NEED SOME FEED BACK

djtomatoe
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Reward points : 0
NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/18/05 6:12 PM
please check out this link for a "stand-in" hot dog cart and give me any feedback
thanks

http://www.aaaahotdogcarts.com/standin.html

wheregreggeats.com
  • Total Posts : 4530
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/18/05 6:44 PM
Why do you need a stand-in?

To my untrained -- but curious about starting a stand myself -- eye, I'm concerned you get a little case of cabin fever in no time.

ohman
  • Total Posts : 262
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/18/05 7:28 PM
That was made by a guy in Canada, it is where I bought my cart. I am not sure if he has joind forces with someone in the states or not. The only complaint I had with mine was the plumbing, I have just about replaced all of it.It was not that big of a deal but still somethinf to think about. The cart you are looking at looks way to small inside and If you need to be inside I would go with a concession trailer which is what I am in the process of doing. I know a guy in Texas that will build a awesome concession trailer for the same money. It is only 5x10 but it is a very nice trailer. Let me know if you would like to contact him.

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/18/05 7:59 PM
For what it's worth, here's one I've been eyeing out: http://www.customsalesandservice.com/products/street-carts/model-650/features.php
(Click on the "gallery" link for pics)

ohman
  • Total Posts : 262
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/18/05 8:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

For what it's worth, here's one I've been eyeing out: http://www.customsalesandservice.com/products/street-carts/model-650/features.php
(Click on the "gallery" link for pics)

That is sweet, what kind of a pricetag has it got?

UncleVic
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Mon, 09/19/05 1:11 AM
Ohman, I'm not sure on the price... I emailed the company a couple months ago requesting a brochure on the unit (and a price chart for their expansion costs (cart can be modified to larger sizes), but have yet to hear back from them.

Jimeats
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Mon, 09/19/05 8:53 AM
Looks to me that It's going to get pretty hot in there. Chow Jim

cowboy bob 2
  • Total Posts : 101
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sat, 09/24/05 5:20 PM
Wow, I was lurking and ran across this subject. Now my two cents worth. In our town they will allow this unit on sidewalks. the price of this unit is very salty over 20,000. there was one in our town, but the owner was in a car accident, therefore the sale. It resold for 12,000 used only 3 months, like new. Clastophobic for sure. When you start out, its great, but 6 months down the road, I want a bigger unit, My unit was 6x10 and I added 5 more feet. Now 6 x 15 and I want a bigger unit, My next unit will be at least 8ft wide X 16 or 18 or 20ft It all depends on what you can afford.
Cowboy Bob in PA

djtomatoe
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/25/05 12:09 AM
i am also considering a stand beside, fully equipped cart, and a very waterproof 3-sided tent and a propane heater for protection during the rainy-cold days.
less cost, more room. not sure what i will come up with in the end. still researching and working out all the details before i make any commitment.
i appreciate all the responses so far. very helpful

UncleVic
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/25/05 1:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by djtomatoe

i am also considering a stand beside, fully equipped cart, and a very waterproof 3-sided tent and a propane heater for protection during the rainy-cold days.
less cost, more room. not sure what i will come up with in the end. still researching and working out all the details before i make any commitment.
i appreciate all the responses so far. very helpful

Kind of makes me think of Roques that was featured a couple weeks ago: http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=55

djtomatoe
RE: NEED SOME FEED BACK - Sun, 09/25/05 3:26 AM
the type of tent i invision would be much larger and taller and have a covered area for customers to stand and sit during rainy periods.