KFC coleslaw

Junior Burger
2005/03/02 20:24:19
Help! I need to talk to someone who knows KFC inside and out. If you worked there in the last 10 to 20 years the better.

I need to know about the coleslaw.

It's different in my opinion. The texture is different and I wonder if they changed the dressing.

About 4 years ago I got a pint of slaw and it was way different then I remembered. I got some today and it was almost the same as I remembered but the texture was different.

This will be used in my screenplay, so this information is important to me.

Who can help???
pacman
Cheeseburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:32:32
quote:
Originally posted by domstead

Help! I need to talk to someone who knows KFC inside and out. If you worked there in the last 10 to 20 years the better.

I need to know about the coleslaw.

It's different in my opinion. The texture is different and I wonder if they changed the dressing.

About 4 years ago I got a pint of slaw and it was way different then I remembered. I got some today and it was almost the same as I remembered but the texture was different.

This will be used in my screenplay, so this information is important to me.

Who can help???

Sorry, I can't help, but, it is WAYYYYYY different. I will watch to see what you find out. FWIW, I think it has gone far downhill in the last 10 years.

Dan
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:35:25
"This will be used in my screenplay, so this information is important to me."

WHAT????????????
domstead
Junior Burger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:42:03
As far as the screenplay is concerned...it involves a segment about change. Some things change for the better or they get worse. The coleslaw is my metaphore for this change.
pacman
Cheeseburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:42:32
quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

"This will be used in my screenplay, so this information is important to me."

WHAT????????????

To be perfectly honest, I didn't get the connection there either. However, I really would like to know why they felt it necessary to screw up what was the best FF coleslaw.

Dan
pacman
Cheeseburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:43:57
quote:
Originally posted by domstead

As far as the screenplay is concerned...it involves a segment about change. Some things change for the better or they get worse. The coleslaw is my metaphore for this change.

Ok, now I get it.

Dan
...who still wonders why they screwed it up~!
domstead
Junior Burger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 20:52:09
LIkely they change things to save money...ignoring what made people like me go out of the way to get it in the first place. What I want to know is WHEN they changed it and WHAT kind of changes were made to it. I just know it isn't the same...BUT for the sake of accuracy in my story I want to know these things.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/02 22:00:43
This isn't news, I changed the topic to to "Side Orders" forum.
michaelgemmell
Double Cheeseburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/03 15:40:24
I use KFC Coleslaw by draining the sweet dressing. I put it in a mesh sieve and press out the dressing with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. When well-drained, I add mayo, sour cream, garlic salt, dill and black pepper. That's what I add to my own homemade coleslaw too. Perhaps my habit of modifying their coleslaw is why I have not noticed any change.
topferment
Hamburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/03 16:34:52
www.topsecretrecipes.com has a recipe it says is from KFC. Personally I can't stand their slaw, but maybe at one time it was good, I don't know.
pacman
Cheeseburger
RE: KFC coleslaw 2005/03/08 20:58:13
quote:
Originally posted by Peachpie9

In the meantime, I have a recipe for coleslaw that prompts a similar response in almost everyone who eats it: They think it's the original recipe (*heh*) for KFC coleslaw. I could email it to you if you like.

Catherine

Catherine,

I for one would love to have that recipe. I'd like to have something that remindes me of the old KFC coleslaw.

Dan