Top 5 Burgers

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Cheeseburger
2005/04/11 21:11:56
I know, this has all been covered before but maybe we can get some new blood this time.

List your Top 5 all-time favorite Burgers anywhere in the US.

1. Kincaid's (Ft. Worth, TX)
2. The Brass Ring (North Palm Beach, FL)
3. McHale's (NYC)
4. JG Melon's (NYC)
5. Louis Lunch (New Haven, CT)

Now, it is your turn....
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 01:58:53
Hard to find good burgers around here:

Red Robin's Banzai burger, rare
CB&Pott's Mile Hi Burger, no bun, rare
Icon Burger, rare (Lafayette, CO)
Home, rare
Home, rare
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 02:50:52
Bob's Bar, Martinsburg, Nebraska. Best burger on the planet!
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 07:41:05
Two Bell's Tavern, Seattle

Brickyard, Daytona Beach

Louis' Lunch

White Hut, West Springfield, Massachusetts
chezkatie
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 08:21:50
quote:
Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

Brickyard, Daytona Beach

Louis' Lunch

I can testify to the fact that the Brickyard serves up one really good hamburger.......had one there just a few days ago.

The only other place that comes to mind where the hamburgers are terrific is a little place called EW Becks which is located in Sykesville, Maryland. There cannot be a better burger any place.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 08:45:43
Leena Lous - Ada, Mi.
cleveland66
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 09:49:36
1. bacon double cheeseburger @ Dyer's-Memphis, TN
2. cheeseburger w/grilled onions @ Brown's-Nashville, TN
3. cheeseburger @ Louis Lunch-New Haven, CT
4. cheeseburger, animal style @ In-N-Out Burger-L.A., CA
5. The Deathburger, Cory Brown style @ Trenton Street Cafe'-Ruston, LA
now closed...

I miss the Deathburger...
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 10:18:33
1. Cheeseburger, The Crazy Cow, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
2. My own
3. Beanyburger at the Gahanna Grill, Gahanna, Ohio
4. Academyburger, also Gahanna Grill
5. Danny's, Stratford, Connecticut

I've never cared much for the hamburgers at Louis Lunch. They aren't half as good as the steak sandwiches there.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 10:36:50
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

1. Cheeseburger, The Crazy Cow, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
2. My own
5. Danny's, Startford, Connecticut

I've never cared much for the hamburgers at Louis Lunch. They aren't half as good as the steak sandwiches there.
Aaaahhh ... At first glance I thought you said "DENNY'S" not "Danny's!" I like Louis' for the rustic nature of the burgers.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 10:45:08
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

2. My own
5. Danny's, Startford, Connecticut

Aaaahhh ... At first glance I thought you said "DENNY'S" not "Danny's!" I like Louis' for the rustic nature of the burgers.

I grew up eating at Louis Lunch. the Lassens are my cousins. I always loved their steak sandwiches, but I never cared for the hamburgers. I could get better hamburgers at the White Tower up the street.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 11:22:39
My favorites
(1) Stanich's World's Greatest Hamburger, Portland, Or
(2) Burgerville"s Rogue Valley Blue Cheese Burgwe
(3) Ringside Restaurant Burger, Portland, Or
Lavanda
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 11:25:21
OKaaaaayyyyy,

But WHY are these your favorites?

What makes a burger stand out from the crowd for you?
saps
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 11:53:33
1. Ted's, Meriden, CT
2. Charlie Beinlich's, Northbrook, IL
3. Louis Lunch, New Haven, CT
4. Goldyburgers, Forest Park, IL
5. Crabill's, Urbana, OH
hatteras04
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 12:08:59

1. Hinkle's Hamburgers, Bloomington, IN
2. Carl's Townhouse, Chillicothe, OH
3. Thurman's, Columbus, OH
4. Sumburger, Chillicothe, OH
5. Stan's, Columbus, OH

Hey Michael - What is the academy burger at Gahana Grill? I've had the Beanie Burger (cole slaw and bacon) but not the Academy.
essvee
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 12:12:43
Cheeseburger on a Widoff's bulkie, Ralph's, Wormtown MA

Mama Burger, Val's Burgers, Hayward CA

Joe's Hamburger Sandwich, Original Joe's, San Francisco CA (only on Fridays when they fire up the char-broiler for lunch)

I can't think of any others, as i am damn picky.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 12:46:00
quote:
Originally posted by hatteras04

5. Stan's, Columbus, OH

Hey Michael - What is the academy burger at Gahana Grill? I've had the Beanie Burger (cole slaw and bacon) but not the Academy.

