or two -- but as I recall have never dared eat them.

What is the deal with these southern-roadside-gas-station-single-serve-plastic-bag-pickles?

Are there good brands? Better flavors? Warnings from the initiated?

The Van Houten's (not sure of the spelling,) aren't bad for bag pickles. I like the hot and the garlic, but they have a new one that I've been looking forward to trying. I think it's called the Little Pepe.

Bushie
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 03/9/05 11:18 PM
I just found the best pickles yesterday.

I had to go into Bastrop, TX for an appointment, and I stopped by Maxine's for a late breakfast after I was done. (She runs a home-cooking cafe on Main Street.) I've been visiting Maxine's since early 2001, and I've often bought her homemade jellies and pickled peppers, but for some reason I had never bought a jar of her dill pickles.

These things are mega-awesome, and I doubt I will ever buy any others.
(That is, until Poverty Pete or pogophiles recommend something...)

Rick F.
  • Total Posts : 1736
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 05/31/05 6:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by acer2x

Katz's Deli must get their pickles from one of these places.

I prefer the sour, not the half sour. I also brought home pickled sweet peppers from Guss's.

If you like jar pickles, try Don Hermann's from Ohio or Batampte from Brooklyn.

LAteacher
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 06/10/05 11:00 PM
Gus' half sours. No comparison in the whole dang world......

jinjo76
  • Total Posts : 204
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 06/10/05 11:17 PM
For cucumber pickles, I like
http://www.bubbies.com/bubbies_products.shtml
and
Nathan's sweet horseradish pickles

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 06/10/05 11:34 PM
Vlasic used to have pickles called "Polski Orgorki"... they were great but I can't find em anymore...

carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 06/12/05 8:14 AM
Best dill pickles I've been able to find here are Claussen which I really like but from another thread I understand these don't hold a candle to some others. I did find Boars Head brand the other day and bought a jar but have not opened yet.

Tedbear
  • Total Posts : 1832
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 06/12/05 10:39 AM
To my taste, the only pickles that are good are the ones that my family always called "new" pickles--the ones that are still a fairly bright green, by virtue of having been pickled for only a brief period of time. In that genre, the best (if you can get them) are definitely Guss's, from the Lower East Side of Manhattan. If you don't have access to them, the Batampte brand (in jars, always refrigerated) that is sold in some supermarkets is a decent substitute.

The typical type of pickle, to my way of thinking, has been "embalmed" for a very long period of time, and winds up being limp and dull in appearance. The "new" pickles, by comparison, are always crunchy and very fresh in taste.

To return to the subject of kosher pickles, or just kosher food in general, I want to reiterate something that renfrew (?) said, by way of correcting someone else. When you see the "kosher" designation on a packaged food product, this does NOT mean that it has been blessed by a Rabbi. Instead, it means that the entire production facility has been inspected for cleanliness, and that the production process has been continually supervised to be sure that the cleanliness is maintained. That normally includes disassembling the machinery at fairly frequent intervals, and cleansing them with live steam.

This designation also means that no "unkosher" items have come into contact with either the food or the processing machinery. This latter part is not necessarily important for those who do not keep a kosher home, but the absolute cleanliness that is required for the certification should interest everyone.

• Total Posts : 222
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 06/12/05 11:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tedbear

To my taste, the only pickles that are good are the ones that my family always called "new" pickles--the ones that are still a fairly bright green, by virtue of having been pickled for only a brief period of time. In that genre, the best (if you can get them) are definitely Guss's, from the Lower East Side of Manhattan. If you don't have access to them, the Batampte brand (in jars, always refrigerated) that is sold in some supermarkets is a decent substitute.

I concur that the Ba-Tampte half-sours are the best you can get in a jar, provided they haven't been on the shelf too long and are still bright green.

sauceman
  • Total Posts : 184
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 06/21/05 9:36 PM
Anyone ever tried Wickles Pickles? We had them at a dinner at the Southern Progress Corporation in Birmingham last summer, and I've been looking for them ever since. We stopped in at a Cracker Barrel--only to use the restroom, not to eat--and I spotted them in the gift shop. They're sliced in rather thick chips, and they're slightly sweet, on the order of a bread and butter pickle. There are two long, red hot peppers on the bottom of the jar, among pieces of garlic. And all those flavors come through in the pickle. They're made in Dadeville, Alabama. Worth a quick duck into the Cracker Barrel gift shop.

