White Castles in Los Angeles?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Junior Burger
2005/01/11 03:33:51
Are there any White Castles in the Los Angeles area because I AM DYING FOR SOME! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/01/11 04:23:18
Find out here:
http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/Locate.asp
Apparently the answer is no, but I thought you might like to sniff around the website anyway.
Feeling your pain (albeit with WC's everywhere I turn,)
Bill
earod124
Junior Burger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/01/11 06:04:21
Luckily I visit family in NJ every year, but those fronzen ones they sell at the grocery store just don't do it for me.
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/01/11 06:29:24
There's a recipe out there somewhere that supposedly produces something extremely close. It calls for baby food as an ingredient. I've never tried it because, like I said, I can be at any one of a dozen within ten minutes of leaving work, but I have cafeteria today at my kid's school, and it's tough enough getting the kids to try the hash I'm slinging with onion breath (and even worse, onion butt.)
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/01/22 19:26:53
does any1 know if there r any whitecastles in or near pittsburgh Pennsylvania? please tell me i need to know
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/01/22 20:06:17
There was a temporary White Castle on the Sunset Strip last summer. You can read about it here:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3359624/news?item_id=3504681

Unfortunately, I never got around to getting over there to try it. I read that most of the west coasters who tried it were rather underwhelmed by the WC experience.
Stupid_American
Hamburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/02/01 11:43:32
I haven't noticed lately, but Sam's Club was selling boxes of frozen sliders.
Salustra
Double Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2005/02/01 11:52:52
After hearing about White Castles for years, my California family tried White Castle for the first time (and only since we don't have access to them other than the frozen version at Costco) while visting Chicago Heights last summer. Not sure what all the hype is about. Of course, I'm sure there are things we rave about that folks in other places can't understand either. Avocados and guacamole and coworkers from NY, NJ, & PA, come to mind. I guess it's one of those "you had to grow up with it" things?
almost40
Junior Burger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 17:49:04
Native Chicagoan here. The frozen White Castle burgers are nothing like the ones cooked at the restaurants!!! I live in California and hate that they won't open any White Castle stores out here. Bummer.
Jim Ross
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 18:31:11
Like many things, they aren't that good the first time. I think it's because they are so different from a regular hamburger. I remember not being that impressed the first time I had one when we moved to the Chicago area, then after a couple of times it's an acquired taste that becomes an adiction. Wishing I had a sack now
Big Sausage
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 18:33:49
Nothing better then a two day old White Castle belch !
TheHotPepper.com
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 19:45:37
eww
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 20:55:42
quote:
Originally posted by almost40

Native Chicagoan here. The frozen White Castle burgers are nothing like the ones cooked at the restaurants!!! I live in California and hate that they won't open any White Castle stores out here. Bummer.
Native Southern Californian here, and I too wish some would open up around here. I got hooked on them years ago when I was in the service. Maybe their marketing people don't see this as a viable market. I dunnow.
Jim Ross
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/07 22:58:27
I read an article somewhere that they were a real good place to work. Evidently they don't franchise and it's a closely held company. They only expand as the operations generate revenue for growth which is why they are so slow to spread.
Rowsdower98
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/08 18:14:09
At least you have In-N-Out out west. Not that I don't like White Castle. I drive 50 miles almost once a week just to get to the nearest one. I would drive twice that for a Double Double from In-N-Out, but that wouldn't even get me a quarter of the way to the nearest one.
Tastytoo
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/09 20:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by Salustra

After hearing about White Castles for years, my California family tried White Castle for the first time (and only since we don't have access to them other than the frozen version at Costco) while visting Chicago Heights last summer. Not sure what all the hype is about. Of course, I'm sure there are things we rave about that folks in other places can't understand either. Avocados and guacamole and coworkers from NY, NJ, & PA, come to mind. I guess it's one of those "you had to grow up with it" things?
They are especially a popular place to eat after drinking. That might be part of the allure.
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/12 19:20:05
Are there any In-N-Out Burgers in Chicago? Of course, not! White Castle was the original midwest, Chicago burger joint, long before McDonald's. As a teen, we'd drive to the WC on 69th & Western looking for street races after we left Skip's Drive-In in Melrose Park. White Castle had a Chicago cult following back then. Most Slyders were consumed hot, right out of the little box in your car after a night of drinking. You wouldn't want to be seen eating inside the place. WC's remained a midwestern family business, with the exception of the NJ & NY stores. The frozen, microwavable WC's can't be compared to the hot product off the grill. A few years ago, they finally opened a WC in Wisconsin. We even have one in Lake County(Gurnee Mills Shopping Center). Will they ever make it to the west coast? I doubt it. Will we ever see an In-N-Our Burger in Chicago? Probably not.

