Give me a gold star for trying!

Junior Burger
2005/07/21 11:54:45
Ok all here goes again on the micros 3700 pos system.
I am still trying to learn it. The thing is I am only working part time and when I get a large party its a bit overwelming to deal with this system. I need some help that I can read and process at home. And or download to practice please help!!!!
gtucker@midmaine.com
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
RE: Give me a gold star for trying! 2005/07/21 13:02:42
[size=2First of all let me give you a GOLD STAR! In fact I think you deserve a whole bunch of them! I wish I could have the opportunity to hire someone who so genuinely wants to succeed at their job. Your tenacity is admirable!

See? Some of them even bear your name!
I will be preparing another post to your thread, but thought you might need this ASAP

Copper

Caramel Copper
Hamburger
RE: Give me a gold star for trying! 2005/07/21 13:20:41
I have been "Googling" Micro 3700 POS since you posted this topic. I found only press releases from micro repeated over and over......Oh, and a certification course that only pertains to programmers, and perhaps a dash of training/troubleshooting classes for managers to the tune of $165.00+.

This software is supposed to have a "simple user interface and online help" to make training a breeze. I even read several times that new servers can learn this in "minutes".

What micro doesn't tell you is that it depends on the COMPLEXITY of the menu. You listening?

I have used this system in a very large chain seafood restaurant that carries a HUGE menu. I thought I might venture out of the kitchen and back into "server-world", so I applied for the job. I have an IQ of 138 (test was taken on painpills from an auto accident) and also have installed Linux on an extra computer I play with. I'm not tootin' my own horn here....jess pointin' out I am no Dumb Egg.
The fact you may be finding it difficult to use this software on top of starting a new job doesn't make you a Dumb Egg. You still listening?
It is daunting to learn this system while learning the menu, the kitchen, other servers etc.........

Do you have a large menu?

Copper
gtucker
Junior Burger
RE: Give me a gold star for trying! 2005/07/21 13:57:56
Thank you so much for your response!
Its not a huge menu however its small and when you have a large table some items you go to put in are limited amounts and you get a big X through the item and have to go back and start over and deal with the customers response of running out!
You are so right its learning the ins and outs of new people places and things.As well as a new tool, I get so worked up.I have waitressed for some 25 years and want to be good at it but have theese 18 year olds that have no problem but they are very helpful.
Again thank you for your vote of confidence. It does help.
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
RE: Give me a gold star for trying! 2005/07/21 14:19:07
I have every confidence in the world that you will do well. Its just something new, and gets harder the older we get. It is attainable for you, without a doubt.

Copper