BEST Prime Rib in Chicago

JAHelgy
  • Total Posts : 67
  • Reward points : 0
BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 9:54 AM
If you're looking for the best prime rib in Chicago, check out Lawry's...........You WILL go back again! It is unbelievable!

--James

tmiles
  • Total Posts : 1908
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 12:20 PM
I look forward to it. It has been mentioned on this site before, and I have become a fan of the seasoned salt as a result of mentions on this site too. I also have Archies Waeside at the top of my to do list too.

mistertawny
  • Total Posts : 49
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 12:49 PM
Try "The Chop House" it's reputation is not undeserved. Food and service were top shelf even an an incredibly busy Saturday night.

michaelgemmell
  • Total Posts : 673
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 3:22 PM
I lived in Chicago 17 years but never went to Lawry's. On a visit back there, we had lunch there. Very good and MUCH cheaper than dinnertime.

The Lawry's garlic salt is excellent.

saps
  • Total Posts : 1551
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 4:03 PM
The Wagyu Prime Rib, at Gibson's, when they offer it, is excellent. Morton's does a good job with Prime Rib as well. I haven't had good meals at the Chop House- my last two filets their were 25% gristle. However, my dad always says he has good meals their, but he always orders the strips. Apparently, they have several meat purveyors, so some of the different cuts may be better than others. The Chop House's inconsistencies have been noted a few times on Chicago chow boards.

Saps

sizz
  • Total Posts : 1682
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 4:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAHelgy

If you're looking for the best prime rib in Chicago, check out Lawry's...........You WILL go back again! It is unbelievable!

--James

James: ..... what did a dinner of Prime Rib at Lawry's cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ? Linda and I walked past it a few months ago on our way to check out Pizza Uno. It looked like a pretty swank place and not what one would call a Roadfood Joint ............... Frank C.

Theedge
  • Total Posts : 1196
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Tue, 02/15/05 5:08 PM
When I was there 10 years ago it was very swanky. Waitresses in starched uniforms, customers who looked like old money, grey hair and bowties. It was kind of funny as one of the fellows we brought with us was kind of tight with his money. He wouldn’t check his coat as he didn’t want to pay a tip. I believe we paid for his dinner. Can’t remember what the cost was, it was up there. I’d definitely go again, but strictly speaking not a road food place.

JAHelgy
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Thu, 02/17/05 9:26 AM
Saps-- I don't remember exactly what it cost us, But I do know that my wife & I ate for about the same price ONE of us could have eaten at Gibson's.......and the food was atleast as good (probably better).

---James

JAHelgy
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Thu, 02/17/05 9:29 AM
RE: The Chop House -- In my book, The Chop House is noted more for quantity rather than quality...........you know, with some of the 300 lb. steaks they serve.

-----James

Tommy2dogs
  • Total Posts : 348
RE: BEST Prime Rib in Chicago - Thu, 02/17/05 6:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAHelgy

RE: The Chop House -- In my book, The Chop House is noted more for quantity rather than quality...........you know, with some of the 300 lb. steaks they serve.

-----James

Are we talking about "The Chicago Chop House" on Ontario?