CSD
Starlord
Junior Burger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/12 19:36:49
Greetings again. Your resident former WC employee here again. The lack of White Castles in the west goes back to the early days of the chain, and is the result of a huge court case. When the co-founder of the company hired an architect to design the buildings for WC, he sold a duplicate set of the blueprints to the owner of a similar chain, just starting up in Kansas City (unknown if KS or MO,) called White Towers. White Towers filed a suit against White Castle, charging unlawful use of the building design and copying the White Towers concept. After a long battle, the architect finally admitted that White Castle was the original, and White Towers was the copycat. The final result of the cast was that White Castle would operate east of the Mississippi, and White Towers would not go east of it. In addition, White Towers would have to pay White Castle a specified amount annually for permission to use the building design. Someone posted that it waas apparently a good place to work, and it was, even given the low pay (in 1965, when I worked there, I made the huge sum of 65 cents an hour.) When hired, each operator was given a booklet that told the White Castle story, and we had a house organ, a monthly magazine written by White Castle employees, that gave us a sense of pride in where we worked. Alas, I live in Arizona now, and those frozen sliders just don't cut it, and everytime I go back east, I stop at the big Castle in St. Louis for a fix. Gotta have it, ya know?
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/12 20:23:32
May I be the first to say on this thread:

Why isn't this in in the fast food forum? It's making me crazy. I can't stand it. I need to go and find some more threads where this is happening. Oh the horror, the horror.
Wistah
Cheeseburger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/10/12 21:55:40
quote:
Originally posted by Starlord

Greetings again. Your resident former WC employee here again. The lack of White Castles in the west goes back to the early days of the chain, and is the result of a huge court case. When the co-founder of the company hired an architect to design the buildings for WC, he sold a duplicate set of the blueprints to the owner of a similar chain, just starting up in Kansas City (unknown if KS or MO,) called White Towers. White Towers filed a suit against White Castle, charging unlawful use of the building design and copying the White Towers concept. After a long battle, the architect finally admitted that White Castle was the original, and White Towers was the copycat. The final result of the cast was that White Castle would operate east of the Mississippi, and White Towers would not go east of it. In addition, White Towers would have to pay White Castle a specified amount annually for permission to use the building design. Someone posted that it waas apparently a good place to work, and it was, even given the low pay (in 1965, when I worked there, I made the huge sum of 65 cents an hour.) When hired, each operator was given a booklet that told the White Castle story, and we had a house organ, a monthly magazine written by White Castle employees, that gave us a sense of pride in where we worked. Alas, I live in Arizona now, and those frozen sliders just don't cut it, and everytime I go back east, I stop at the big Castle in St. Louis for a fix. Gotta have it, ya know?

Sorry, but at least part of your story is total BS....White Tower was a chain that operated well into the 70's and hung on til the early 80's and they had stores all over the eastern half of the country....Ohio, Michigan, and they even had a number of stores here in the Boston area. There are still White Tower buildings operating as restaurants in parts of Detroit, and one in Cambridge MA. In fact I have never heard of White Tower operating WEST of the Mississippi at all (maybe someone can correct me) but they were definitely huge east of the Mississippi.
finlandia
Junior Burger
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/11/15 11:27:45
Ok, ever since I saw the movie, my friends and I have to made a roadtrip just to try their burgers!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2006/11/15 11:59:27
quote:
Originally posted by Starlord

