Favorite "cup" candy

Cheeseburger
2005/03/01 00:47:23
What's your favorite cup candy(such as Reese's)? I loved the recent Reese'e "Big Cups" limited edition candy. A peanut butter cup with like, triple the peanut butter! I hope they make those again.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 01:12:09
http://www.valomilk.com/
I grew up with 'em. I still love them, but I can't find them in Oregon.
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 01:48:18
I was always a Mallow-Cup guy. Odd, because I'm really not fond of either marshmallow or chocolate.
jerseygirl127
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 06:11:44
REESES of course.. is there any other???
like the white chocolate ones too.. and the inside out ones are pretty good too. :)
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 06:17:22
Another vote for inside-out Reeses'. I will admit to a certain curiosity in regards to those Valomilks.
Lucky Bishop
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 15:42:21
Reese's miniatures, the ones that come in the family-size bag. They have a better chocolate:peanut butter ratio than the regular ones.
redtressed
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/01 22:13:16
Smoothies and Reese cups, hands down.
Hiram Callahan
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/02 19:34:34
I've tried and liked the Newman's Own Mint Cups. Really quite good.
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/02 20:52:18
You can now vote for either chocolate or peanut butter!

Check it out:

www.hersheys.com/reeses/promotions/limited-edition/
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/02 20:58:53
Cool! Reese's is bringing back "Big Cup" this month! Has anyone tried the Reese's Fudge cup?

Ckeck it out:

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/reesespeanutbuttercups.asp
sweetgherkin
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/03 00:10:20
Reese's original, plain and simple for me. I think I remember a version that was called chunky or crunchy something, it was the same as the original but had larger bits of chopped peanut in the peanut butter and I think even in the chocolate?
GordonW
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/03 02:08:50
As a matter of fact, I was at CVS yesterday, and the candy display at the register did suck my hand into the Reeses section. But I had to notice that it seemed that the cup has become...well...so to say...um...something in the "B" size.
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/04 16:26:30
quote:
Originally posted by sweetgherkin

I think I remember a version that was called chunky or crunchy something, it was the same as the original but had larger bits of chopped peanut in the peanut butter and I think even in the chocolate?

Yes, that was called "Crunchy." Does anyone remember the name of the Reese's cup that had a chocolate cookie inside it?
cannedpoo
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/26 00:46:43
mmmmmm Mallow Cup
GordonW
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/03/26 00:53:01
They seem to have a new thing out. A cookie topped with peanut butter, covered with chocolate. Just not the same.
Kaczmark
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/04/29 10:59:24
COME ON,...does only One person on this thread rememnber Boyer Smoothies???? Smooth peanutbutter like candyon the outside, with "crunchy" soft peanutbutter on the inside. YUM YUM YUM. Plus, every Boyer candy bar came with printed coin cards in each pack. WWHHHOOOAAAHHH was the rare day when I would get a 25 or 50 coin. Save 'em up and send 'em in for cheap trinkets from Boyer.
Salustra
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/04/29 11:33:10
quote:
Originally posted by jerseygirl127

REESES of course.. is there any other???
like the white chocolate ones too.. and the inside out ones are pretty good too. :)

Does the peanut butter of the inside-out ones taste different to you than the peanut butter in the regular ones? I think so - like the originals better.
Salustra
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/04/29 11:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by bill voss

Bill- you can order them from here:
http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat_js.asp?search=valomilk#
sizz_leteen
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/05/02 16:31:31
I heart Reese cups...pretty much because I've never tried anything else. I'd love to find Valomilk, though.
Rev.Bucky
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/05/10 05:48:36
Anybody here ever have a Cup Of Gold? There a chocolate marshmallow cup thing, and I was wondering how they compare to Valomilk (which I've never had.)
billyboy
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/05/31 16:17:24
Love the Smoothies! I used to be able to get them at the local candy store along with Mallo Cups as a kid. I also love the gooiness of Valomilks. They're so messy, I feel like I'm doing something bad. If you're looking for Valomilks, Skybars, and Goo-Goo Clusters, go to the Cracker Barrel restaurant gift shops. I've seen them in Cracker Barrels all over the U.S. Another place (altough odd) is Bed, Bath & Beyond. Yes, thats right. I went into the one on 6th Avenue in NYC (around 17th and 18th Streets) and its was like a movie concession stand without the markup. They had huge boxes of Goo-Goo Clusters at the front of the store. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa, and his name is Bed, Bath & Beyond!! I'm guessing other branches do the same.
octopus
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2005/07/05 16:50:58
Resses Peanut Butter Cups.
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/20 18:11:08
There's something very inviting about candy cups. I just enjoy biting into them. Fortunately, it looks like the Reese's Big Cups are here to stay.
Fieldthistle
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 07:17:58
Hello All,
Am a Mallo-Cup lover. We have a Mallo-Cup Club at work, where members of
our secret society smuggle in and share Mallo-Cups when work gets stressful
and we need a pick-me-up.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Oneiron339
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 07:30:26
Frozen Reese's maybe better than regular Reese's, especially in Summer.
Michigander
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 08:28:27
As a Reeses lover from way back, they have to be fresh. What is worse than getting one left over from Halloween two years ago and finding that chalky, dried out peanut dust patty inside? I also like Mallo-cups, but we don't see them in stores in this part of the country.
dbrandon
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 09:17:10
I had a co-worker for a while who made absolutely amazing dark chocolate peanut butter cups. She brought them in to work for the holiday potluck a couple of times, and they were a big hit.

Dan B,
who thinks the Reese's white chocolate cups are just awful
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 10:10:01
Mallo cups are my favorite, but I like the mini Reeses cups frozen...
andyh40
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 13:58:17
OOOOhhhhh...Smoothies, hands down! I love these things, and only once in awhile find them at a gas station or convenience store.
aharste
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 14:01:47
Mallow Cup! Kind of tough to find in Minneapolis, so it's a treat when we do find them. Our gas station down the street as just started carrying them.
syrup
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/21 14:54:52
I'm curious about the card that inside Mallow Cups. It seems one equals ten points, and if you get five hundred points you can send them in for some kind of prize. I'm not one hundred percent sure how it works
Fieldthistle
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2006/12/22 05:54:44
Hello All,
Syrup, I'm not sure they still do it, but at one time you sent
in the 500 points and they send you a box of of Mallo Cups.
When I was a kid we saved them and send them in all the time.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
cavandre
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2008/07/27 20:48:34
I just had a sleeve of Newman's Own Peanut Butter Cups. If you want to continue to really enjoy Reese's, stay away from these things. The chocolate is creamier & less gritty than Reese's & the filling tastes like peanut butter, not something that used to be peanut butter.
octopus
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2008/07/27 21:05:01
Reese's Big Cups are tight.
BTW if you have a Cracker Barrell in your area they should have Valomilks.
zeebaneighba
Hamburger
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2008/07/27 22:38:46
Complete addiction to Reese's, but I also like the miniature chocolate peanut butter cups under the Sam's Choice brand (and interestingly, the Walgreen's brand.) Those have quite good milk chocolate and a creamy peanut butter filling. I really do like the unique peanut butter crumbly filling of Reese's, though.

And I also like to make my own. Peanut butter and chocolate...oh my, thumbs up!
cavandre
RE: Favorite "cup" candy 2008/07/30 10:50:30
quote:
Originally posted by bill voss

The Vermont Country Store ships them in the winter months.