Best *Storebought Cookies

CaryMG
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Reward points : 0
Best *Storebought Cookies - Sat, 08/27/05 9:11 AM
Sure -- Bakeries Have The BEST.
But What About The Convienence Of Supermarkets?

And If You're Gonna Say "Oreos", PLEASE Don't Bother Answering.

In New York City .....
Local Brands
1] "Entenmann's" Chocolate Chip-Toffee Cookies
2] "Freihoffer's" Chocolate Chip
3] "Famous Amos" Chocalate Chip

National Brand
1] "Duncan Hine's" Chocolate Chip

Discuss .....

Beer&Snausages
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Sat, 08/27/05 9:40 AM
In Baltimore besides the cookies you can get at local deli's, (ribbon cookies) the local treat you can get in the grocery stores are Berger cookies. Every week flying out of BWI I'll see folks carrying their packages of Berger cookies.

http://www.bergercookies.com

ken8038
  • Total Posts : 1560
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Tue, 09/6/05 8:58 PM
About 10 years ago, my local Acme in Union County NJ carried a brand called Marietta cookies. The Oatmeal Raisin cookie was about the best store bought cookie I've ever had. In fact, it briefly elevated Acme from our 4th or 5th choice in Supermarkets to #1. Then they stopped carrying them. Been looking for them ever since.

They were made at the Marietta bakery in Marietta Oklahoma. I did a web search and I've sort of been able to determine that over the ensuing years they were bought out by Keebler and then by some other conglomerate, so the cookies probably suck by now, but I'd sure like to know if they are still available. ---Ken.

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Tue, 09/6/05 9:06 PM
NOTHING beats Freihofer's....NOTHING.......

emsmom
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Wed, 09/7/05 11:40 AM
Famous Amos is my favorite. I remember when they first came out about 20 some years ago. The cookies were all different shapes instead of uniform shape like they are now.

I do not like soft cookies at all though.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Wed, 09/7/05 11:51 AM
Albertson's in house made brand. It's the only thing their bakery here does well..everything else from their bakery is pretty poor.

Rusty246
  • Total Posts : 2413
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Wed, 09/7/05 11:59 AM
Pepperidge Farm

Milano
Mint Milano
Brussels
The whole line is pretty good. I don't eat cookies anymore but I do buy the Pepperidge Farm Sesame Sticks and could pretty much consume the entire box.

tacchino
  • Total Posts : 560
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Wed, 09/7/05 12:08 PM
I always enjoyed Costco's bakery cookies, in particular, the white chocolate chunk ones. Then again, I prefer softer, chewier cookies.

firepig
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Sun, 09/11/05 6:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ken8038

About 10 years ago, my local Acme in Union County NJ carried a brand called Marietta cookies. The Oatmeal Raisin cookie was about the best store bought cookie I've ever had. In fact, it briefly elevated Acme from our 4th or 5th choice in Supermarkets to #1. Then they stopped carrying them. Been looking for them ever since.

They were made at the Marietta bakery in Marietta Oklahoma. I did a web search and I've sort of been able to determine that over the ensuing years they were bought out by Keebler and then by some other conglomerate, so the cookies probably suck by now, but I'd sure like to know if they are still available. ---Ken.

It is true that Marietta Cookies were really good. A couple of years ago the plant shutdown due to bankruptcy of the corporate owners. They have restarted the plant now but I'm not sure under what brand. Here is a link to the local newspaper's story of the restarting. http://ardmoreite.com/stories/121704/mon_1217040021.shtml

firepig
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Sun, 09/11/05 6:41 PM
Although I'm not sure if these cookies fit into this category, I have to say that the Doubletree Hotel cookies are YUUUUUUUUUMY!

markolenski
  • Total Posts : 307
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Sun, 09/11/05 6:52 PM
180 degrees the other way. I just got a package of Kebbler soft Chocolate chip cookies free with a coupon. They are the worst packagaed cookies I have ever had. My wife each had one and tossed the bag out. They have no taste at all.

tsores
  • Total Posts : 653
RE: Best *Storebought Cookies - Sun, 09/11/05 7:39 PM
Oreos.

Facts is facts.