The Academy is the Beanie without the slaw. I prefer it that way. Both have grilled onions and bacon.
Oneiron339
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 13:04:15
Rocky's Burger Bus - Calgary Alberta
Vortex - Atlanta
Copper Monkey - Gainesville, FL
Big Hoss Burger - Scott's in Bixby, OK
Stamps Superburger - Jackson, MS
( These are not in any particular order)
corabeth
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 13:22:21
quote:
Originally posted by hatteras04

5. Stan's, Columbus, OH

I strongly agree on the Sumburger. I stopped there a few weeks ago with my daughter & grandchildren on the way to West Virginia. My grandson especially liked placing our order over the telephone that was in the booth.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 13:59:56
1. town topic-KC Mo.
That's it. It's the only one I really crave. We used to sit at the counter at 4:00 in the morning (bars close at 3:00 in KC) and watch the grill man use an ice cream scoop to make up the next day's fresh ground burgers.
he'd scoop, put a square of wax paper, then repeat till he had towers of meat balls
ready to smash out on the grill, of course with onions.
Double cheeseburger with/ coupled with 2 eggs over easy-play the"Tommy" pinball machine while you're waiting. Perfection.
zataar
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 14:55:09
In no order of preference:
1. Town Topic - Kansas City, Mo, nothing like it
2. The Brasserie - NYC, the best fries and buns
3. Restaurant Vincent - Minneapolis, not the least expensive, but one of the best I've had in MPLS or anyother higher end restaurant
4. Tommy's - LA, just right after an evening of Lazarium at the Griffith Park Observatory
5. Johnny C's - Raytown/ KC - I'm not sure if it's in Raytown or Kansas City, it's too close to both lines to tell. Great sweet potato fries
AndreaB
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 18:04:49
*Not necessarily in this order but depends on what I'm in the mood for:

1. Ollie Burger from Ollie's Trolley (Spicy!);
2. Cheeseburger with everything from Wilson's pool hall in Versailles KY (accompanied by onion rings);
3. Cheeseburger with everything from G.D. Ritzy's;
4. Drumrollll I hate to say it but "Big Mac";
5. Any burger from my grill with fresh cold onions, lettuce, tomatoes, spices, ketchup, mustard, and cheese..........ah!

Unfortunately for me, the nearest Ollie's Trolley is in Louisville KY and the G.D. Ritzy's in Lexington KY is long gone.

Andrea
Tommy2dogs
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 19:29:14
1. Come Back Inn Melrose Park Il Now closed
2. Kincaids, Ft. worth Tx
3. The Original Billy Goat Tavern Chicago (its the total experience)
4 Lefty's Addison Tx (Lunch Only)
5. Hambuger Heaven Elmhurst, Il.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 19:49:21
1. Thr Farmer Burger, from one of the Farmer Boy Stands in the Inland Empire of SoCal. Love the thick Avocado slices on it (along with everything else)!

2. The Double Bacon Cheeseburger- Also from one of the Farmer Boy stands. Must have a Side of Huge Onion Rings and Squash Spears to go with the Burgers.

3 a 4x4 from In N Out.

4. A Double Bacon ButterBurger (Jumbo) from our local Culver's in Corydon, Indiana...Although I tend to choose the Pork Tenderloin Sandwich lately.

5. Currently vacant. TBA Later.
TIPPY LEE
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/12 20:38:30
1. Billy Ray's Restaraunt-Prestonsburg, KY.
2.My friend Ethel McKenzies hamburger-Katyfriend Branch-Prestonsburg, KY.
3.Red Light Diner-Prestonsburg, Kentucky.
4.My own- Medium well. Mustard & onions only
5.Have to think about this one!!
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/14 03:44:44
Lawanda, I like the Rimgside burger because it is quality meat grilled to orger(it is about the onlt place I can get a rare burger), I like Standish"s WGH because the cook it fresh, it has every topping I could want, and the atmosphere is wonderful(see review on the Oregon section of this website), I like Bugerville's Rogue Valley blue cheese because the Blue cheese is fresh and the burger is from hormon e free norhtwest cattle and it is tasty.
Chiefb52430
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/15 22:45:30
2 of the best burgers on Long Island in Suffolk county are
1) Howards Cafe south/west corner sunrise highway and waverly ave Patchogue
2) J&Rs steak house Rte 25a Rocky Point...Not the Stony Brook location
there are plenty of other places that put out a great bar burger but these 2 stand out to me........
geomotz
Hamburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/15 23:45:27
Ted's - Meriden, CT
The Apple Pan - LA, CA
Solly's Grille - Glendale, WI
Bobcat Bite - Santa Fe, NM
Shake Shack - NYC
Skyharbor12209
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/15 23:52:00
Tommys Hamburgers in LA
In and Out in LA
White Castles anywhere
Krystals in the south
SouthHillbilly
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 00:01:02
Lavanda, Good question.
A good burger needs to be cooked through (these days, unless you watch the meat processed from start to finish) but still be juicy. For me it needs to be grilled and preferably have a slightly smokey taste (cover the grill for the last few minutes).
Salt and peppered heavily before cooking and unlike a good steak, you might hit it with just a small shake of garlic, onion powder, oregano, etc. . . whatevere you prefer. But always remember, good beef, even ground up beef is a wonderful thing to taste, so don't lose the taste with spices and herbs.
Also, you gotta have a good bun. . . maybe some fresh onion, tomato and lettuce, or maybe not.
If you want to mix a bunch of things into your burger, make meatloaf.
dholk
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 01:33:22
I can' really come up with a top five...there's my top two and a dozen or so also-rans...

