Whatever happened to Sorrento's Subs?

Junior Burger
2005/08/12 13:09:57
My grandmother lived in Pine Beach, NJ. Back in the late 60s I used to go to a wonderful hoagie place called Sorrentos in Beechwood. I know a lot of time has passed, but it was by far the best I ever had. Everything sliced thin, great crusty bread. I am planning to come to the Woodbury/Thorofare, NJ area in October for a high school reunion. My husband and I may want to take a trip down to the Toms River/Beachwood area and want to know what is good in both places.

In Woodbury where I used to live there was a terrific Italian Deli/Grocery that must be gone. It was on North Broad Street. I can't remember the name. I supposed individual Mom & Pop places like that are gone....
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
RE: Whatever happened to Sorrento's Subs? 2005/09/05 02:03:17
there is an excellent place for subs right there on route 9 in the Beachwood area. I forget the name offhand, but the signage is good, so you can't miss it..... and the few times I've been there, it's always been a happening spot........it's right near the Roy Rogers..

ellen
JL
Junior Burger
RE: Whatever happened to Sorrento's Subs? 2005/12/30 18:06:14
From its first location on Beachwood Blvd, Sorrento Subs moved to Atlantic City Blvd (Rt. 166) in 1978. It remained opened there until its owner (my father) passed away in May 2004. It's nice to see that people still have warm memories. Thanks for the compliment!

Joe
Catherinejm728
Junior Burger
Re:Whatever happened to Sorrento's Subs? 2013/03/16 20:18:00
I also was wondering if Sorrento's was still there. I grew up in Beachwood and I agree to this day they made the best subs.
I am sorry for your loss.