Pastrami

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 63 of 63
FrankBooth
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Pastrami - Tue, 10/31/06 1:32 AM
i'm sorry but what is that yellow american looking cheese doing in the picture of a carnegie deli corned beef sammich? just goes to show what a lost art real pastrami is in nyc- cheese on a jewish deli sammich? please, my grandparents are rolling in their graves- and katz's, i had a pastrami there a couple nights ago, did the whole deal- tipped the guy making my sammiches first, asked for it not too lean and sliced thin and it was a shadow of it's former self- still tasty, but nothing like when i was a kid. these days, i do believe that to get the real old school, melt in your mouth, gum it if you have no teeth, no chewing required pastrami of doom you need to go to montreal and eat a smoked meat sammich at Shwartz's- so moist, so flavorful, so fresh, so perfect. (http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=3723)- in conclusion, get that yellow cheese off that sammich up above please for all that is sacred!

hotdogger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: Pastrami - Mon, 02/26/07 11:54 AM
The best pastrami in NYC is at Katz's. Carnegie is more of a tourist trap. I will have to try LA and see which is better. YUM!

Tony Bad
  • Total Posts : 5114
RE: Pastrami - Mon, 02/26/07 12:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by hotdogger

The best pastrami in NYC is at Katz's. Carnegie is more of a tourist trap. I will have to try LA and see which is better. YUM!

Carnegie is a bit of a tourist hot spot...but their pastrami is still good! I have eaten at most of the spots mentioned in this thread (In NY and elsewhere) and all are great choices for a great sandwich. The best is usually the one in my hand at the moment.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 63 of 63