Pulled Chicken

meat.me.at.the.city
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
Pulled Chicken - Mon, 01/31/05 6:48 PM
just wondering if anyone has tried pulled chicken & what was your likes or dislikes about your experience with the taste.

prius
  • Total Posts : 109
RE: Pulled Chicken - Mon, 01/31/05 7:14 PM
I guess what you are referring to is what I call barbecue chicken.
I dip breast meat into seasoned flour...briefly brown it, place it covered in a medium oven until cooked. Cool, shred (pull) then add melted butter and vinegar along with salt and pepper. I use it in a flour tortilla or to make enchiladas or to just eat...YUM.

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5057
RE: Pulled Chicken - Mon, 01/31/05 7:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by meat.me.at.the.city

just wondering if anyone has tried pulled chicken & what was your likes or dislikes about your experience with the taste.

http://chicken-recipes.chef2chef.net/chicken-recipe-11.shtml

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Pulled Chicken - Mon, 01/31/05 8:40 PM
Or he could be refering to pulled chicken in the food service industry.. Nothing more then pre-cooked chicken meat shreded (pulled) and frozen (5lb bags). Used for soups or chicken salads to name a few ideas...

meat.me.at.the.city
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: Pulled Chicken - Mon, 01/31/05 10:55 PM
Yes, Industry is what I'm gathering. I'm currently the pitboss where I work & it's rather a test product. Come in frozen 10 lbs, smoked @ 250° until temps at 165°, Don't really make sense that it nearly loses about 25%-40% of weight after cooked, I personally don't see this product as a nice addition to bbq. But I just wanted to read what others had expierenced with it.