Question for Today's KFC employees...

aaaaaa
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/8/05 9:01 PM
Call me ignorant, but this question has always been on my mind, as I have worked in the food industry for the majority of my life.

Does the chicken come preprepared before it is prepared by the staff at QFC? I mean is it frozen, preseasoned etc?, or does the staff actually prepare it in the mix?

I would think that it would be the first, as it would be to easy for an employee to "walk" with a sample of the product, and pass it along to a lab or something.

I personally don't think that the recipe is even worth stealing. I think back in the seventies that it tasted a whole lot better. Maybe back then , the recipe was a little different, and I think that maybe the secret herb is now being smoked up by the current KFC employees, instead of going into the seasoning mix.

WE do have a KFC here in Tacoma Wa, that has the look and the feel of real fine dining, with all of the trappings. The over all experience is great, the employees are prompt, and polite, the food is good. It even has a dining area that has the feel of being in the South Amazon.(Full of plants, ala greenhouse style). The overall dining experience still keeps me a fan of the Colonel's.

Troy,
http://coogsfinest.com

aaaaaa
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/8/05 9:04 PM
I meant KFC, not QFC. I correct myself before i get to be corrected.
Troy

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/8/05 9:37 PM
It's already been lab tested: Flour, salt, pepper and MSG were the results...

Use the search feature in the forums.. Type in KFC... Been tons of talk on it..

aaaaaa
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/8/05 10:06 PM
UncleVic,
Do you mean Now , or in the 70's or both?
I have some inside that tells me that back in the 70's there was garlic in the mix, a fact, methinx.

Hey, Can you tell me how to change my username? aaaaaa is kinda stupid., ya think?

MSG is kinda confusing when it is in the mix, as many people cannot handle it. I can eat anything, and will.

Troy

UncleVic
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/8/05 10:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by aaaaaa

UncleVic,
Do you mean Now , or in the 70's or both?
I have some inside that tells me that back in the 70's there was garlic in the mix, a fact, methinx.

Hey, Can you tell me how to change my username? aaaaaa is kinda stupid., ya think?

MSG is kinda confusing when it is in the mix, as many people cannot handle it. I can eat anything, and will.

Troy

I dont know when it changed... I think the late 70's, early 80's.. Just look at KFC's profit reports and it should tell the story..

As for changing your username... You have been and forever be aaaaaa! Only option I can think of is starting all over, unless the keepers of Roadfood can help you out...

Hogbody
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Fri, 05/13/05 7:22 PM
I knew you were from the northwest when you said "QFC" I grew up around a KFC in the 60's-70's (North Seattle) and I do remember them pounding together 2 pieces of "floury" chicken over a big pan they had just rolled/patted the chicken in. I also remember my whole family getting food poisening in 1973 from a bucket of some great tasting chicken. At 13 years old I thought I was going to die (I felt so sorry for my Dad...I had never seen him sick before ) I have never eaten it since....it is extremely hard to be around the smell as well. So the moral of the story is... I do believe that in the late 60's and at least very early 70's they tossed it in a flour mix before dropping it in the fat...hope this helps.

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Fri, 05/13/05 7:34 PM
This is also similar to the original chicken fillet sandwiches @ Wendy's. Back in my time, everything FRESH; from the buttermilk to the seasoning flour to the actual fillet. There was nothing better than a WOFH freshly prepared chicken sandwich. Now, they are pre-frozen and ready to fry. This goes to show you that quality is secondary to profit for most chains. I always thought the other way around; i.e. a quality product brings in more profit. Too bad that dosen't still apply.

WaffleHouserules
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Fri, 05/13/05 7:58 PM
last time I was at KFC, they served me Undone chicken.

UncleVic
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Fri, 05/13/05 8:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by WaffleHouserules

mmmmm... medium rare chicken soaked in grease.... What more could one want?

WaffleHouserules
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Fri, 05/13/05 8:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

quote:

I dont eat there often, but one day when I need a fast and quick meal to go, I went there and I got that. I like Kens Pizza( The waterford,Mi one not associated with the Oklahoma ones)Chicken King and Chicken Shack In waterford,mi which I just discovered today. Chicken Shack Just opened up. Good food.

AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/15/05 5:15 PM
Re the KFC, I remember back in the 70's and even early 80' it tasted different, and you could even see the spices in it. Now, it just tastes salty and peppery, as in black pepper. KFC and Long John Silver's have both gone way down hill.

Andrea

Donna Douglass
  • Total Posts : 508
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/15/05 5:50 PM
We stopped getting KFC a long time ago because of undone chicken so many times. We then went without fried chicken for ages (I can't do it as well as my Mom did, so don't even try it anymore). But then we got some at the Big Bear deli (when Big Bear still existed here in Ohio) and it was good, but then Big Bear disappeared and we found that the deli fried chicken at Kroger is fabulous (or at least every time we've had it it has been fabulous). Cooked to a turn, seasoned just right and really good. Have wanted to try Church's but haven't done that yet. We also used to buy Lee's but don't think they have stores in this area any longer. So we'll stick with Kroger for now.

Donna

WaffleHouserules
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/15/05 5:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaB

Re the KFC, I remember back in the 70's and even early 80' it tasted different, and you could even see the spices in it. Now, it just tastes salty and peppery, as in black pepper. KFC and Long John Silver's have both gone way down hill.

Andrea

They trying to cook it too fast, that no good. I like my Chicken King and Kens Pizza chicken. Chicken Shack pretty good also.
www.chickenkingusa.com

tsores
  • Total Posts : 653
RE: Question for Today's KFC employees... - Sun, 05/15/05 5:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

quote:

A finger?