So, what you're saying is that the White Tower I used to eat in at least once a week for years at the corner of College and Crown streets in New Haven, Connecticut didn't exist. I guess that must mean that my classmate Paul Walker's father didn't run that White Tower. Or are you trying to say that New Haven, Connecticut is west of the Mississippi?
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 17:40:34
I moved from Indiana to California in 1959.
And witnessing the utter explosion, (in the sixties and seventies), of zillions of huge NEW hamburger franchises, all based on some tiny variation of the standard hamburger, I always wondered why there were no WCs out here, seeing as they are so unique, (with the small size--individual square box -slathered in onions, and steamed bun [slider] factor and all)...
and all I ever heard was: "They made some deal with some other hamburger company wherein THEY would only be east cf the Mississippi and THIS OTHER COMPANY would stay west of the Mississippi. "
Never heard the name of this other company.
So, today, for the first time, it occurred to me to google the answer,
which brought me here.
--So when i saw the previous post explaining about the White TOWERS court case
i thought i had the answer
but these later posts seem to suggest that that might not be the correct version of the story
since White TOWERS aren't just west, aqpparently
(personally, i have never HEARD of White TOWER)

so i STILL don't GET it:
seems like they'd be SO successful out west, there must be SOME legal arrangement or reason stopping them from coming out here.
They'd sell TRILLIONS!
post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/25 18:01:26
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 18:27:03
Maybe a state like California needs to trade some In-N-Out Burgers for some White Castles.
I grew up on Long Island in NY and I can't think of anything better to eat after a late nite of clubbing. I can still smell those grilled onions after all these years.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 18:34:02
chicagostyledog

Are there any In-N-Out Burgers in Chicago? Of course, not! White Castle was the original midwest, Chicago burger joint, long before McDonald's. As a teen, we'd drive to the WC on 69th & Western looking for street races after we left Skip's Drive-In in Melrose Park. White Castle had a Chicago cult following back then. Most Slyders were consumed hot, right out of the little box in your car after a night of drinking. You wouldn't want to be seen eating inside the place. WC's remained a midwestern family business, with the exception of the NJ & NY stores. The frozen, microwavable WC's can't be compared to the hot product off the grill. A few years ago, they finally opened a WC in Wisconsin. We even have one in Lake County(Gurnee Mills Shopping Center). Will they ever make it to the west coast? I doubt it. Will we ever see an In-N-Our Burger in Chicago? Probably not.

CSD

Plans are afoot for North Texas (Dallas and Ft. Worth) to be inundated with In-N-Out Burger stores beginning in the summer of 2011. Apparently, they're building a "processing center" in North Texas that will service INO stores within a 500 mile radius of North Texas and, Oklahoma!
Carl's Junior is here, now.
So, one never knows what's in the future.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 18:34:05
My favorite WC memory was just that, late, 3am, Indianapolis, across from the Slippery Noodle.  The place was P-A-C-K-E-D !!!

Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 18:36:24
wheregreggeats.com

My favorite WC memory was just that, late, 3am, Indianapolis, across from the Slippery Noodle.  The place was P-A-C-K-E-D !!!

Ah, yes. 3:00AM is the ideal time for a White Castle loadup!
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/25 19:52:05
ok
doing some more google research:P
 CASTLE was started in 1920
and TOWERS was started in 1926
by a guy who specifically studied every aspect of CASTLE
to copy them

so TOWERS probably WOULD have lost any lawsuit
but i still haven't found out the explanation for why there are no CASTLES in the west
since if any agreement was ever made for TOWERS to stay west
they broke the agreement, apparently

still researching...
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/26 06:25:27
I ate at a White TOWER only once ... I recall no similarity in their burgers.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/26 13:45:40
No White Castle's in Knoxville but there is one in Nashville.  I stop there every time I am in Nashville.  Their menu is much more extensive than the Krystal.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/26 17:30:25
BARhar!
"Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" came on the tube, again, yesterday
and, as I'm watching it, I'm thinking: "I live in the half of a continent that doesn't get the funny"
(why two people would bravely suffer cheetahs and rabid raccoons attacking
and wade through bigoted cops and Klan members
and a sex/drug-crazed Doogie Hauser)
hehehe
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 15:03:27
What's the most WC you ever ate? 1972, after a REO Speedwagon concert I did 22. Had a minor case of the munchies.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 15:07:49
Fifteen for me. But I had a couple of orders of onion chips, too.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 15:15:14
wheregreggeats.com

I ate at a White TOWER only once ... I recall no similarity in their burgers.

That's because there was no similarity. White Tower hamburgers were normal size, and they were round, not square.  Additionally, they were grilled on a flattop, not steamed atop chopped onions. Plus, White Towers offered plates of baked beans.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 17:20:19
In the first movie (go to white castle) Harold and Kumar ate 40 (or maybe that's 40 EACH)
and the next movie (escape from guantanamo bay)
begins when they immediately get home
(in the bathroom)
hehehe

and, yes, from everyhing i've found, on google, the guy who came along, in 1926, copied the building exactly--except for the crennolated fascade (even going in and photographing the interior dimensions of CASTLE buildings--even copying the five- stool-at-the-counter format), and even stole away a CASTLE management employee to copy every detail of their business practices
and even copied the slogan ("buy them by the sack") and made the TOWERS slogan "bring home a bagful"
but it doesn't say he copied the actual hamburger

well DUH!
kinda the whole REAL point of the CASTLE popularity
isn't it?
they're NOT yer average bear

i mean, "Harold and Kumar go to McDonalds" wouldn't have worked
(no premise for the epic mythic quest--wendy's or burger king would have sufficed)
post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/27 19:06:29
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 18:16:58
Michael Hoffman

Fifteen for me. But I had a couple of orders of onion chips, too.

Michael, that was pretty good.  I can do three if I do not have any fries.  I use to be able to eat six.  That was Krystals by the way.

Same way with Krispy Kreme.  I use to be able to eat six and now two is the limit.  I think the yeast in them makes them grow in your stomach.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 18:38:12
Oh, now I get full on five or six, Paul. Back when I ate the fifteen I'd stopped at a White Castle, as usual, after finishing my shift at The Associated Press Bureau in Columbus at 1 a.m. I stopped on my way home to get a bunch to share with my wife. I usually ordered 15 Castles and a couple of onion chips, and Barbara would eat four or five of them. This particular night she wasn't feeling well, so I ate the whole thing.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 19:15:51
yeah
every east-continental denizen i've ever heard trying to explain wcs to a left coaster usually says "oh hell, ya gotta eat like FIVE of 'em"

if they'd never existed before
and they came out, today
that'd prob'ly be theIr slogan
plastered across every bagful (or sack):
OH HELL, YA GOTTA EAT LIKE ...FIVE OF 'EM

post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/27 19:30:01
mar52
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 19:30:09
Question here....
What is an onion chip?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 19:58:50
An onion chip is an onion leaf that's been battered and deep fried.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/27 23:38:27
Thank you!

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 02:30:45
You are most welcome.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 03:06:09
well, not a LEAF, actually
slices of split onion bulb-right?
basically the same thing as a deep fried, battered onion ring
but in curved slab form
--like a broken up onion "rose"
right?

when i lived in greencastle indiana, i was gonna start GREEN CASTLES--which would be deep fried, battered squirrel chops
which, instead of with beans or onion chips, would be served with paw paws

and, of course, the building would be constructed of rough-hewn sycamore logs

but, i realized it would only work in areas like greencastle, indiana, because one would have to walk into the woods every morning and shoot the squirrels and pick the paw paws, because, like blackberries, i don't believe those can be purchased commercially, in bulk

and, of course,  i also realized i'd have to explain to everyone west of the damn mississippi what a paw paw was
(largest edible indigenous north american tree-fruit)

also known as an indiana banana

actually, a retired actor, from MELROSE PLACE, did copy the idea and started a green TOWER, in hollywood
but i couldn't sue her
because the building is constructed from rough-hewn telephone poles
and they serve deep fried, battered rat and prickly pear instead of squirrel and paw paw

they're doing pretty good, there

post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/28 04:24:45
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 09:18:21
wow!
wikipedia says the paw paw is the largest native fruit you can eat on the whole continent PERIOD
(kinda looks like a small army green potato)

i guess even ANY melon or tomato or edible thing that can be called a fruit
that is bigger, is an invasive weed brought by humans from the other continents
and i found an official porcelain White Castle souvenier coffee cup i'd had knocking around forever
and it has three official registered slogans on it
"A national institution established in 1921"
"Buy 'em by the Sack"
and the most prominent boldest letters of all:
"THE TASTE FOR ALL TIMES"

(just not all regions, i guess)

mar52
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 10:06:57
Green Tower, Hollywood?  

Doubt.

Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 15:52:19
hehehe
ok
the stuff about hollywood was just an affectionate jab in the ribs, from a former hollywood resident, to his old home town (in deference to the theme of the title of this thread)
[spring of '82, in the apartments beind the gas station on the corner of sunset and clark--across the street from the whisky a go-go]

but the rest is true
and the squirrel thing might actually work
since no-one is ever, (apparently), gonna let anyone start a WC franchise there
and i STILL say a fast food squirrel joint would be great!
healthier, too
squirrels eat acorns and nuts and fruit
whereas hamburgers are made from meat mixed in central grinding stations from all over the world
and yer hamburger could have meat from up to 100 different cows (dangerous possible disease vector)
and chickens eat ANY damn thing
yuk
ever SEE what a chicken eats?

i wonder HOW much money it would take someone to BUY the rights to open ONE white castle in LA?
whoever manages to do THAT could be a dang BILLIONAIRE
there's GOTTA be a way

mar52
Sirloin
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 16:02:40
Now how can I believe the rest of your posts?

So you never ate at the once Twin Castles in Culver City?

It's long time gone.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 16:35:48
well
the thing about the fried rats and prickly pears....?
hehehe

no
i never heard of white TOWERS or twin castles
till i began this google wc research curiosity quest

but white castles go back to my earliest glimmers of childhood memory

they've had since 1921 to come west
and they've never done it
so i'm starting to lose hope of waiting
alas
post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/28 16:41:06
dimmie2
Cheeseburger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 16:40:31
I've had both Krystal's and White Castle's burgers and they are nothing to write home about.  I prefer most of the trimmings, not just a sprinkle of onions that I don't eat anyway.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 16:51:14
oh it's just the uniqueness that, once having gotten real used to, can't be replicated by a regular normal burger

it's like if you had a craving for an askimo pie
and everywhere you went there were zillions of variations on the candy bar
for sale
but just no place that sold eskimo pies

they're both not exactly health food

as they say in the movie
you want what you want
and you gotta have that
or it's not what you want
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 17:15:50
And they're not candy, either. An Eskimo Pie is an ice cream bar.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 17:29:05
exactly
and when you have a hankerin' for a passle of fried squirrel and paw paws
barled possum belly and collard greens just won't do
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 17:42:05
If you have a hankerin' for fried squirrels and paw paws then you have a serious problem figuring out food combinations.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 17:57:10
i've HEARD some people like pineapple on ham or pizza
(don't know if i believe it)

better than mixing rat with prickly pear

in sumsory:
WC is a burger
but no burger west of the mississippi is a slider
post edited by Dwylbtzle - 2010/12/28 18:00:14
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 18:01:12
It must be the blue field.
dimmie2
Cheeseburger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 18:01:30
" />

Pineapple on ham or pizza is just fine but I'll have to pass on anything that resembles roadkill.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 18:09:30
the chicken that DIDN'T cross the road

Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 18:14:36
actually
he's right
not really THAT cool to mix fruit with meat
(for the gut)

yeah
it's a burden to have the only blue football field

makes us kinda crazy

all that resposibility to live up to
kishkaeater
Cheeseburger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 20:11:12
 Dwylbtzle means?

Do what you like because the ____________?

I don't get your games.
Dwylbtzle
Junior Burger
Re:White Castles in Los Angeles? 2010/12/28 22:11:27
oh, no, i didn't mean everyone just DO what you want
(THAT'd git ugly, fast)

those lines were from the movie:
they go out to get White Castles
and the place they used to go had been replaced with a regular burger stand
so they decided that if one were going to the trouble to go out and get junk food
one might as well GET what you want
(so they keep trying to find another White Castle--but a crazy hollywood actor steals their car)

which just shows how different sliders are from regular burgers

so i was making fun of that company (white tower) that went to all the trouble to copy the building and business style and slogan
but didn't bother to realize it's the slider that makes the real difference
in the long run
THAT's what the people want (SOMEtimes)
and they want what they want
it's like that poem:

some say the world will end in fire
some say in ice
from what i know about desire
i side with those who side with fire
but ice would be nice
and would suffice

:)