1) Any Burger at McGuires Irish Pub in Pensacola, FL
These guys age their own prime beef in-house and grind the scraps from steaks to make hamburgers. If you understand the difference between choice and prime beef, you know what I am talking about. Truly awe-inspiring burgers. If you enjoy the effects of alcohol :), don't miss the house drink, the Irish Wake. They squeeze fresh oranges directly into a quart-sized mason jar, add enough Barcardi 151 to get Jackie Gleason cross-eyed, and then add a splash of blue curacao to make it nice and green. Awesome.

2) My backyard
An oversized patty of the best beef I can get charred at the highest temperature my trusty Weber can produce. Fresh crusty roll, crisp lettuce and ripe tomatoes, and whatever condiments and accroutements my friends desire.

I'm too far from Pensacola now (Lyme, CT). I think I better fire up the grill...

Dave
Bluemaxx
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 11:22:09
Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion on McGuires Irish Pub in Pensacola, FL. I will definitely have to try that place next time I am driving through Pensacola on my way to a race somewhere. I usually stop in for a burger at the Senic 90 Cafe. They have one of the best burgers around as well. Their burgers are made with onion already ground into the fresh meat. They are also a good size too. Definitely try that place if you get a chance too
Bluemaxx
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 11:26:27
Skyharbor, I am with you on the #2,3 & 4. . Never been to Tommy's in LA though
BakersBoy
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 11:31:19
I know that they have expanded, but in the mid-atlantic I still like Five Guy's.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 11:39:41
quote:
Originally posted by dholk

I'm too far from Pensacola now (Lyme, CT). I think I better fire up the grill...

Dave

If you're in Lyme, they have a pretty darned good hamburger at The Shack in Flanders. At least, they used to. I haven't been there in about four years.
Mosca
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/16 13:24:01
The burger at Patte's Sports Bar in Wilkes-Barre is great, but I haven't been there in years because they don't have a no-smoking section.

Tom
mar52
Sirloin
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/17 19:49:22
Woody's Smorgasburger, Culver City

Noting better than a charred burger with Woody's salsa, chopped peanuts and dill pickle slices.

If I could only get the recipe for that tomato paste like salsa.

Woody's Smorgasburger, El Segundo

Woody's Smorgasburger, Canoga Park

As you can see I travelled wherever necessary to get a Woody's burger. When El Segundo closed I was depressed for.... we'll I'm still depressed!