Fred Sauceman
Johnson City, Tennessee

Bonzmoose
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 06/21/05 10:17 PM
We fell in love with Wickles Pickles a few years ago after reading about them in SOUTHERN LIVING magazine. They taste like a spicy hot bread and butter pickle. I think the company only makes pickles - either the slices or a relish. You can purchase them online at their website, simsfood.com if you can't find them in a store. We have been able to find them in our local grocery stores in the past few months. I could eat a jar full in no time and agree with the company slogan, "Wickedly delicious pickles"!

Mark in VT
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 06/21/05 10:51 PM
I have to go with Topor's.
My wife is from the Detroit area, and she insist's we "smuggle" Topor's in ziplock bags each time we visit !
Boy have I gotten strange looks from security screeners !

Poverty Pete
  • Total Posts : 2266
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 06/22/05 3:33 AM
Yesterday, while at the Bedford Cheese Co., in Shelbyville, Tn., I found some pickles that were so good that not only did I eat half the jar before getting them home, I went online and had two cases shipped out to me. I buy lots of food online, but this is beyond the norm, even for me. These pickles are sweet with a little peppery kick at the end. Bushie, next time you're around, I have a jar with your name on it.

nvb
  • Total Posts : 468
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 06/22/05 9:46 AM
Pete, I have a recipe for these kind of pickles if you want it. Or you can order from me, I can use the money.

PaulBPool
  • Total Posts : 278
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Wed, 06/22/05 10:28 AM
"The Pickle People". Small stand inside the Western Beef supermarket in West Hempstead NY. This family owned and operated stand has been making the BEST sour garlic pickles for many many years. Easily as good or better than the better known NY pickle places, they specialize in the sour garlic, half sour, and full dill pickles. Also available are spicy hot pickles, cajun pickles, horseradish pickles, mustard pickles, hot tomatoes, fresh sauerkraut, hot cherry peppers. From time to time, special pickles are made, i.e. pizza pickles, or "hillbilly hickory" pickles.
The stand is only open Thurs - Sun and the prices are very reasonable, $7 for a half gallon container of your choice.
A side note, to those who knew "Eddie" the pickle guy, he passed away last May from MS, and his wife and mother now run the business.

Sherri Sharp
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 07/22/05 4:07 PM
Keep your eyes posted for Freestone single serve pickles. They're made in Bangor, Maine by a 102-year old company and the family still runs it. They are wonderful!

Sherri Sharp
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 07/29/05 3:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sherri Sharp

Keep your eyes posted for Freestone single serve pickles. They're made in Bangor, Michigan by a 102-year old company and the family still runs it. They are wonderful!

signman
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 07/29/05 5:46 PM
The half dones served at Cyril & Ruth's Delicatessen on Main St. in Annapolis, MD are among the best I've ever had.

mrnab
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 07/29/05 10:49 PM
Anyone remember Max's pickles? They had a nice kick to them. They also made green pickled tomatoes. I haven't seen them in stores in years.

kathyward
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 08/5/05 11:43 AM
I am looking for a recipe for "wickles". This are similar to bread and butter pickles, but have a real kick to them. Can anyone help

dbear
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 08/5/05 12:45 PM

My 2 favorite kinds of pickles are half sour and kosher mini dills. For half sours, seems like many local deli's have a table brand that tastes pretty good. The brands I like are Ba-Tampte and Nathans. The brand of mini dills I like best is Mount Olive, which I discovered fairly recently. They are flavored the way I like and are always crisp. Mount Olive also recently came out with a version of these that has Texas' Pete hot sauce in the mix; these are excellent!

db

Birdhunter
  • Total Posts : 94
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 08/5/05 1:52 PM
If you like pickles with a little zing to them I put
1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed red peppers that you put on pizza.
shake it good and let it sit for a day or more.Great taste.
"Birdhunter" from Wisconsin

