What's new in Richmond, VA?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 62 of 62
Glenn1234
  • Total Posts : 509
  • Reward points : 0
Re:What's new in Richmond, VA? - Tue, 07/30/13 1:44 PM
NascarDad -

Thanks for the regular updates on the Richmond area.  Janet and I get down there several times per year, so the updates are very useful and appreciated.   Unfortunately, we're up in the northern part of the state ... "NoVA" ... in the nasty DC suburbs.    Or, as our friends form other parts of VA like to call it, ... "NOT-VA" !
Anyway, we agree about Hogshad cafe.  As you said, their best items are not the BBQ (though still good), but other items, including some of their sides and desserts.  Their lime-ade is also super delicious.    The new Buzz & Ned's location is also very good.  It seems about as good as the original.  ... Just with a fancier setting.     

Keep up the updates.   Much appreciated!

Glenn & Janet

NascarDad
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points : 0
Re:What's new in Richmond, VA? - Tue, 08/20/13 8:22 AM
Glenn1234

Keep up the updates.   Much appreciated!

Glenn & Janet

Thanks :) I should also note about Hogshead that their Cherry Limeade may be even better than their regular limeade.   I have yet to have a Hog-ade, which is the alcoholic version of the limeade :)

Their smoked brisket , when they have it, is quite good, and you can ask for it from the "wet end" or the "dry end" depending on your preference.  I would rate it as the best of their traditional "bbq" items.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 62 of 62