Howard's Bacon Avacado Burger, West Los Angeles
Walt's Big Burger before it became Howard's.
MartinT
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/17 20:02:34
For a great burger check out Tierney`s Tavern in Montclair New Jersey. Don`t forget onion rings on the side and you always get 5 star pickle with every burger.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/17 20:40:55
Dearfolk,
My 5 favorite burgers (currently available) are (and this'll take some serious thought!):
1) The Grill - Athens, Georgia. Big Molly Burger medium with everything; a side of homemade potato salad. I've never had a better burger than is served here, in any size or style.
2) Copper Creek Brewing Co. - Athens, Georgia. Blueburger medium-rare; a side of broccoli. I was amazed at the quality of this item at my favorite drinking place.
3) Euclid Avenue Yacht Club - Atlanta, Georgia. The regular cheeseburger medium-rare, but use homemade pimiento cheese spread instead of anything else; side depends on what the day's offerings are. Everything is always good at this wondrous, dependable neighborhood (Little Five Points) jernt.
4) The Globe - Athens, Georgia. Dinerburger with everything, medium; side (again) depending on the day's offerings. A decent kitchen has opened up at a fine drinking establishment.
5) The Universal Joint - Decatur, Georgia. The Works Burger with everything, medium-rare; sides (again) depending on what the day's menu offers. Another dependable neighborhood place, this one in the Oakdale neighborhood in South Decatur.
When I'm feeling greazy-sleasy (spellings are correct as to mood): The Varsity, in any of the convenient-to-me locations in Athens or Atlanta. Steak Through The Garden (I think that's their terminology) with chili cheese fries. A stroke in the making.
I'll have to try the Vortex burger at my next opportunity. Also five or six other places here and yonderways.
Unburgerenedly, Ort. Carlton in 30601-Central.
P. S. I've never eaten a burger at The Royal Cafe - every day I'm too busy with the day's meat-and-three to sidestep into such predictably relatively-mundane turf.
eelranch
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2005/04/17 21:35:22
CLAMP'S - New Milford, CT but really close to Marbledale (or Marble Dale - this is a deep local controversy). Watch for the sign.

D.J. Hack in Osasco, Brasil where you would have a hard time finding a decent burger.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 13:01:01
Number one is very easy for me. The green chile cheeseburger at Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe is the best burger I have ever eaten or ever imagine eating.

Other great burgers I have enjoyed:
2) Hudson's Hamburgers in Coeur d'Alene, ID
3) Hodad's in Ocean Beach, CA
4) Solly's Grille in Milwaukee
5) Phillips Grocery in Holly Springs, MS
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 13:18:54
quote:

Brickyard, Daytona Beach

Louis' Lunch

Burgers are all so different.

I do have to add White Hut in West Springfield and Stanich's in Portland, Oregon.

... and I too, will do White Castle when I can.

cornfed
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 14:13:54
Bonnie's Grill, in Brooklyn, NY
kayteedee
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 15:18:04
The Spot, Carpinteria, CA
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 15:23:15
quote:
Originally posted by kayteedee

The Spot, Carpinteria, CA

Welcome to RF Kayteedee

Bluemaxx
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 21:31:48
Since I originally posted this thread before I visited The Brickyard (Thank you, Gregg!), I must now include The Brickyard in my Top 5. I will bump JG Melon's down to #5 and put The Brickyard in as my new #4.
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 21:48:45
1. Grovers Swormsville, NY
2. Brennan's Bowery Bar, Clarence, NY
3. Zeb's Amherst, NY
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/01 23:01:55
1. Workingman's Friend Tavern - Indianapolis IN
Great Double Cheeseburger; juicy, messy, with irregular shaped crispy edges give away the home-made quality of this burger.

2. Top's - Pasadena CA
Chili Cheeseburger ; Big and almost impossible to eat without making a mess.

3. Fat Apples - El Cerrito CA
Juicy, thick burger. Make sure to try their apple pie for dessert.

4. Giant Burger - Hayward CA

5. Schoops - Calumet City IL

ctrueder
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/03 13:46:43
Last May, the missus and I took our usual semi-annual trip down Route 1. GAWD! we love Maine, and all it has to offer (except the TAXES, which keep us from buying a place there!)

On this adventure, we decided to side-track over to New Haven to check out “Louis Lunch” that we have heard and READ so much about.

We got lost, I don’t know how many times, but FINALLY found the FAMOUS “Louis Lunch.” We approached the iconic “burger stand,” I think, with an open mind.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that anyone in their right mind would recommend this place to a “FRIEND.” Sorry, but we found the whole setup disgusting . . . including the “burgers”, the cleanliness, the atmosphere, and the “attitudes.”

That’s OKAY . . . NO ONE FORCED us to go there . . . we read the “hype” (which we think is BS) . . . and we are pleased to say that we have been there, done that.”

Personally, I would rate their “burger” at LEAST two notches BELOW a White Castle product.

But, what the heck? They gotta make a livin’, right?

It is truly amazing what "media hype" can sell to the public!

Cheers!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/03 14:05:21
It's not media hype that has made Louis Lunch famous. While I don't happen to care very much for their hamburgers, it's only because I like mine on buns. I prefer their steak sandwiches. It's a wonderful place with terrific food, service and great ambience, and it's famous because of the people who have been eating there since early in the last century, not because it's been hyped. I'll grant that I haven't been a customer for too many years. I think it's only been around 65 or so years that I've been eating there -- well, not exactly right there. The building was moved a bit from its original Crown Street location some years back.
phlmaestro2000
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/03 14:14:13
Jake's Burgers in Newark, DE
Charcoal Pit in Wilmington, DE
Hinkles Burgers in Bloomington, IN
Caribou Cafe in Philadelphia
My own at home
ctrueder
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/03 14:17:16
Mike:

As an old professor, I respect your "tenure" on this forum.