Campbell
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sun, 08/21/05 8:19 AM
I was in South Carolina and stopped at a place called Lowcountry Produce. They produce the best pickles that I have ever had! They took me on a tour of their kitchens. These are sweet pickles, but not the normal southern syrupy sweet pickles. These use different spices and are by far the crunchiest pickles I have ever tasted! They are small, but they say they are growing pretty quickly. They said to expect a website in the next few months. You have got to give these a try!!

cyclops
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Mon, 10/24/05 4:39 PM
Connecticut grocery stores, about 5 years ago, began to get mt olive brand pickles. BRILLIANT!!. The petite kosher and petite bread and butter are unbelievable, along with the best sweet relish anywhere!!

FrankBooth
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Mon, 10/24/05 4:42 PM
Gus!!!- accept no substitute. absolutely the best. super sours please (half's are amazing too, but i want all my garmonbozia...). enjoy- frankbooth

Farmaller
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Mon, 11/7/05 10:10 PM
The worlds best pickles are my Mom's, God rest her soul, after that I have to say Milwaukee's brand is as close to homemade as I have ever had.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 11/11/05 6:03 PM
My mouth is watering like pavlovs dog reading about the sour's and half sour's.. now stop, unless you're gonna give one up.. Dont make me run down to the deli now.. It's too cold!

Bushie
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Fri, 11/11/05 8:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Pete

Yesterday, while at the Bedford Cheese Co., in Shelbyville, Tn., I found some pickles that were so good that not only did I eat half the jar before getting them home, I went online and had two cases shipped out to me. I buy lots of food online, but this is beyond the norm, even for me. These pickles are sweet with a little peppery kick at the end. Bushie, next time you're around, I have a jar with your name on it.

This is funny. I hadn't seen Pete's post until now.

I DID, in fact, pick up that jar from Pete a few weeks ago when I was in Nashville. They are LONG GONE.

And, it also turns out that they were the Wickles Pickles recommended by Mr. Sauceman above! I love bread & butter pickles, and these were the best I've ever had.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sat, 11/12/05 5:26 PM
Strange that you posted this today Bushie. I stopped today at Lodges Cast Iron Outlet in South Pittsburg today and they had free samples of the pickles. I admit that they were tasty and spicy. A little hot for my taste but they were good.

Wickles Pickles and Relish were $4.99 each

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN

Bushie
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sat, 11/12/05 7:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

Strange that you posted this today Bushie. I stopped today at Lodges Cast Iron Outlet in South Pittsburg today and they had free samples of the pickles. I admit that they were tasty and spicy. A little hot for my taste but they were good.

Wickles Pickles and Relish were $4.99 each

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN

Pete also gave me a jar of the relish. PERFECT on hot dogs with plenty of mustard.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Sat, 11/12/05 8:02 PM
Bushie, the Lodge Cast iron cookwire in South Pittsburg also had the relish. I was able to taste both of them. They are both great and extremely spicy and good.

The are both different than anything I have ever tasted.. I bought them both and they are the frige now opened and tasted. I got to admit I have sweated a bit.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

TxConnie
  • Total Posts : 83
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/15/05 12:33 PM
I love the pickles here.

[http://www.branchranch.com/]

fabulousoyster
  • Total Posts : 1855
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Thu, 11/17/05 3:00 PM
Batampte pickle products in Brooklyn, serving NY.

dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: The BEST Pickles??? - Tue, 11/22/05 9:25 AM
I can devour a whole jar of Heinz baby sweet gerkins, MtOlive hamburger chips, dill spears..is there no end to pickles? Wal-Mart Superstore has a hot pickle that I really enjoy as well. I make a spicey onionNpepper "pickle" sliced and halfed red or white onions(or both) sliced green peppers stuffed in a jar and covered with wine vinager, hot pepperflakes and minced garlic and a splash of olive oil. 3-4 days in the frig and their ready.. except for sterilizing the jar I dont heat anything because they dont hang around long enuff to spoil..

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 99