beer can chicken

Author Message
hefried
  • Total Posts : 367
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/13/2004
  • Location: pdx, OR
beer can chicken - Thu, 01/20/05 10:59 PM
0
Hey! BEER CAN CHICKEN
You guys ever made it IN THE OVEN? I've done it several times on the weber (Yes, of course, with Lazzari!)
I wonder if it would work in the oven...? HEY, by the way, do any restaurants serve beer can chicken?
It IS so good.......

nvb
  • Total Posts : 468
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/5/2004
  • Location: dfhbgmhmy, MN
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 6:46 AM
0
Beer Can Chicken will work in the oven. At 300 it takes around 2.75 hours.

Oneiron339
  • Total Posts : 2075
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/13/2002
  • Location: Marietta, GA
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 7:45 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Slick

Beer Can Chicken will work in the oven. At 300 it takes around 2.75 hours.

It works this way, but IMHO it doesn't have the flavor that comes from smoking it on the grill. It does come out tender but I miss the smoky flavor.

jellybear
  • Total Posts : 1135
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/15/2003
  • Location: surf city, NC
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 8:26 AM
0
I always do it in the oven put it in at 450 let rip for thirty,forty minutes then turn it down,the skin is what I crave!I love BBC!

Lexi
  • Total Posts : 248
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/26/2004
  • Location: Chappaqua, NY
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 9:36 AM
0
The only place I know that serves "Beer Butt Chicken" (as my daughter calls it) is the Weber Grill in Chicago. I've made it at home many times and use the leftover seasoning to make truly inspired roasted potatoes.

I am so hungry right now!

hungovergourmet
  • Total Posts : 188
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 9/24/2003
  • Location: Lutherville, MD
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 9:37 AM
0
Beer Can Chicken in the oven turns out great. In fact, the last one I did in the oven was among the best I've ever had... juicy and moist. Sometimes I'll add some liquid smoke to the beer can or rub some into the chicken to give it some of that smokey flavor.

hefried
  • Total Posts : 367
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/13/2004
  • Location: pdx, OR
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 11:28 AM
0
wow great ill hafe to try it for sure.thankx
the REASON i want to try the oven and not the weber is that i wanted to taste the chicken WITHOUT the smokey flavour. i mean, i like that and all, but sometimes i just wasn't unadulterated chicken flavour.
HEY LEXI im curious a bout the "weber grill in chicago" that sells the chicken. is that "weber grill" like the "weber grill" that i cook my chicken on usually? is it run by the company that makes the grills??? sounds like it.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13397
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/18/2001
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 11:55 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by hefried

wow great ill hafe to try it for sure.thankx
the REASON i want to try the oven and not the weber is that i wanted to taste the chicken WITHOUT the smokey flavour. i mean, i like that and all, but sometimes i just wasn't unadulterated chicken flavour.
HEY LEXI im curious a bout the "weber grill in chicago" that sells the chicken. is that "weber grill" like the "weber grill" that i cook my chicken on usually? is it run by the company that makes the grills??? sounds like it.


I have visited Weber Grill several times and I have really enjoyed it. I have attached their site for your information.

http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/index.html

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

nvb
  • Total Posts : 468
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/5/2004
  • Location: dfhbgmhmy, MN
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 2:11 PM
0
Back a few months ago I sold BCC as a Thursday special. Except, I messed up by serving only a quarter per plate. Dark meat didn't sell and I ended up with a pile of legs and thighs and barely broke even. I'll pick it back up when my kitchen is ready in a few weeks, but I'll sell it by the halves.

Oneiron339
  • Total Posts : 2075
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/13/2002
  • Location: Marietta, GA
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 5:02 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Slick

Back a few months ago I sold BCC as a Thursday special. Except, I messed up by serving only a quarter per plate. Dark meat didn't sell and I ended up with a pile of legs and thighs and barely broke even. I'll pick it back up when my kitchen is ready in a few weeks, but I'll sell it by the halves.

Wow, to me that is the best part.

Lexi
  • Total Posts : 248
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/26/2004
  • Location: Chappaqua, NY
RE: beer can chicken - Fri, 01/21/05 10:31 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
Originally posted by hefried

wow great ill hafe to try it for sure.thankx
the REASON i want to try the oven and not the weber is that i wanted to taste the chicken WITHOUT the smokey flavour. i mean, i like that and all, but sometimes i just wasn't unadulterated chicken flavour.
HEY LEXI im curious a bout the "weber grill in chicago" that sells the chicken. is that "weber grill" like the "weber grill" that i cook my chicken on usually? is it run by the company that makes the grills??? sounds like it.


I have visited Weber Grill several times and I have really enjoyed it. I have attached their site for your information.

http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/index.html

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN


Thanks Paul, for helping me out here - I had a ridiculous fire drill at work and couldn't get back to the computer 'til now.

I love the Weber Grill and go whenever I'm in Chicago. I have a special magnet that was a gift from the manager - it's a small Weber gas grill. I was even invited to go behind the cook line - broke a sweat right away! Loved it!

hungovergourmet
  • Total Posts : 188
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 9/24/2003
  • Location: Lutherville, MD
RE: beer can chicken - Sat, 01/22/05 10:12 AM
0
quote:

Wow, to me that is the best part.


I'm with ya! Luckily, my wife doesn't like the legs or thighs, so I get them all to myself whenever I make chicken or turkey.