Like I said, I and "melady" have "been there, done that" and we LOVED the experience.

Cheers!
Pwingsx
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/03 15:38:01
Pssst! Ctrueder! Over here, sssssh....Call him Michael. He does not like diminuitives. Trust me!
HankNBugsy
Hamburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 10:56:33
1) Specht's Store - any burger they make - San Antonio, Tx
2) Meers Store & Restuarant - Meers, OK
3) Chris Madrid's, San Antonio, Tx
hatteras04
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 11:54:45
quote:
Originally posted by phlmaestro2000

Jake's Burgers in Newark, DE
Charcoal Pit in Wilmington, DE
Hinkles Burgers in Bloomington, IN
Caribou Cafe in Philadelphia
My own at home

I am thrilled to see someone else with Hinkle's on their list. I is my alltime favorite and it is a true Roadfood find.
russ2304
Cheeseburger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 12:08:14
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemaxx

I know, this has all been covered before but maybe we can get some new blood this time.

List your Top 5 all-time favorite Burgers anywhere in the US.

1. Kincaid's (Ft. Worth, TX)
2. The Brass Ring (North Palm Beach, FL)
3. McHale's (NYC)
4. JG Melon's (NYC)
5. Louis Lunch (New Haven, CT)

Now, it is your turn....
News Flash!!!! I understand that McHale's is closing due to advance case of Times Square gentrification. A moments silence please.
saps
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 12:30:40
quote:
Originally posted by ctrueder

Last May, the missus and I took our usual semi-annual trip down Route 1. GAWD! we love Maine, and all it has to offer (except the TAXES, which keep us from buying a place there!)

On this adventure, we decided to side-track over to New Haven to check out “Louis Lunch” that we have heard and READ so much about.

We got lost, I don’t know how many times, but FINALLY found the FAMOUS “Louis Lunch.” We approached the iconic “burger stand,” I think, with an open mind.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that anyone in their right mind would recommend this place to a “FRIEND.” Sorry, but we found the whole setup disgusting . . . including the “burgers”, the cleanliness, the atmosphere, and the “attitudes.”

That’s OKAY . . . NO ONE FORCED us to go there . . . we read the “hype” (which we think is BS) . . . and we are pleased to say that we have “been there, done that.”

Personally, I would rate their “burger” at LEAST two notches BELOW a White Castle product.

But, what the heck? They gotta make a livin’, right?

It is truly amazing what "media hype" can sell to the public!

Cheers!

I think Louis Lunch is pretty good, and is a neat place. I understand everyone has opinions. Mine is that you're full of BS and simply engaging in knocking it down because it is an iconic place. Some people enjoy doing that. Or it may just be reflection of your taste.
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 13:12:02
Southeastern Wisconsin is the home of some great 1940's/1950's greasy cheeseburger drive-in's & diners. My favorites are:

1. Kewpee's: Racine
2. The Spot Drive-In: Kenosha
3. Big Star Drive-In: Kenosha
4. Nite Owl Drive-In: Milwaukee
5. Solly's Grille: Milwaukee

CSD

Born in Chicago
Esacaped to Wisconsin
Business Instructor
www.hotdogu.com
Trencher
Junior Burger
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 13:17:53
1. my girlfriends burgers at home
2. Red robin original cheeseburger
3. in and out burgers
4. five guys burgers
5. there are no other good burgers

Leigh
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 13:41:48
Although neither one would make my top five, there are two places in Pittsburgh worth mentioning. Tessaro's in Bloomfield has been talked about a lot in other threads. But this article from the newspaper goes into detail about why they are so good.

http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20000401tessaro2.asp

The other restaurant with a really good burger is Gab 'n Eat in Carnegie. It is located in a little strip mall and from the outside and doesn't look like much. But they really have terrific burgers. Last week, I had the mushroom and swiss. I should also point out that they are only open until 2:00.
saps
RE: Top 5 Burgers 2006/08/13 21:15:24
quote:
Originally posted by Trencher

1. my girlfriends burgers at home
2. Red robin original cheeseburger
3. in and out burgers
4. five guys burgers
5. there are no other good burgers

Leigh

I can't agree with your last four choices but it is true that your girlfriend's burgers at home are the best. Just ask anyone.
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial