What was the name of those corn chips?

Cheeseburger
2005/01/09 03:12:06
Does anyone remember a brand of corn chips that had an American Indian cartoon character on the package? The chips had a sort of "crinkle cut" shape. I know they were available in California in the 70's and maybe the early 80's.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/01/11 11:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Matt

Does anyone remember a brand of corn chips that had an American Indian cartoon character on the package? The chips had a sort of "crinkle cut" shape. I know they were available in California in the 70's and maybe the early 80's.

Possibly "Indian Corn Chips"? That's a name I seem to recall from that era here in the Midwest...IIRC the chips were larger, kind of wavy, and a little thicker than Fritos.

Brad
renfrew
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/01/11 11:13:43
Your description reminded me of Dipsy Doodles, something I had not thought of in years. If they dont make those, would DDs satisfy? Do they even make those anymore?
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/01/12 02:40:32
quote:
Originally posted by Brad_Olson

quote:

Possibly "Indian Corn Chips"? That's a name I seem to recall from that era here in the Midwest...IIRC the chips were larger, kind of wavy, and a little thicker than Fritos.

Brad

Your description sounds like them. I think they came in different flavors too (BBQ?).
Glen
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/01/28 23:44:19
I remember around 1969 when I was a kid living in Wichita, KS, a brand I think that was called Indian Corn Chips. I remember these Indian design "tattoos" that came in every package. You would wet it, put it on your skin and peel the backing off. One design I remember was an Indian chief's headress.
mimsy
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/02/02 01:18:44
quote:

I remember those, made you feel less guilty about eating a chip, they looked healthy at least. If memory serves me correctly I believe they were made my Eagle Brand chips and I do think they were called Indian Corn Chips, or close to that.. they came in a silver bag with an Indian cheif on the front top of the bag.
..thanks for the memories..
mimsy
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/02/02 01:21:10
quote:
Originally posted by renfrew

Your description reminded me of Dipsy Doodles, something I had not thought of in years. If they dont make those, would DDs satisfy? Do they even make those anymore?

Okay..now, Dipsy Doodles.. that brings some faint recollections back but I can not pinpoint exactly what they tasted or looked like..maybe I never ate them, only recall the adds, that would explain the mind lapse perhaps. Help my burning curiosity, describe them.
6star
Filet Mignon
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/02/02 02:25:20
Here is a picture and description of Dipsy Doodles: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=400
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/03/03 16:52:19
quote:
Originally posted by 6star

Here is a picture and description of Dipsy Doodles: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=400

Yes! Those Dipsy Doodles are just like the "Indian" corn chips I was thinking of.
jmaines3
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/03/03 16:53:53
quote:

They were called Wampums, sold at Lucky's. They came in plain and BBQ.
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/03/03 17:03:41
Thanks! That must be them. I know they came in plain and BBQ.
Cheri
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2005/10/05 21:02:17
Yes, I remember them in the early 80's..in Missouri.
In fact I'd like some more..Indian Corn Chips. anyone know where I can get some?
urel
Junior Burger
RE: What was the name of those corn chips? 2008/02/10 18:38:39
Yes! Indian Corn Chips! The ones I remember were shaped liked little arrowheads. They seemed a little puffier than something like a Frito. I know we got them in IL.